Skip to content

Feature proposals/requests

Comments

• tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87

I would very much like friendly fire to work as it did in the original NWN release (where it affected enemies as well), either by default or as a configuable option.

Friendly fire for enemies was patched out of NWN many years ago. I hope to see it restored.

Wut? No it wasn't. LuL friendly fire is based upon your difficulty setting in single player and the servers difficulty setting in multiplayer, alongside the particular area's settings and the spells you are making use of (and if they have been modified).

On with the requests though, I'd love the ability to individually dye each part of an outfit, say metal 1 for a chest piece of a fullplate as silver, but metal 1 for a leg piece of the same fullplate as a gold (example only)
  • Sylvius_the_MadSylvius_the_Mad Member Posts: 23
    tfox said:

I would very much like friendly fire to work as it did in the original NWN release (where it affected enemies as well), either by default or as a configuable option.

Friendly fire for enemies was patched out of NWN many years ago. I hope to see it restored.

Wut? No it wasn't. LuL friendly fire is based upon your difficulty setting in single player and the servers difficulty setting in multiplayer, alongside the particular area's settings and the spells you are making use of (and if they have been modified).

On with the requests though, I'd love the ability to individually dye each part of an outfit, say metal 1 for a chest piece of a fullplate as silver, but metal 1 for a leg piece of the same fullplate as a gold (example only)
    In the single-player campaigns friendly fire for the player's character works as you describe, but after patch 3 FF did not affect enemies on any difficulty setting. No more would enemy sorcerers roast their allies with poorly-placed fireballs.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    I really think that you should enhance Shayan's Subrace Engine. What's stopping people from making certain races is limited only by specific features not integrated into the Subrace Engine.

For instance, if I play as a Drow, I want magic resistance and special abilites... ect...
    Or give me darkness if I play as a Tiefling. A lot of times Shayan's Subrace Engine is wonky at best.

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited November 2017
    There are release notes available here which might tell you if some requests are already in.
  • britishjbritishj Member Posts: 44
    Please fix as many bugs as you possibly can, the familiars losing their weapons at higher levels for example was a real game killer for me. Super excited for an enhanced edition of my favorite game! :D
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    The only thing that is *really* needed is updated graphics - higher poly counts, high res textures etc.

The graphics have aged really badly and it's the only thing keeping me from the original NWN. So bring the visuals to 2017 (or even just 2014) and everything else will be just a bonus.
  • MorgwinMorgwin Member Posts: 10
    Would it be possible to have improved henchmen AI? to cut down on micromanagement?
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Multi-CPU Core support for Server Client.
  • devSindevSin Member Posts: 32

If that's in hardcode, they definitely should move it out to INI or 2DA as an option.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    edited November 2017
    @TrentOster Please add an option to switch from 5 second rule combat system to BG - IWD combat system style or add a slider to control the speed of combat thanks
    Post edited by dreamtraveler on
  • Savant1974Savant1974 Member Posts: 303
    Great to see so many cool ideas on here - I hope at least a few of them are implemented! I love the idea of an overland map option. I'd also like to see HDR/Bloom effects for nice shiny metal.
  • Stubbon_DwarfStubbon_Dwarf Member Posts: 1
    I would like to be able to cast spells directly from the spellbook. It's so annoying to have to rely on the quickbar to cast spells.
  • KragsKrags Member Posts: 4
    I suffer from real bad vertigo playing some games. NWN is my all time favourite game but one of the issues I have is when the camera zooms in for a discussion with a NPC. If we can have the option to disable that and just have the conversation from afar that would be huge to me.
  • Sylvius_the_MadSylvius_the_Mad Member Posts: 23
    Krags said:

I suffer from real bad vertigo playing some games. NWN is my all time favourite game but one of the issues I have is when the camera zooms in for a discussion with a NPC. If we can have the option to disable that and just have the conversation from afar that would be huge to me.

The camera doesn't move for conversations.

Are you perhaps thinking of NWN2?
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Fix parry.
  • KagaliKagali Member Posts: 5
    The one thing from NWN2 that I really enjoyed was how they put all the spellcasting into a single GUI quickcast menu, allowing players to have access to ALL of their spells without having to put them in the quickbar. I also liked how they non-invasively showed the casting areas of all spells for which it was applicable, showing exactly where my Fireball would land. Would it be possible to put this into NWN:EE?

• EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    Redrake said:

Remove the insta-kill effects on some spells and low-threat creatures.

Like bodaks or water elementals.

