Skip to content

Favorite *minor* NPCs?

2»

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    There's quite a few for me, Mr. Shade was already mentioned in here, but I have to just say, his verbal ping pong really got me! loved the hell out of it.

In SoD, the bear in Adoy's enclave made me giggle, I love setting it free to massacre the goblins... until they put the poor thing down of course.

Rumar's wife, I don't remember her name, was able to get through to the backrooms by just yelling at a guard, which I found kind of awesome

And Thalantyr, if he even counts. I feel like that's a super bad ass NPC right there. "I wish you intelligence, because luck runs out." So perfect.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Xavioria said:

There's quite a few for me, Mr. Shade was already mentioned in here, but I have to just say, his verbal ping pong really got me! loved the hell out of it.

In SoD, the bear in Adoy's enclave made me giggle, I love setting it free to massacre the goblins... until they put the poor thing down of course.

Rumar's wife, I don't remember her name, was able to get through to the backrooms by just yelling at a guard, which I found kind of awesome

And Thalantyr, if he even counts. I feel like that's a super bad ass NPC right there. "I wish you intelligence, because luck runs out." So perfect.

I never miss Rumar's wife and the whole episode, especially since the outcome seems to be random. Evil me just sets her on the right trail and watches what happens.

Thalantyr is hard to figure out, in a modded game he is a central figure used by a significant number of mods that add to him. Either he sells you additional items you need for quests or he has information you need. There is also a mod that lets him upgrade things like the smith in BG2.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2017
    Alatos "Ravenscar" Thuibuld. Not an easy character to write dialogue for either.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    elminster said:

Alatos "Ravenscar" Thuibuld. Not an easy character to write dialogue for either.

I think it would be nice to tie him in more, quest wise, with the guy he murdered and that ended up as a revenant hunting the dagger Alatos used to do it with.
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Great thread, there are so many. I love when a random minor character comes along with some great dialogue or a reference.

Narcillicus Harwilliger Neen - "Come jellies, let us make our mark upon the world!"

Mick Feelie - "Speedy delivery! Speedy delivery coming through!"

The mines guard whose wife complains about his job taking the "starch out of his maypole."