Skip to content

Looking for game recommendation

CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
Loved:
D:OS2 - due to low end comp, I can't get pass act2, my computer can't handle act2 apparently.
BG2EE
Pillars of Eternity
Icewind dale 2
nwn1&nwn2
crusaders kings 2 and medieval total war 2

So, I'm looking for good game suggestion which I can play as female, choose my own name ingame, and with nice graphics. I find IWD2, NWN1 graphics quite charming...
I was thinking Pathfinder, the card game, but I'm not sure... I'm also thinking of Nine Parchements, but it's yet to be released...

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    I you like IE games and Pillars of Eternity, you can try Tyranny :)
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Dragon Age: Origins is pretty much BG in 3D.
    You should also try Icewind Dale 1 if you haven't (you only mentioned 2).
    I've heard Tyranny is very good, though I haven't played it yet. Sword Coast Legends may also be to your liking.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Nah, I was think of playing Tyranny, but for some reason I did not. I'm looking for gamelay video, I like it now...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I would recommend Dragon Age: Origins. Its VERY good, but there are extremely limited class choices. Hope you like Fighter, Mage, OR Thief.
    I already have D:AO, but thanks.
    ThacoBell said:

I would recommend Dragon Age: Origins. Its VERY good, but there are extremely limited class choices. Hope you like Fighter, Mage, OR Thief.

But it makes up for it by having a completely different beginning depending on your class/race. :) It's the only game I can think of that does that.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Did you try the first Divinity: OS
    Dev6 said:

ThacoBell said:

But it makes up for it by having a completely different beginning depending on your class/race. :) It's the only game I can think of that does that.
    It doesn't make up for it for me. The distinct origins ARE very nice, but its the wealth of class options that keep me coming back, ala Baldur's Gate or PoE
    Well, I kind of still need recommendation - I was looking at pathfinder adventures, tyranny, regalia of men and monarchs, numenera, but... I need more suggestions...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Heard good things about Vampire: The Masquerade. Also check out Fallout 1 and 2.

No. I just don't like those games...
    Ultima 4-7 are pretty great. 4-6 specifically are amazing deconstructions of rpgs.

Geneforge and Avernum are pretty big in the indie scene, though I haven't played them yet.

Shadowrun (Dragonfall, Hong Kong)

What, no love for Shadowrun Returns? I thought it was a lot better than Hong Kong. HK has a nice setting, but they really screwed up the Matrix gameplay.
    Oh, if you don't mind Roguelikes, Tales of Maj'eyal is pretty great. There is a metric TON of playable races and classes to unlock and play. And with an actual graphical interface and mutiple difficulty levels, its pretty accessible. You can play the base game for free to see if it works for you or not.

If you want something a little different, West of Loathing is freaking HILARIOUS. It plays more like a point and click adventure game with a turn based combat system. With almost every single quest/encounter having multiple resolutions.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited November 2017
    I know the fallouts have already been mentioned, but if the wonky old UI (which comes in to play in Arcanum too) are the hang up just watch the first 5 minutes of a youtube LP there are hundreds of them. Then you can enjoy them the normal way - they're wonderful RPGs. The manuals are worth a read too lol. If it's something else, then no worries.

I personally loved Vampire:masquerade, but it does require quite a bit of retooling so I can understand if that's a hangup, but there are plenty of great guides. It's one of the most complete experiences of an RPG that I've ever played - I deeply regretted not having enjoyed it for years prior.

I'll second checking out Shadowrun. Tyranny was good fun. Dragon Age Origins is also great, but for whatever reason I had some hang-ups with it when it first came out.

Knights of the Old Republic 1-2, while again requiring some retooling on modern systems, are *really* good and serve basically as the Star Wars themed precursors to Mass Effect (1-2 are great RPGs, 3 is a bit more action heavy).

Age of Decadence is a short romp with a lot of replayability with a greco-roman feel (it's essentially a different game for each archetype) . Underrail is a throwback to Fallout so if you hate that for some reason that's a no go, but it's good fun.

The old Ultima games (and generally not allowing you to make your own character as much as modern games), while not being graphically up to par, and having tons of wonky UI issues, are still good games as pointed out above. Bard's Tale games also fall into that category. If you find that you're ok with 80s and early 90s games, then Darksun and the Krondor series are worth checking out too!

Since you listed some RTS games in there - try out Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3. They're great games that mesh RPG and RTS elements with turn based combat and high fantasy elements. They also have more modern equivalents from Ubisoft that I've not played, but seem to be about in the same realm.

Wasteland 2 (Wasteland 1 is great, but it's old enough a lot of younger gamers can't put up with its clunky bits) is good fun too, but is again in the post-apocalyptic genre.

Some people *really* love the Elder Scrolls games (3-5, 5 being Skyrim) they've never really got me, but they're worth checking out if nothing else than for the visuals. Or like going to Vegas or Disney Land - you gotta' do it at least once if you can lol.
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    @Cvijeta since you're a veteran check out my trivia. Not a game per say just a past time on your phone for a while.

details here
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Ones I don't think have been mentioned yet: Mass Effect 1, T:ToN. Also, since you don't specify "must be an rpg", Titan Quest, Grim Dawn.
    Titan Quest is imho the best hack and slash rpg out there. Definitely worth a look.
    Already have this - on gog.com. Expecting a expansion soon...
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Okay so it defs doesn't have the same style of graphics as the IE games but it's a dang good RPG and meets your other requirements -- Have you tried Wizardry 8?
    Yeeeeeeees!
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG cant wait