Skip to content

"Random Treasures of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition" [Complete List by @CamDawg / #workinprogress]

2»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's a volunteer thing. If anyone is ready to step up, the community will be grateful.
    Rodrian
  • Necroscope86Necroscope86 Member Posts: 79
    Just want to say, really thank you for this thread, been incredibly useful!
    Rodrian
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2017
    How are the items generated? By the moment you start a new game, enter an area or open the chest/kill the enemy?
    JuliusBorisov
  • justsayrayjustsayray Member Posts: 5
    Hello I love playing this game for its random loots but I have 1 problem; I can't find the War Hammer +4: Defender anywhere. I've looked up guides but they don't say where I can find them. Anyone have a clue where they are?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @justsayray - I grabbed this from GameBanshee and not sure if it is still there in EE version but worth a look:

Warhammer +4: Defender (U1HAM5B)
    Location(s): Lower Dorn's Deep (Marketh's Palace) - Loot from chest in Fleezum's room

Gus
  • justsayrayjustsayray Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2017
    Gusinda said:

@justsayray - I grabbed this from GameBanshee and not sure if it is still there in EE version but worth a look:

Warhammer +4: Defender (U1HAM5B)
    Location(s): Lower Dorn's Deep (Marketh's Palace) - Loot from chest in Fleezum's room

Gus

Yea i saw the gamebanshee guide too but all I got was the Morning Star +4 Defender and other stuff but no Warhammer +4 Defender. I reloaded several times to see if I can get it but its not there. Perhaps gamebanshee labeled it in the wrong place
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    @justsayray after half an hour of googling and looking through bunch of threads and walkthroughs I finally found the answer! I wonder why I didn't checked there in first place, cause it's quite obvious one =P

Dan Simpson was THE GUY for Infinity engine games guides in 00's (at least for me and I prefer his over Haeveron's) and according to his original IWD walkthrough the hammer in question was removed in HoW. -> https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/256221-icewind-dale/faqs/8166 (search for 'War Hammer +4: Defender')

Now back to sleep XD
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrQuartz
  • RagbeardRagbeard Member Posts: 4
    Thanks very much for the hard work put into this thread!
    The guide created by Rodrian is user-friendly and comprehensive.

Whether it gets completed or not, congrats on the thread, and...
    I hope myself and/or someone else can help finish it. GREAT resource
    rede9_Luke_JuliusBorisov
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Is Shaman Class going to add Random Treasures?
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited November 2017
    @rede9 If I remember correctly, Beamdog added two Monk items to the game when they released the Enhanced Edition (since that class wasn't in the original game). I assume they'll do something similar when they add the Shaman class.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited March 2018
    Recent Observation...

I believe there is randomness to the wands in Vale of Shadows - Kressleack's Tomb, Level 2. In the center treasure cache.

Walkthroughs indicate a Wand of Sleep, on my most recent playthrough I got a Wand of Magic Missiles. Just an FYI.

RaduzielQuartz
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    @Rodrian, @CamDawg, @JuliusBorisov, I'm trying to improve the Icewind Dale Wiki, for the entire community's use. May I add this list of Random Treasures there? I'll also be glad if @Rodrian would allow me uploading his screenshots there. I'll be waiting for your approval. :)
    QuartzStummvonBordwehrRodrianElrandir
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Yes, feel free. .
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    It's added. You may find it here.
    Rodrian
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    Them Hand towers

Either come out kitted out with some of the best gear ever seen in Infinity Engine games... or walk out holding a bag of gag items
    semiticgoddessQuartz
  • ParasolsyndicateParasolsyndicate Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2019
    It seems unduly harsh that you need to be over halfway through the game, or drop 44k in gold to have a magical 2 handed axe.

You'll even have found 2 magical katanas, guaranteed, at the point...
    Elrandir
  • RawrbarianRawrbarian Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2020
    In IWD, a 2-handed weapon was really nice for the extra damage. In IWD: EE, it's all about using 2 weapons. Then again, just for fun (i.e. RP) you could still go the route of a 2-haned weapon. The obvious choice would be the 2-handed axe that gives a +1 to Constitution. But I have seen a few 2-handed weapons that have elemental damage, but that's only at a chance per hit though.
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    I heard that fighting with Snow Maiden's Reaver sword was broken. It fixed now?
  • solarisolari Member Posts: 1
    I wrote o guide random items for EE, its on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2756971781
    Cheers!