Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition iOS Patch 2.4 is Here, Full Notes available

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited September 2017 in Archived News
Full patch notes are here

Let us know what you think about them.

The wait is finally over!
lefreutproccoStummvonBordwehrDoubledimasAedanVixentArnebspacejawsPibaroAdul

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    @JuliusBorisov - do we know when Steam/Beamdog Client (PC) versions of the games will be patched?
    JuliusBorisov
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Okay, what does Vegas say is the over/under on the time before the Android whinge-fest starts?
    StummvonBordwehrChet
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Cool!
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Out of curiosity, if I start playing on iOS and do things that are acheivement worthy, then transfer the save to the Steam version, will I get the achievements?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Steam achievements in general don't work like that - it's watching for the moment of action, not just a record of it.
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    @JuliusBorisov

Is extremely confusing that you list all changes from 2.0 do 2.4 in the 2.4 patch notes.

Are you able to say what will change to a 2.3 PC player after updating to 2.4 (when the patch will be released for PCs)?
    ParysFaalagorn
  • FaalagornFaalagorn Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2017
    Hadar said:

@JuliusBorisov

Is extremely confusing that you list all changes from 2.0 do 2.4 in the 2.4 patch notes.

Are you able to say what will change to a 2.3 PC player after updating to 2.4 (when the patch will be released for PCs)?

I agree, but I think it's by design, as the patch notes here are exclusively for iOS and they got a huge jump from the pre 2 to 2.4 already plus it features some fixes only affecting iOS version. I suspect that by the desktop version release, the 2.4 patch notes will be updated in here.

You can view all the patches from public part of Redmine for 2.4.71.5, though. Take a look at generic 2.4 and Next Update as well. Unfortuantely only developers can see the internal reports :(
  • lvdisturbed1lvdisturbed1 Member Posts: 20
    tbone1 said:

Okay, what does Vegas say is the over/under on the time before the Android whinge-fest starts?

I'll start it now. Where is the Android update? Considering it has been almost 2 years since last update for mobile, I think the decent thing to do would be to wait until both mobile platforms were done and release concurrently. I usually hate asking for ETAs, but c'mon Beamdog. Will Android get it before 2018? Or have you finally decided to abandon the platform altogether?

And yes, I'm salty AF.
    DawgliciousChet
  • FaalagornFaalagorn Member Posts: 12
    I couldn't update my post for some reason, so posting as a follow up to my previous post for completeness. There's a big clean up in Redmine now, but so far it seems that generic 2.4 version if for Infinity Engine Public Bugs, 2.4.71.0 is for BGII:EE, 2.4.71.4 for BG:EE, 2.4.71.5 for IWD:EE while Next Update is for yet uncategorized bugs from old bug reports (may contain things already fixed before).
  • lvdisturbed1lvdisturbed1 Member Posts: 20

@lvdisturbed1 it may not seem fair to Android customers after waiting two years, but this patch is even more important for iOS customers - as of last week, anyone taking an iOS update would no longer be able to play the game, anyone upgrading to a new iPhone or iPad would lose their ability to play the game, and the game was withdrawn from the App Store by Apple, until such time as it became a 64-bit app. This approach is entirely being forced by Apple, and if gives you any solace, I fully expect my platform, macOS through the App Store, to be scheduled even after Android.

I wonder if Google's policies were as draconian as Apple's, if Beamdog would have afforded Android the same prioritization. I have my doubts. I am surprised with the lack of updates to the macOS app store though. However, at least macOS has alternative distributions in which to download and purchase the games which are updated. Android has no such alternative, so no solace gained.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited October 2017
    Hadar said:

@JuliusBorisov

The patch notes here are for the iOS devices, - so they fully correspond to the actual changes if compared to the previous version on these devices (1.3). When the PC version 2.4 is released, the patch notes will cover changes from 2.3.67 to 2.4, but right now it's difficult to give exact details (of what will be changed). Suggestions by Faalagorn to look at Redmine can be a good start (to understand what the patch is about).

We understand the "salty AF" opinions, but Android updates ARE coming, as 2.4 for all the platforms is the next target.
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • Abby_ZeroAbby_Zero Member Posts: 68
    I love you Beamdog! <3
    ronaldololien