Skip to content

Good setup for BG EET

Anybody have a good selection of mods they use with the EET mod? I don't want to screw up my install but I want a nice somewhat large selection. Basically a list of mods you use.

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    I 've made my selection of *good* mods from this list
    https://rawgit.com/K4thos/EET-Compatibility-List/master/EET-Compatibility-List.html
    Your choice of *good* may not be the same as mine.

I 've taken all mods that add contents (except for some known bugged ones) as you can decide any time during game what options or quests you chose and which NPCs you take along.
    As for rule/tweaks etc, SCS makes EET a pretty good experience throughout, all parts of the game are challenging but not overpowered and it grows along with you. The rest of those spells and tweak mods are personal taste stuff. Just mind that whatever you select stays with you for a long, long game.

For a large selection it may be good to use BWS. You can select those mods there and the tool will ensure that you have no game breaking conflicts and that you use the right install order.
  • cbarker15cbarker15 Member Posts: 38
    @PaulaMigrate do you know when I install SCS and which version I should use? I tried on my last install and it wouldn't work so I just went on without it. Also did you use BWS fully or just a pdf to refer to for install order?
    edited October 2017
    cbarker15 said:

@PaulaMigrate do you know when I install SCS and which version I should use? I tried on my last install and it wouldn't work so I just went on without it. Also did you use BWS fully or just a pdf to refer to for install order?

You mix things up. The pdf thing is for BWP which is only for the old game and not supporting EE. You would need a lot of interpretation to map BWP to EET. Although a new BWP version was released just some weeks ago, that version was already outdated upon release. BWP is a one-man ego show and as such rarely up to date.

I used BWS almost fully, means I made the install pause at two points 1) once to add manually mods that were not yet supported at that time 2) Prior to SCS - I installed SCS manually for the components I selected. (SCS v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility) Afterwards I un-paused BWS and let it do the rest of the installation. I had no problem at all with that install method and I really did a very big install.
    @PaulaMigrate ok thank you.. and do you install SCS after the first EET component or before?
    cbarker15 said:

@PaulaMigrate ok thank you.. and do you install SCS after the first EET component or before?

After.
    Only some few mods are installed on BGEE, see first part of the mod list here https://rawgit.com/K4thos/EET-Compatibility-List/master/EET-Compatibility-List.html,
    Everything else goes after EET and is installed on the BG2EE.
    @PaulaMigrate Ok got it. Hopefully this setup works this time. I gave up after a couple tries because it's so long and tedious. Any word on when Icewind Dale will be put in?
    cbarker15 said:

@PaulaMigrate Ok got it. Hopefully this setup works this time. I gave up after a couple tries because it's so long and tedious. Any word on when Icewind Dale will be put in?

There is a dedicated topic for IWD-in_EET on Gibberlings3 forum. You can make up your own picture from the information there. I'm convinced it will come but can't tell when.