Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited October 2017
    Is it getting too grizzly?
    Post edited by themazingness on
    ThacoBellDev6UnderstandMouseMagicWise_Grimwald
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    tbone1 said:

I wish you would stop these puns; they just panda to the worst taste.

Our puns have all the right koalafications!
    themazingnessUnderstandMouseMagictbone1Wise_Grimwald
    I'm goblin up all these puns.
    Dev6UnderstandMouseMagic
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Afraid I'm the polar opposite.
    I find these puns teddyous.
    Dev6ThacoBelltbone1
    edited October 2017
    I was Beorn for this. (kudos if you actually get this)
    Dev6ThacoBelltbone1Wise_Grimwald
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

I was Beorn for this. (kudos if you actually get this)

Would've been harder to get before the movies came out. :)
    themazingness
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

These puns are Smokey hot.
    Or was typing that a BooBoo?

UnderstandMouseMagicThacoBell
    tbone1 said:

These puns are Smokey hot.
    Or was typing that a BooBoo?

You'll need to ask your yogi.
    ThacoBell
    @Zaghoul Is that a mod you are working on or something?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @themazingness EEKeeper I believe. You can do a surprising amount with it. I ran Kobold pc once and it was quite fun. I kinda miss the paperdoll though.
    ZaghoulthemazingnessRAM021
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited October 2017

@Zaghoul Is that a mod you are working on or something?

If I could mod it I would. Yup, as @ThacoBell says, EEKeeper. It does give a lot of opportunity for customization. Add a little bit of RP and were off. At least one group of goblins met would be friendly in BG. Kobolds and ogres are met with their ill mannered brethren wherever they go. Well, a gnoll would meet a few non combative gnolls as well.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    Dev6themazingnessThacoBellRAM021
    edited October 2017
    Zaghoul said:

If I could mod it I would. Yup, as @ThacoBell says, EEKeeper. It does give a lot of opportunity for customization. Add a little bit of RP and were off. At least one group of goblins met would be friendly in BG. Kobolds and ogres are met with their ill mannered brethren wherever they go. Well, a gnoll would meet a few non combative gnolls as well.

Something something something Bearname.

Now I want to use EEKeeper to create a Bear Charname named Beorn Toby Wilde.
    Dev6ThacoBellContemplative_Hamster
  • hockmah2hockmah2 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2018

Post edited by hockmah2 on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

I haven't played Throne of Bhaal but isn't there a chicken bhaalspawn? Goblins are at least humanoid.

close, it was a chinchilla
    ChroniclerRAM021
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited October 2020
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    Just cause, a goblin bounty hunter B)
    Goblins 2nd Ed AD&D (Complete Book of Humanoids)
    Min Max
    Str 4 15
    Con 5 16
    Dex 4 17
    Int 3 18
    Wis 3 18
    Chr 3 12

(other than maxes, when rolling, I just use humans and apply the -1 to str and chr if less than their max, as listed in the book)
    Classes: Fighters, clerics, thieves, shamans, F/C, F/T, F/S, and C/T.
    HP: as class
    Natural AC: 10
    Infravision (add through EEkeeper)
    Don't like bright light.
    Superstitions (for normal gobs): Eteranl hatred and fear of dwarves and gnomes, sensitive to unsual behavior of worgs and wolves, fearful of dreams and visions)
    PP+5%, MS&HiS+5%, F/R traps+10%
    Makes a few goblin sounds attacking or moving.
    Good enough to work with I think. Race won't show up but keyed (so may have an effect on romances or items) in as a goblin bow animation. Standard goblin avatar.
    Neera's quest line is one heck of a RP opportunity. Headn out to meet the kinfolk and setup as their new leader, heh.
    (Art:Goblin by aaronflorento)
    (Image)

(Spoiler)

With all the talk about bears, I presume that people know about the Wilson the bear mod for BG2.

I actually came to this thread to find out about making a goblin charname and after wading through it all found this post by Zaghoul sums it all up. Sorry about the thread necromancy.

