Skip to content

Places you think there should be something . . . but there isn't.

So, in your travels along the Sword Coast have you ever happened on a spot where you think to yourself, "I'm sure there should be something here?"

It happened to me on the wilderness map just north of Nashkel (AR4300)

I'm convinced there should be a cave between where me and Imoen are standing. I can see the opening. It is so frustrating that I can't get in because I feel sure that there are thrilling adventures and wonderful treasures to be found in there.

dunbarlefreutronaldoUnderstandMouseMagictbone1ThacoBellZaghoul[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovlolien

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Yup. Back in the years BT (Before Tab) there were a few places that I would persistently hover my cursor over, convinced that there absolutely had to be something there - and your example is one of them.
    Permidion_StarkJuliusBorisovO_Bruce
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @ajwz
    I've always wondered about the stone circles outside Candlekeep as well. What are they for?

Does Sarevok choose this very spot for a reason?
    ajwzJuliusBorisov
  • outofdaboxoutofdabox Member Posts: 18
    @Permidion_Stark the stones remind of the weird rock
    formations in game of thrones, maybe there is something hidden behind these patterns ;) .

On topic this cave from Rassad's quest in cloud peak annoys the hell out of me, I want to know what is inside.

Permidion_Starktbone1ThacoBellJuliusBorisov

@Permidion_Stark the stones remind of the weird rock
    formations in game of thrones, maybe there is something hidden behind these patterns ;) .

On topic this cave from Rassad's quest in cloud peak annoys the hell out of me, I want to know what is inside.

I've never done that quest. And maybe I'd better not. I think not being able to go in there would drive me insane.
    outofdabox
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @PaulaMigrate The more I hear you talk about EET and its specific mods, the more I want to try a BWS. Since I'm on a Mac, I'll have to fiddle about installs quite a bit, but I'll try anyway at some point. I just want to experience a big install that makes the vanilla games pale in comparison, thanks to you ! :p
    Kurona
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Arctodus said:

@PaulaMigrate The more I hear you talk about EET and its specific mods, the more I want to try a BWS. Since I'm on a Mac, I'll have to fiddle about installs quite a bit, but I'll try anyway at some point. I just want to experience a big install that makes the vanilla games pale in comparison, thanks to you ! :p

At this moment it's better to wait a few days. G3 and Spellhold forums are down and a lot of mods are hosted there. Normally they come back up after a few days, it always takes a bit to restore their database.

Each time they fail, I hope that modders rather put the downloads on to something like github and just use forums to provide the links and serve for discussion.
    StummvonBordwehrArctodusThacoBell
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Not in BG but TOB.

In the basement of Kiser Jhaeri's house where you rescue Ardic. The dialog says you open a secret door but the door kind of opens before you realise and Ardic is standing in a long corridor after the fight. The thing is the corridor goes right round the basement but leads nowhere. Always thought (still do) that there should be some proper secret room at the end of that passageway.
    Permidion_StarkThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

So, in your travels along the Sword Coast have you ever happened on a spot where you think to yourself, "I'm sure there should be something here?"

It happened to me on the wilderness map just north of Nashkel (AR4300)

I'm convinced there should be a cave between where me and Imoen are standing. I can see the opening. It is so frustrating that I can't get in because I feel sure that there are thrilling adventures and wonderful treasures to be found in there.

For that you might like The Stone of Askavar mod. ;)
    Zaghoul said:

For that you might like The Stone of Askavar mod. ;)

I'm using a Mac at the moment and to be honest I can't work out how to do anything on it. So far I haven't managed to install any of the mods I've downloaded. If I could afford it I would buy myself a PC just to play Baldur's Gate.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited September 2017
    Yup. I really like the Sirine's call and the extended lighthouse mod. Not a large mod but really adds character to the lighthouse.
    Some of the best mods I enjoy used existing areas, NPC's, or a combination of the two, and build upon them, like Tenya.
    Same with previously unused quest items that don't have much use. Always make the game come alive when I see these things. B)
    Permidion_Stark
    dunbar said:

Yup. Back in the years BT (Before Tab) there were a few places that I would persistently hover my cursor over, convinced that there absolutely had to be something there - and your example is one of them.

You wouldn't believe how long I used to spend in Beregost trying to find the doorway of the few houses you can't get into. I would endlessly move the cursor over them convinced that if I could just hit the right spot the entrance would appear. It really bothered me that I couldn't get into them even though the chances were that all they would contain would be a Commoner, a locked chest containing a silver necklace, and a Sleeping Dwarf.
    dunbarUnderstandMouseMagicThacoBell
    @Permidion_Stark

You wouldn't believe how long I used to spend in Beregost trying to find the doorway of the few houses you can't get into. I would endlessly move the cursor over them convinced that if I could just hit the right spot the entrance would appear. It really bothered me that I couldn't get into them even though the chances were that all they would contain would be a Commoner, a locked chest containing a silver necklace, and a Sleeping Dwarf.

Reading a walkthrough guide some time back there was a warning that a house in BG itself led "nowhere". There had been a mistake and nothing coded for it so if you entered the game crashed.

Always thought they should have left it, teach all us obssesives a lesson. Plus I like the idea that actually there are real rabbit holes you can fall down. Kind of magical.
    Permidion_Stark
  • Cabal82Cabal82 Member Posts: 76
    edited October 2017

@Permidion_Stark

Reading a walkthrough guide some time back there was a warning that a house in BG itself led "nowhere". There had been a mistake and nothing coded for it so if you entered the game crashed.

Always thought they should have left it, teach all us obssesives a lesson. Plus I like the idea that actually there are real rabbit holes you can fall down. Kind of magical.

Which house was that? I have played BG from the good old days when it was brand new, and I have never found this one! Talking about obssesions- i MUST enter every house in every gameplay - well its Imoen, not me of course... ehm...
    tbone1Permidion_Starkdunbar
    Cabal82 said:

@Permidion_Stark

Which house was that? I have played BG from the good old days when it was brand new, and I have never found this one! Talking about obssesions- i MUST enter every house in every gameplay - well its Imoen, not me of course... ehm...
    Here's a link to the guide where it says this.

12- WARNING: ENTERING THIS HOUSE WILL CRASH YOUR GAME:

The guys at Bioware forgot to put an interior for this house and when you access it the game crashes. If anybody knows of a way to fix this problem, please drop us a line. Thanks in advance.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/walkthroughbgee/baldursgatecentral.php

I think it must be fixed by now as never found it.
  • madmangonemadmadmangonemad Member Posts: 5
    My Heart.
    Permidion_Starktbone1Zilberlolien
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    It's been fixed, AFAIK.