Skip to content

[SoD] Captive trolls at Dragonspear Battle are stuck

ZibettiZibetti Member Posts: 10
edited October 2017 in Troubleshooting
Citing this topic here, which had the same problem:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/59803/to-free-the-trolls

During the battle and before fighting Ashatiel, I went to that area where a group of trolls are held captive inside a building by the crusaders. Outside, you face a group of crusaders led by Gnarg (I couldn't convince them to go away), who seems to be related to freeing the trolls. I killed the group, talked with the trolls who begged me to help them, but they remained stuck, waiting for me to set them free. They kept asking me to free them and to kill Gnarg (already dead). I couldn't find any solution to this.

Save game is attached.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    Did you pick the lock to their door earlier, or have a no traps / locks mod?

Thanks
  • ZibettiZibetti Member Posts: 10
    Gate70 said:

Hi
    Did you pick the lock to their door earlier, or have a no traps / locks mod?

Thanks

Np.

Troll Pen Key is in the inventory, in the Keyring. No mod for traps and locks.
    & you didn't open the pen door in an earlier chapter? That's the only way I can reproduce the issue from a clean save so far.

Thanks
    Yep, Chapter 10. When earlier questing in Dragonspear Castle Exterior area I've opened that door. Wasn't that supposed to happen? I didn't have the key by then.

(I previously had that issue with bd plot 315/380, No Hephernaan nor basement fight)
    edited October 2017
    OK, this edited save may work for you.

If possible, could you make a report on Redmine for it please.

Thanks
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Zibetti
    Gate70 said:

If possible, could you make a report on Redmine for it please.
    Thanks

If you have any problems reporting it, tag me and I'll do it.
    It worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Bug report created. :wink:
  • ElthalasElthalas Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2017
    Hi there!
    I've exactly the same problem, with the same steps leading to it (opening the gate in chapter 10 with lockpicking)
    Knowing the bug is already reported, @Gate70 , it would be possible to edit the save to bypass the problem?
    I attach my saved game.

Thank you very much!
    Try this, needed a slightly different value setting.
  • ElthalasElthalas Member Posts: 6
    Thank you!
    It worked like a charm :)