I am seriously considering running a goblin PC, perhaps a berserker. Pity he couldn't romance M'Khim, or is that being racist saying that only a goblin could love another goblin. :D

I was thinking that since having M'Khim in the party lowers your reputation by 2, perhaps I should lower the initial reputation of the goblin PC by 2, or is that taken care of by the -1 modifier for charisma.

I have actually made a goblin charname by modifying M'Khim with EE Keeper. All I did was modify the stats, Experience, level, bonuses, proficiencies and gender. It looks fine even if adding armour doesn't change the appearance. I let him keep M'Khim's axe and shield, and even though modified he can still use them. I don't know if that will still be the case when he levels up. I'll have to see.

It could make for a one-off fun run.

With an intelligence of 18, why not make a mage. Using a gnome's paper doll with a green skin should look OK.

However before playing him, I think that I will first have to play with M'Khim in the party. That certainly looks interesting.

Perhaps a party of misfits would be good.

M'Khim, Dorn, Viconia or is that impossible?
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Awesome thread!

I would love Goblins as a playable race. What I find funny is that you can change into monsters (through spells) such as becoming a Gnoll, or the cloak of the sewers (becoming a Troll) and no-one not even a commoner, quest giver or party member says anything.

Yet we can't be Goblins (as they are monsters), but you can literally walk the streets as a troll. Some NPC's would care more about the main char being a child of bhaal rather than a goblin. I'd also love to be a bear in game.

Imagine being a bear!
    Blackbɨrd wrote: »
    Awesome thread!

I would love Goblins as a playable race. What I find funny is that you can change into monsters (through spells) such as becoming a Gnoll, or the cloak of the sewers (becoming a Troll) and no-one not even a commoner, quest giver or party member says anything.

Yet we can't be Goblins (as they are monsters), but you can literally walk the streets as a troll. Some NPC's would care more about the main char being a child of bhaal rather than a goblin. I'd also love to be a bear in game.

Imagine being a bear!
    Blackbɨrd wrote: »
    Awesome thread!

Imagine being a bear!

It is possible I think.

Try installing Wilson the bear, exporting it and then importing it as a PC. I haven't checked, but it MIGHT work.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    You would need to go into EEkeeper and set the export flag to do that, but it... should work?
    After importing Wilson, you would have to edit experience to 0 and level to one. You would then have to update bonus stats. I don't know whether you would have to change any scripts. Trial and error I'd have thought.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    You might also need to add in Wilson's kit to make him playable in BG1 - I don't think you can have him join in SoD?

My monster protagonist idea? A doppelganger. Be a druid so you can change shape, use natural weapons only. This obviously deserves a reputation penalty to start, of course.
    Dev6 wrote: »
    Our puns have all the right koalafications!

Koalas are NOT bears. They are marsupials.
    edited March 2021
    I am running M'Khiim as a PC and am considering giving her a male goblin consort and thought that a true neutral berserker or barbarian would be suitable.

However I have no idea what restrictions there should be on his attributes. Would it be possible for any of them to be higher than 18? Which of them should be lower than 18?

Also what resistances should they have? Similar to a dwarf or gnome?

Suggestions very welcome.

EDIT

I have just been examining the stats of the goblins in the game and have discovered this:

Maximum Strength: 17
    Maximum Dexterity: 17
    Maximum Constitution: 17
    Maximum Intelligence: 14
    Maximum Wisdom: 17
    Maximum Charisma: 15

So creating a goblin with those stats is certainly legal if I come up with a roll of 97.
    Such a roll is extremely rare!
    It looks to me as if high intelligence and charisma would be inappropriate.

The roll in the game that I am currently playing was 92.

When I looked at their resistances. It gave me a clue as to which race they were created from.
    I would suspect human because there are goblin shamans and wizards and that appears to be the case. Their resistances are not high like dwarves. So when I roll a goblin, I will just use a human roll and avoid high intelligence and charisma.

And here he is:

89cfqz3asyf1.jpg
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Aerakar
    edited June 2023
    I have just made this character using a Goblin captain and adjusting the stats to fit the roll.

I will now investigate if it works.

Sorry about the necromancy, but seeing this old post got me wanting to do it.

I will lower my reputation by 2 I think.