It was one of the worst ideas in an RPG to include insta-kill abilities to creatures who otherwise posed to threat.

no reason to nerf abilities of creatures who have such for a reason. Bodaks and Water Elementals are supposed to be dangerous.
    ajwz said:

thrudd said:

More Classes.... More Races....
    Ohh i dont remeber what the world map looks like, but update the world map to a 5e map including the updsted areas???

There wasn't a world map in any of the main campaigns iirc
    no 5e anything since 4 or 5 doesnt apply to 3rd edition which NWN is based in. of course if you want to have such things, you can create it for your own mod, but not an overall forced use across the board.
    bdtgazo said:

The thing I'd like to see the most is making it possible for mods to hold more content without requiring haks. And then incorporating more choices into the toolset, like the CEP and Q stuff. Can never have too many options for tilesets, and within tilesets.

I guess I'm assuming that Beamdog will also be working on the engine itself, and not just polishing the official campaigns.

in the live feed Trent said they are not touching the OC for any of the three

The only thing that is *really* needed is updated graphics - higher poly counts, high res textures etc.

The graphics have aged really badly and it's the only thing keeping me from the original NWN. So bring the visuals to 2017 (or even just 2014) and everything else will be just a bonus.

this would break any chance of backward compatible working.
  • SorenSoren Member, Developer Posts: 48

There are release notes available here which might tell you if some requests are already in.

Thanks! Seems I can already strike a few things off my list :D
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

Fix parry.

This! The only thing keeping it from being actually useful is the limitation of only being able to parry the first attack of the 3 "flurries." Against opponents with 4+ attacks/round (i.e. when attacks begin to "double-up"), it provides hardly any protection. Fixing this would turn Parry from being useless into an actually good skill to put points into.

Also it looks cool to perform parry animations all the time while using it.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Krags said:

That's already an option in NWN right now. Under Control Options, uncheck the "Enable Dialogue Zoom" button. I always hated that.
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    edited November 2017

Fix parry.

Right, NWN had Discipline and Parry added as new skills. They're not part of 3e so what are they doing there? And the mechanics were awful. Discipline was only viable for warrior classes and had to be maxed to be relevant, so it was just a forced skill point sink. Parry was confusing since it completely overlapped with Defensive Fighting and Total Defense, and also had to be maxed to be useful.

I hope these will both get fixed by an axe. The game should use the actual 3e rules for resisting knockdowns and fighting defensively.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • roney33roney33 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    i have some sugests:

1 - native choice for use first person view
    2 - aurora toolset for linux users (developed with qt or gtk)
    3 - a custom hand painted textures with mmo apearance
    4 - small toolbar
    5 - i want to buy with gog too
    6 - other users to buy and play with ps4 or xbox one
  • FutabotFutabot Member Posts: 12
    Rebind F1-F12 keys to something other than F1-F12, if possible.
  • DrMcCoyDrMcCoy Member Posts: 2
    Three feature requests/bug reports that would be nice to have implemented/fixed. None of them particularily criticial, though.
    • The original Linux port didn't come with support for videos (IIRC, RADGameTools had no Linux version of their Bink player at that time). Would be great if the EE came with full movies support on Linux
    • The original game occasionally shows "rubberbanding", where the PC snaps back to a previous position. Might be a pathing issue? Server/Client disagreeing on position? Also happens in later Aurora-based games
    • The original script compiler has a bug with the short-circuiting ||, which compiles down to the LOGORII instruction, in a way that makes it not short-circuit (and introduce a branch that's never taken, but would screw up the stack if it were). I can provide more in-depth information about this, if you want/need
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    edited November 2017
    I'd definitely like to see a script driven timed-event bar and an ok/cancel popup (remnants of which can still be found in the aurora gui .bif). Also, it would be nice to be able to allow pc's to possess other creatures. And I'd like to see players have unique scripts for each event (OnRest,OnHeartbeat, etc). And maybe improve the driving camera controls to allow for better WASD movement.
  • HawkwinterHawkwinter Member Posts: 14
    How does the Community Patch (CPP) fit into this?

We have been working very closely with Shadooow to incorporate portions of the Community Patch (also known as CPP or 1.71). We plan to continue incorporating fixes which will appear in future patches.

Does this mean there will be native support for making custom spellcasting classes?
    How about allowing custom feats, spells, races, and classes?

Any chance we could see global hakpacks, rather than only being able to load ones that are embedded into modules? It would be fantastic to be able to have class and race and other gameplay mods in singleplayer without having to change every module you own to include them.
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    edited November 2017
    Ebonstar said:

this would break any chance of backward compatible working.
    No it wouldn't. The ability to handle higher poly counts and high res textures wouldn't mean that content that was built without those would no longer work. What it would mean, though, is that Beamdog and modders would be able to create new content that would push the game forward.
This discussion has been closed.