Skip to content

Item prices

Hi everyone!
As I am a BIG lootwhore and I usually end up taking everything that is not nailed down, I've stubled upon a problem, which I could not find an aswer for even on the almighty web. That problem is not being able to price some items correctly. For example: does a mace cost more than a longsword? Does a scroll of magic missile cost less that that of an identify? Such question are haunting me constantly as I am trying to decide what to keep and what to throw away. Would appreciate any help, especially in a form of a table of items with their respective prices.
Thanks to all! =)
P.S. Playing SoD as of now, if it is of any difference to the discussed topic.

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You can find some gem prices here, but there are so many different items in the game (hundreds, I think) that I don't think anybody has bothered to create a list of item prices. For me, the fastest way to find prices is to use Near Infinity.

Mage scrolls of the same level are almost always the same price. So a Magic Missile scroll will have the same price as an Identify scroll, and an Improved Mantle scroll will have the same price as a Power Word: Blind scroll. But there are a few examples, like Fireball, Haste, Protection from Normal Missiles, and Stoneskin, where the price is higher than others of the same level.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Some complications you're going to run into is that different stores have different markups for buying and selling; prices depend on your reputation and charisma; and that shops will start to pay less for items if they have a lot of what you're selling.

The only way you're going to see a "true" price on an item is, as @semiticgod suggests, with an editor.
    semiticgoddess
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    Thank you all for your answers. Editor it is, then =)
    So, I've gotten my hands on Near Infinity, and made it run. In the "ITM" branch I've found all of the items' description and *YEEEY* item prices, but there is one problem though. As of now, all items are listed at the left panel and in order to see item description, I have to click on each of the item separately. And I want a table of items in form of a spreadsheet, so that I can see them en masse. So, is there any way to export this item list as I want, or not?
    Please, help.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    There's not a direct way to do it, no, but there's an indirect way. Pull up an item and go to the edit tab and select the field with the price. Click the 'Find' button and 'selected attribute'. In the resultant dialogue, pick some super high price like 999,999 and the 'less than' button and hit 'Search'. This should get you a result of all of the items and their prices. This search result can be saved as a text file, which you should then be able to import into something like Excel.

One more complication, because of course there is, is that some items can not be sold regardless of their price. Items with the 'Critical Item' flag, among other special properties, can't be sold except to special shops; IWD's Gerth is the only one in the EE series that buys such items.
    Grond0NoonPermidion_Starksemiticgoddess
    @CamDawg Thanks a lot for the advice! =)