Skip to content

Helm of Balduran: Please help, broken quest.

Hello.
I think I broke this quest - help required.
I found Vail before talking to Degrodel, and used a Stone to Flesh scroll on him - Vail simply thanked me and left. I found Degrodel later and he gave me the Helm of Balduran quest, but now Vail is nowhere to be found.
I found by reading in a post that Quenash has not only the Cloak of Balduran but also the clue to where the Helmet is: at the Helm and Cloak inn. However, here are the problems:
1) As Vail merely said 'thank you' when I freed him before talking to Degrodel, Quenash dismisses me every time I try to talk to her. Can this be changed somehow to make her talk to me?
2) I have visited the Helm and Cloak inn looking for the Helm of Balduran, but there are a couple guards on the second floor who won't let me pass to keep searching. Is this affected by the quest at all, or will the guards leave eventually?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DrakumDrakum Member Posts: 11
    Tresset said:

Perhaps you could get it from her somehow... maybe pick her pocket..

Thanks a lot for this. I did pick her pockets. Now I have the cloak! :smile:

I will complete a couple morw sidequests and try the guards later.

Much appreciated!
    JuliusBorisovAerakarZaghoul
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    edited September 2017
    There are two "second floors" in the Helm and Cloak.
    To get the helm you need to go to the second staircase past the bar and you should find the upstairs empty.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    [Deleted User]ThacoBell
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited September 2017
    @UnderstandMouseMagic I added a spoiler. Just in case...
    JuliusBorisov
  • DrakumDrakum Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2017
    @Tresset @UnderstandMouseMagic Thanks guys. No spoiler at all. I went to the Helm and Cloak right after picking up the cloak, then went to pay Degrodel a visit, gave him the helm, killed him and his doom knights (cloud giant strength potions are extreme!) and got the helm back. Happy days!
    JuliusBorisov
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Tresset said:

@UnderstandMouseMagic I added a spoiler. Just in case...

Thanks, didn't think to. :)
    JuliusBorisov