Skip to content

Rough World (beta)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    For the record the mod is in beta status because I know there are a few bugs in it. Namely those having to do with where the Flaming Fist patrollers disappear in chapter 7. in some cases the place that I chose is too close to the edge of the map. So they take a few seconds to disappear.
    lolien
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    lots of updates? :o Nice job!
    elminster
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @elminster
    2. It makes it so that your movement within the city is very limited. You are only able to move one area at a time - even if you have previously explored a section of the city.

Could you please check "New travel system between Baldur's Gate City areas "

http://athkatla.cob-bg.pl/viewtopic.php?p=84492
    http://athkatla.cob-bg.pl/download.php?id=1595
    https://github.com/zed-nocear/BG_Travel-MOD-for-BG1-BGEE-BGT-Tutu-EET/releases

and analyze compatibility?
    Doubt it will be compatible.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Is this mod compatible with EET? I just installed it after EET and it seems to work fine. I didn't find any bugs, but maybe i missed something.
    edited January 2017
    Etamin said:

Is this mod compatible with EET? I just installed it after EET and it seems to work fine. I didn't find any bugs, but maybe i missed something.

Sorry I missed your post. I'm not really sure how EET handles the same area names across the different games (it sounds like it renames the "AR" in an area name to "BG"). So its possible that you might run into problems down the line with the spawn scaling and anything else that involves there being the same area names between the two games (as in you'll see spawning in BG2 areas that were meant for BG1 areas with the same name).
    Post edited by elminster on
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2017
    Yea then there are definitely going to be some issues with the scaled spawning portion of the mod and EET :)

The good news is that for the most part it looks like it just won't work (as opposed to causing active problems).

The chapter 7 components and Sparse Resting also likewise will not work. I'll see what I can do about releasing a patch to make it compatible.
    Grammarsalad
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited January 2017
    Etamin said:

elminster said:

Etamin said:

Sorry I missed your post. I'm not really sure how EET handles the same area names across the different games (it sounds like it renames the "AR" in an area name to "BG"). So its possible that you might run into problems down the line with the spawn scaling and anything else that involves there being the same area names between the two games (as in you'll see spawning in BG2 areas that were meant for BG1 areas with the same name).
    There are 2 ways to add BG:EE mod compatibility for EET, if you're interested:
    1. Allow mod to be installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE - no changes needed in your mod since it will be converted on the fly (I will just need to add mini patch during EET installation to allow importing reputation related 2da files since these are normally skipped)

2. Or you could use cpmvars variables like BG1 NPC Project and other mods with multi-platform support do to reference conflicting resources. This step also don't require work on your part since I can generate patch that adds them automatically (with tool created for this purpose). Just few minutes is needed to add missing EVALUATE_BUFFER into 2da file. Here is already patched code in case you prefer to add native support: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35433122/k9RoughWorld_patch.zip
    It should be extracted on top of the mod and replace files. All changes are listed in Changes.txt file. With this patch mod will support both BG:EE and EET at the same time.
    btw. this patch technically also adds compatibility with BGT and Tutu (if you include cpmvars for those platforms) but keep in mind that some components would not work in vanilla engine (legacy of bhaal tweaks, maybe some others)

@elminster, are you planning to include this mod into Eve of War or these components will be always in separate package? If the former than the option 1 seems like a good enough solution due to size of that project. If latter than I think option 2 would be better although it would require referencing conflicting resources with variables from now on, so it's less convenient from modder's perspective.

edit: as for chapter numbers there are no changes compared to BG:EE and SoD. It's BG2:EE chapter numbers that had to be changed.
    This mod will be available for download with the Eve of War mod.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited January 2017
    ok, if that's the case than I've enabled support for this mod when installed on BG:EE, so nothing need to be changed on your side. One request - please let me know via PM if any of following component numbers will be changed in future:

Install New Reputation Names Component - #4
    Install Reputation Rebalanced Component - #5
    Install Fixed Insane Difficulty - #7
    Only Autosaves - #8
    btw. you can use DESIGNATED weidu command to assign component numbers printed in weidu.log.

