Skip to content

Magic Item Recharging

I've seen references to there being a trick that allows one to recharge a Wand or other magic items with charges, but I don't know how this is done. Can anyone explain how this works please? Also, does this work in all expansions or only BG EE?

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2017
    It's not really a trick as such. Basically you just take the item to a store when it still has at least one charge left and sell it to the merchant. You can then buy it back fully charged (but it will cost you a considerable amount of GP).

Make sure you don't use up all the charges in an item you want to recharge as it will disappear from your inventory if you use up the last charge. Also, you can only do this at stores that deal in magic items. Certain merchants won't buy wands and amulets from you.
  • Drago_DarkstormDrago_Darkstorm Member Posts: 18

It's not really a trick as such. Basically you just take the item to a store when it still has at least one charge left and sell it to the merchant. You can then buy it back fully charged (but it will cost you a considerable amount of GP).

Make sure you don't use up all the charges in an item you want to recharge as it will disappear from your inventory if you use up the last charge. Also, you can only do this at stores that deal in magic items. Certain merchants won't buy wands and amulets from you.

I see. That will help with the more helpful wands and staves like Wand of the Heavens and Wand of Paralyzation. Thanks for the information!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    You can also steal the wand back and get it recharged for free, though some people don't like to do that because they view it as cheesy. Though there's nothing wrong with buying the wand back. If nothing else, it gives you an excuse to spend your fortune.