Skip to content

September Roundup

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Hello, everyone!

We have continued to share with fans what Beamdog are up to, and published a new blog entry about recent news.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/10/september-roundup-patches-conventions.html

Find the recent information on an estimated jump to 2.5 for all platforms and all stores on both desktop and mobile, an upcoming open beta, and more.

If you’re ever having trouble filing a bug, just drop me a note and I’ll create a report for you.

As always, let us know what you think about this series of updates!
_Luke_lefreutAdulronaldoArctodusThacoBellDoubledimas[Deleted User]lolienSssiksseilorkanisathamlneveseAerakar

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited October 2017
    Will there be some UI changes with this (2.5) update? I mean, there are lots of interesting concepts/ideas here: https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/ui-discussion-and-workshop
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No exact details about bugs and features can be disclosed right now. As for that forum section -
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/807688/#Comment_807688
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Thanks for the heads up. Still it would be nice to have at least a rough idea of how long we have to wait before 2.5 (and the Steam achievements for IWD-EE in particular). Are we talking days, weeks or months?
    JuliusBorisovMERLANCE
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Altair said:

Thanks for the heads up. Still it would be nice to have at least a rough idea of how long we have to wait before 2.5 (and the Steam achievements for IWD-EE in particular). Are we talking days, weeks or months?

If all three 2.5 patches receive open betas, we'll be looking at months to say the least. But I would welcome a new open beta.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100

If all three 2.5 patches receive open betas, we'll be looking at months to say the least. But I would welcome a new open beta.

This is the worst idea you could possibly come up with. Don't do this.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    zenblack said:

This is the worst idea you could possibly come up with. Don't do this.
    Why do you think so?
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    edited October 2017
    Because, contrary to what you might think, open beta's do not mean that issues get fixed, or requests are implemented that help the player. All it does is add time to the dev cycle where there are plenty of things to fix and plenty of feature requests that would have their time better used coding what they know they can implement.

You might as well say "We don't want to release anything for 6 months, this is just our excuse why."

It doesn't help that at least one of the games is literally a full version behind the rest and it is the easiest to bring up to spec since it doesn't require continuity with the other 2.

There are literally years worth of feedback. If you don't have any QA and that is your reasoning, just state it, dont hide behind an Open Beta as something that benefits the consumer.
    MERLANCE
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited October 2017
    @zenblack what are you basing this on? Beamdog has done an open beta prior to this and I clearly recall it being absolutely nothing at all like what you describe.
    AedanronaldoDoubledimasThacoBell
    The blog entry is now updated with the links for all the patch notes.

Get the full list of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition patch notes here!

Get the full list of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition patch notes here!

Get the full list of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition patch notes here!
    lolien
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Yet again android users have to wait. Seriously just admit it that's android OS is abandonware now.

Waiting for some pointless generic response like "soon"
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 107
    Wesboi said:

Yet again android users have to wait. Seriously just admit it that's android OS is abandonware now.

Waiting for some pointless generic response like "soon"

Beamdog has replied consistently regarding the Android update, which is that it will be part of the 2.5 roll out. It may be day one of the roll out with PC/Mac, or it may be after. My money is on after. And if Android is part of the day one roll out, then it's likely the roll out for all operating systems was delayed to update Android. Without knowing Beamdog's sales breakdown, I would bet PC/Mac makes up the most of it, so getting patches to those users makes the most financial sense.

It sucks, but as annoyed as I am with the time between patches, I still don't think it's fair to accuse Beamdog of selling abandonware. Clearly they're working on it, but I think at this point it's obvious the EEs have been a bit more work than originally anticipated.

This is coming from someone who held off on an Icewind Dale playthrough because I thought the 2.X patch for PC would be just behind the BG 2.X patches, so I share some of your misery with the delayed patches. (And by the time I realized it wasn't coming, I just didn't have free time to pick it up until relatively recently.)
    tbone1GreenWarlockMERLANCElolien
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    edited October 2017
    Best way to look at sales data on android is reviews. Which u have to own the product to review since the google+ integration. (Minimum based sales number as not everyone leaves reviews)

Having the product via 3rd party (humble bundle for example) won't count on ownership via Google. So it's pretty accurate compared to steamspy.