I think changing "Fixed Insane Difficulty" name to something else may be a good idea considering it's not really a fix and people that don't read readme files may install it just based on this name. How about "Legacy of Bhaal turned into forced Insane difficulty" or something like that?

edit: there is also a way to diable difficulity change when player chooses Insane via simple UI.MENU tweak instead of disabling whole Legacy of Bhaal difficulty via patching all creatures - this seems like a bit extreme solution.

edit2: looks like you forgot to patch SODREPUT.2DA (it replaces REPUTATI.2DA during SoD campaign in vanilla SoD installation)
    elminster
    swit said:

ok, if that's the case than I've enabled support for this mod when installed on BG:EE. One request - please let me know via PM if any of following component numbers will be changed in future:

Install New Reputation Names Component - #4
    Install Reputation Rebalanced Component - #5
    Install Fixed Insane Difficulty - #7
    Only Autosaves - #8
    I have no plans to change these.
  • Alesh91Alesh91 Member Posts: 26
    Is the mod compatible with SoD?

Do you have a list of creatures added for the Scaled Spawning component?
    edited June 2017
    Yes. But some of its components won't apply to it.

No. However, everything that is added is generally something that already exists in the game. The exceptions to that (from what I recall) are small spiders and a shambling mound.
    lolien
  • Alesh91Alesh91 Member Posts: 26
    Thanks. I was worried I'd be facing a lot of extremely powerful creatures. I'll include the mod in my next playthrough though I think I will only use the new encounters and Chapter 7 city travel changes.
    elminster
  • ThalamondThalamond Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2017
    I don't know if you are aware of this, but Dorn also falls as a blackguard when killing innocents with
    Innocence Re-Conceived Component (BGEE Original Campaign Only) part of the mod turned on - needless to say I uninstalled that part. Otherwise everything seems to work great.

I really love the effects of the reputation changes on an evil aligned party. In vanilla, evil parties are punished in a highly unrealistic and simple-minded way while in your mod, the whole nature of evil power is rewarded with a double-edged sword. One thing I would like to see, though, is either you or someone else make a mod changing how generic bounty hunters work. At the moment it feels laughable to see a weakling with a bow and leather armor try to take on my lvl 9 fully geared party and even claiming "I am good at what I do". Perhaps someone can make a change here like making tougher bounty hunters appear if you are high lvl and/or have the lowest amount of reputation (i.e. sadist 1-2). Another idea would be to spawn them in groups. I'm not necessarily asking for a real challenge here, I just want the bounty hunters to actually live up to their "good at what I do" claim. If they are so good at it, why do they so terribly misjudge their own abilities and turn up in level 1 gear against level 9 parties.
    Yea Dorn shouldn't be falling there. I probably just didn't include the blackguard in the script that uses. So I'll look into that when I can (probably sometime this weekend)
    Thalamond
    @elminster Sounds great. How about my suggestion on the bounty hunter npcs?
    edited September 2017
    It's a sensible idea but at this point the mod is feature complete as far as I'm concerned. I'm now spending what little mod time I have on Eve of War.
    RaduzielThalamondlolien
    Makes sense!
    edited July 2018
    With SHS being down I'm making this available as well for people to download at this link.

Post edited by elminster on
    lolien
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Is this compatible with 2.5?
    I can't think of anything in the mod that would conflict with 2.5. But it hasn't been tested in it yet. If anyone does encounter any issues let me know.
  • SirickSirick Member Posts: 92
    I love more challenging gameplay, and so love this mod.

I was wondering if you may have considered implementing something like a sleeping limit?
    I've always found it kind of silly that I can just ignore temple services and pretty much heal my whole party for just a small amount of gold. But perhaps some kind of cap on sleeping (perhaps a timer before you can sleep again after you reach a certain amount of hours?) would push players to use those more expensive healing and recovery alternatives. Would certainly change my play style, and make a nice sink for the mountains of gold my party acquires.

There may be a mod out there that already does something similar, but I don't recall ever seeing or using such.
    Ludwig_II
    @Sirick it's an interesting idea but not one I'm pursuing at the moment.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @elminster
    How EET compatible is this mod? Also, may we get this mod on the SHS GitHub for better visibility?

Thankee!
    No clue. Sure I guess.
    tl1942
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited October 2020
    Only finding this now after a massive, two-day odyssey installing EET + a selection of mods in just the right order on a fresh install.

I'd *love* to give this a try... Would it work on an existing save, if I uninstall EET End, install this mod, then reinstall EET End? Everything is working perfectly for me now, so I'm kind of scared to tempt fate...

EDIT: What if I just tried the reputation-altering components? I'm pretty sure no other mod I've installed alters this, so there should be no conflicts....

Would this work on a current save or do I have to start a new game?
    Post edited by tl1942 on
    edited October 2020
    I feel like I got rid of the reputation altering component because it had a conflict with blackguards...

I may add it back in whenever I finish up Eve of War. But its not something on my radar at the moment.

I wouldn't recommend installing it on an existing save.
    Timbo0o0o0