Skip to content

Help me please, Game continue crashing after first dialog with imoen

XalegionXalegion Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Troubleshooting
Hey, i bought BG2:EE in december 2013 and i played it for 2 hours... now i just dowloaded for the second time this game and it keep crashing at first dialogue.. why? how can i fix it?
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Do you have any mods installed? If so, I would try to uninstall them to see if the game works without them.
  • rojayrojay Member Posts: 20
    Have just had the same problem. No mods installed, and have re-installed once. I'm on a 2014 Macbook Pro, using the current OS. I've played through the game so many times, and have purchased it more than once, that it's hard to remember whether I actually played through BGII EE, but I believe I did so in advance of the expansion, and on this computer. I've done a search through Google and on this forum, but did not see any explanation for the issue. I'll report back if the latest re-install fixes things, but in the interim, if anyone has an idea, I'd appreciate advice.
  • rojayrojay Member Posts: 20
    Oh, and I've also tried launching the game through the "Launcher" as well as directly from the icon within my "game data" folder, to the extent that makes a difference. Hell of it is that on my last attempt, I rolled a 93 for ability points. Would have been a nice start... ;)
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    In your documents location, find baldur's gate ii - enhanced edition. It's probably an alias when it should be a folder.

Rename or delete it, create a new folder and try launching the game again.
    JuliusBorisov