Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Help me please, Game continue crashing after first dialog with imoen

XalegionXalegion Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Troubleshooting
Hey, i bought BG2:EE in december 2013 and i played it for 2 hours... now i just dowloaded for the second time this game and it keep crashing at first dialogue.. why? how can i fix it?

Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 7,740
    Do you have any mods installed? If so, I would try to uninstall them to see if the game works without them.

• rojayrojay Member Posts: 20
    Have just had the same problem. No mods installed, and have re-installed once. I'm on a 2014 Macbook Pro, using the current OS. I've played through the game so many times, and have purchased it more than once, that it's hard to remember whether I actually played through BGII EE, but I believe I did so in advance of the expansion, and on this computer. I've done a search through Google and on this forum, but did not see any explanation for the issue. I'll report back if the latest re-install fixes things, but in the interim, if anyone has an idea, I'd appreciate advice.

• rojayrojay Member Posts: 20
    Oh, and I've also tried launching the game through the "Launcher" as well as directly from the icon within my "game data" folder, to the extent that makes a difference. Hell of it is that on my last attempt, I rolled a 93 for ability points. Would have been a nice start... ;)

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,664
    Hi
    In your documents location, find baldur's gate ii - enhanced edition. It's probably an alias when it should be a folder.

Rename or delete it, create a new folder and try launching the game again.

JuliusBorisov