So, Skie. Is she . . .

Bhaalspawn?

Because . . .

When she turned into the Slayer I cast Detect Evil and she was evil

And if she is . . .

Bhaalspawn

That means that . . .

Entar Silvershield isn't her father

So at my trial I should be able to say . . .

Quit crying Duke. She wasn't even yours. Your wife Brilla cuckolded you with the Lord of Murder.

Which probably wouldn't have helped my case but would have been sort of satisfying.
Artonaprofanitywarningtbone1MirandelrorikonAerakarUnderstandMouseMagic

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

So, Skie. Is she . . .

Bhaalspawn?

Because . . .

When she turned into the Slayer I cast Detect Evil and she was evil

And if she is . . .

Bhaalspawn

That means that . . .

Entar Silvershield isn't her father

So at my trial I should be able to say . . .

Quit crying Duke. She wasn't even yours. Your wife Brilla cuckolded you with the Lord of Murder.

Which probably wouldn't have helped my case but would have been sort of satisfying.
    There is much more evidence/hints throughout SoD that your assumption is correct. Just think of how you first meet her outside of the camp where she has singlehandedly (and nearly unarmed) killed a couple of (well armed and experienced) soldiers on some thin excuse...The hooded man claims he is evaluating several possibilities, doesn't he? etc...
    Permidion_Starktbone1AerakarBleriot
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Is this a mere oversight from the developpers or is it possible to change the alignment in an illusion so it would have been I. who made her seem like a real slayer?
    Zaghoul
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    It's an interesting dialogue idea for a paladin PC or a mage (who might try a dispell of some kind), though. "Whoever caused the illusion was even able to make it seem real in every way." (Not that anyone would listen at the end of SoD, mind.)
    Permidion_Stark
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    jastey said:

It's an interesting dialogue idea for a paladin PC or a mage (who might try a dispell of some kind), though. "Whoever caused the illusion was even able to make it seem real in every way." (Not that anyone would listen at the end of SoD, mind.)

Thinking about it, someone in my party was wearing the Clasp of Helm which allows you to Detect Illusion once per day, so I might go back and see if it is possible to detect whether the Slayer is an illusion or not.
    I went back wearing the Clasp of Helm and cast Detect Illusion but it didn't do anything. So whilst it is an illusion the game doesn't know it is an illusion. I guess it is one of those spells that only Irenicus can cast (like Create Sewage Golem).
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    It took a quite a while running around avoiding it before the game finally went to the next scene with the hooded man stabbing Skie himself, a minute or more it seemed like.
    JuliusBorisov
    My paladin had a -10 armour class when she bumped into it so she didn't even have to run around; she just stood there (the game text said something like I had just got into my bedroll when it appeared so apparently I sleep in full armour and take my shield to bed). The thing is billed as an 'Unknowable Horror' rather than a 'Slayer'.

I wonder how Irenicus knows what the Slayer form will look like?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881

Bhaal used to roam around in Slayer form and it's apparently well documented. Imoen recognizes it immediately in Spellhold.
    Permidion_StarkThacoBellleeux
    edited September 2017
    Kurona said:

Bhaal used to roam around in Slayer form and it's apparently well documented. Imoen recognizes it immediately in Spellhold.
    Cool. I never noticed that she said that.

If he wandered round looking like that it makes you wonder how he managed to get laid so often?
    leeux
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2017
    It's just after your forced transformation against Bodhi in the Maze, specifically when you revert to normal. Imoen's reaction has priority but other people (like Jaheira) also recognize the Slayer on sight and will comment on it if Imoen isn't in the party at the time. Aerie is the one mentioning reading about it texts though.
    Permidion_Stark
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    jastey said:

Is this a mere oversight from the developpers or is it possible to change the alignment in an illusion so it would have been I. who made her seem like a real slayer?

There was an old 3rd lvl illusionist spell in 1st edition AD&D called Delude, it allowed him to exchange his alignment with the target's alignment. The targets alignment stayed the same but with a little spell research and making it a little higher spell, I'm sure a high lvl dude like Big I could make it be a total switch.

Anyways, a spell that would alter a caster's alignment for a time might be of use in the BG series.
    leeux
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Permidion_Stark
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @chimaera It very easily could be. The main point is that Skie does not literally transform.
    edited September 2017
    chimaera said:

I don't remember the details of that cutscene, but how do we know it's an illusion put on Skie, and not an enchantment put on charname? E.g. charname is hallucinating her being the slayer?

I was wearing the Helm of Unwavering Purpose so I was immune to Confusion.

And if it was an enchantment wouldn't the circle under the charname have turned red? (I think the circle under the Unknowable Horror was yellow but I may be misremembering that.)

Edit: I went back and checked and both the Charname and the Unknowable Horror have yellow circles under them. So maybe they are both part of the same nightmare?
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
    edited September 2017

There is much more evidence/hints throughout SoD that your assumption is correct. Just think of how you first meet her outside of the camp where she has singlehandedly (and nearly unarmed) killed a couple of (well armed and experienced) soldiers on some thin excuse...The hooded man claims he is evaluating several possibilities, doesn't he? etc...

I've just remembered, there is also a moment (I think in the camp in the Troll Claw Woods?) where Bence Duncan gives Skie an order and she punches him out, felling him with a single blow, before flouncing back into her tent. Which is pretty impressive for a Thief with STR 11. It might also make you think that Bence himself would be happy to see her dead?

• Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476

Kurona said:

The IFC hereby demotes you to "casual fan."

SHAME...SHAME...SHAME...
    Permidion_Starkleeux
    Mush_Mush said:

Kurona said:

The IFC hereby demotes you to "casual fan."

SHAME...SHAME...SHAME...
    I'm so ashamed. I would like to apologize for any embarrassment I have caused to other members of the IFC. I hereby resign from my position as Un-elected President For Life. I am not fit to hold such high office.
    Mush_Mush
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    It's pretty trivial to chug a potion of invisibility and wait for Irenicus to step in, instead of running away.
    I've just realised something. Skie can't be . . .

Bhaalspawn

because . . .

she doesn't disintegrate when the Hooded Man kills her.
    I'm starting to think that everyone is Bhaalspawn. Maybe even Irenicus is Bhaalspawn and he just hasn't realised it yet?
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Ah, famed Permidion Stark. So he is not only true lord of Winterfell, but also spawn of Bhaal?
    ;)
    Permidion_Stark
    Damn! And I never thought anyone would see through my cunning disguise.

AerakarJuliusBorisov