Skip to content

Irenicus: A Sarevok tribute act?

He calls himself the Hooded Man but he looks just like Koveras. Coincidence? I don't think so. Big Jon is just a Sarevok wannabe.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    This reminds me of what may be my FAVORITE bit of content added by the Ascension mod.

If Sarevok is in your party when Amelisan summons Irenicus, Sarevok and Irenicus have an argument over who was the better villain. Its simply precious.
    ArtonaJuliusBorisovmf2112
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    With the Longer Road mod they can do that while they're both in your party...
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Mantis37 said:

With the Longer Road mod they can do that while they're both in your party...

ToB with Ascension, Longer Road and Wheels of Prophesy is for me the way to even enjoy the last episode of the trilogy. I never miss to take my both ex-enemies along for it. It's fun to see them react to each other - and to Melissan.
    Bleriot
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    My favorite bit in Ascension is how you can
    completely dismiss Irenicus and Bodhi as being your "droppings" and mock Melissan for retrieving them. You just consider them beneath you during this scene, just like they kept doing for almost the entirety of SoA.
    ThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Mantis37 My problem with Longest Road is that I don't see Irenicus as redeemable in any way. It is a very cool idea though.
    edited September 2017
    ThacoBell said:

@Mantis37 My problem with Longest Road is that I don't see Irenicus as redeemable in any way. It is a very cool idea though.

It is a very hard thing in Longer Road to achieve his redemption. This is what makes it such an interesting mod. It does not bend Irenicus but stays true to his original persona. He is the one to reject the very idea of his redemption. His contract with you is aiming at making you the fool to even try it. He wants back his power and ideally he wants more than he lost. His ambitions are unbroken. In some way you have to outsmart him and beat him with his own weapons of logic etc to make him redeem.
    I estimate the chances that you succeed are less than 1 in 10.

A long time ago, there was a mod called *Redemption*, like an early version of Longer Road. Maybe you did that one? LR also aims at Irenicus' redemption but with the emphasis on your failure to achieve it.
    verlaineKuselBleriot
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    It was perhaps a little too hard as even a single flippant response can finish your chances. But it certainly made ToB's hackfest a lot more interesting.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @PaulaMigrate sorry, where is Longer road for EE?