Skip to content

Skie and Quayle mods available for BG2EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
edited March 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi! Just updated two of my really OLD mods. Well...they're not really amazing, but thought that I will make them work on BG2EE. Here are the links:
Skie: [edited] - I no longer support this mod. Try this one instead: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/68711/mod-skie-the-cost-of-one-girls-soul/p1

Quayle: https://downloads.weaselmods.net/download/quayle-bg2/

Cheers!
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
GodKaiserHellMusignyDreamingVikssmeagolheartAstroBryGuyJuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteenThacoBellCaszidy

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    edited October 2017
    I know these two are really old and... well, not the best of my mods, but I thought I would let you know that I updated Quayle as there was quite a nasty bug in there, that wouldn't let you keep Aerie. Now you can just decide if you want to adventure with Quayle or Aerie.
    More details here.

And Skie... well, I am not sure if I'll update the mod, because the NPC is really incompatibile with SoD's story so... yeah. I would need to rewrite more than just few sentences.
    JuliusBorisovContemplative_Hamster
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    As for Skie
    There is a feature in EET, but just EET because it's via the Sandrah mod, that brings back Skie. Of course it would mean that her appearance by your mod would only make sense after her ressurection which only happens after you collected the money for Brynlaw. And then, one would at least expect some lines from her about what has happened in SoD. Or you develop a similar idea about her return for BG2EE. I always liked the mod but of course it would break any role playing to have her appear in BG2 just like that.
    Need to say that the Sandrah mod just restores Skie to make the party's return to BG City possible. There is no contents for the resurrected Skie in that mod, she just goes home to report back to daddy.
    tbone1Kusel
    Sorry, but if I ever decide to make Skie work fine with EEs and SoD story, I won't look at what Sandrah mod does with the character as most probably know that I'm not a fan of Sandrah Saga and what it does with the game(s).
    tbone1megamike15
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

And Skie... well, I am not sure if I'll update the mod, because the NPC is really incompatibile with SoD's story so... yeah. I would need to rewrite more than just few sentences.

I know this is a bit random, but I just wanted to say that there are still some of us who don't use SoD, so your original Skie mod is still very much appreciated. B)
    Still remember that my old Skie is sooooo much worse (quality-wise) than my new Skie mod. And you don't need SoD to enjoy it, you can read about what happened in SoD :) Old Skie was my very first mod and I think dialogues are... well... not the best ones, hah.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

And you don't need SoD to enjoy it, you can read about what happened in SoD :)

I should clarify, some of us don't even want to acknowledge what happened in SoD. :wink:
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

And you don't need SoD to enjoy it, you can read about what happened in SoD :)

I should clarify, some of us don't even want to acknowledge what happened in SoD. :wink:
    Shame, its my second favorite part of the series.
    Brokenkatanamegamike15ronaldoBallpointMan
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i disagree. sod does work as a transition to bg2 and helps make the change in tone less jarring.
    ronaldoThacoBellBallpointMan
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited October 2019
    Any chance of a revamp of the skie mod, someday? I would be very much interested about it.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    that mod is now pretty much replaced thanks to price of one girls soul.
    LavaDelVortel