Skip to content

Spoilers: Just found an unused area with a cutscene while digging the game files

ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
Pretty much all of it is in the title, there's an area numbered AR2700. You may teleport there using the console.
From the looks of it it's in the forest of Tethyr, and meant for after you have escaped the Underdark.
It plays a cutscene I have never seen anywhere and never heard of it either. Here it is on Youtube, as requested:

I'm sure some of you already knew about that but eh, always fun to discover something 15 years after. A shame it was cut from the game, really there wasn't much missing for it to be functional and it was kind of interesting.
Post edited by Arunsun on
ThacoBelldeltagoDoubledimasArctodusdunbarNoonronaldosemiticgoddessloliennaggertMontresor_SPRik_KirtaniyaJuliusBorisovGrond0mlneveseRaduzielProontIsewein

Comments

• naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
    Any way you can upload this instead of writing the description down? :) Youtube maybe?
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    naggert said:

Any way you can upload this instead of writing the description down? :) Youtube maybe?

There you go :smiley:
    Wasn't sure my old PC could handle HD 30FPS recording but it turns out ffmpeg really shines even on toasters.
    lolientbone1
  • naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
    Thanks man! Great find.
    lolientbone1BelgarathMTH
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Is this area completely functional? Search maps, light maps? Containers? Well, thanks for the code designation, I'm going to open it in Near Infinity and look.
    chimeric said:

Is this area completely functional? Search maps, light maps? Containers? Well, thanks for the code designation, I'm going to open it in Near Infinity and look.

It apparently is, as a map. In terms of gamefile there's everything a normal map would have. You may also find a few containers. Three of them are actually available in game, they contain mundane treasure, while the other two simply have no hitbox and no content. Interestingly enough, on top of the statue triggers that allow you to click on them, there are two triggers that will spawn Kruin the Githyanki that wishes to recover the Silver Sword if you have the Silver Blade in your bag and walk near them. (Also just discovered that there's an area in the forest of Tethyr near the Kuo-Toa cave with such a trigger, on top of Athkathla's various districts.)
    lolienWise_GrimwaldProont
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    This map is already used by a couple of mods. Almateria's Restoration Project seems to use it for another Slayer Dream. My Djinni Companion mod makes use of the map resources for a quest.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovProont
    edited November 2017
    argent77 said:

This map is already used by a couple of mods. Almateria's Restoration Project seems to use it for another Slayer Dream. My Djinni Companion mod makes use of the map resources for a quest.

Well my Yuan-Ti NPC mod will use it pretty soon as well :smiley:
    Raduziel