Skip to content

12 inch IPad Pro UI/resolution problems

JlexacJlexac Member Posts: 6
After 64-bit patches IWD, BG and BG2EE all have the same problem on my 12 inch IPad Pro: main menu and all other pregame stuff like character creation are very tiny - occupying small part in the center of the screen, all UI elements in the game are very small and UI scale no longer works. Font increase only increases the font but nothing else. I have been waiting for 2 months now for a fix, still none.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hello
    If you had the games installed prior to v2.4 would you be able to try removing and re-installing one of them (please note this will remove all saves for the affected game so export any you wish to keep before deletion)

If that doesn't help please add a new issue with a sample screenshot on Redmine and when you say UI scale no longer works are you saying the in-game Options -> Graphics -> Scale User Interface makes no difference.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
  • JlexacJlexac Member Posts: 6
    Hello, will do the issue thing.
    Reinstalling doesn't help - tried all 3 games.
    UI scale - precisely, doesn't matter if it's checked or not and which font I use, the UI scale doesn't change and all elements remain tiny.
    Main menu
    Also, interestingly, PSTEE is fine, no such issues
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited November 2017
    Hello
    We have to date been unable to reproduce this issue. Could you re-check a couple of things please.
    When you re-installed did you lose all saves.
    & when you switched the scale UI option did you try returning to the main menu then closing and restarting the app.
    & do you have any iOS features such as magnify / zoom enabled in accessibility.
    Do you have iOS cloud settings set up to backup game data.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
    Hello
    I had View set to Zoomed at Setting - Display & Brightness - Display Zoom. After I set it to Standard, the issue was fixed in all games. It would be great if you could still address this in next patch as it wasn't an issue previously. I always had Zoomed view and your games were ok until 64-bit patches. Standard View looks awful on 12.9 inch IPad - huge space between icons. Anyways, thanks for the solution.
    In case you still need answers to your other questions:
    1) When you re-installed did you lose all saves. YES
    2) when you switched the scale UI option did you try returning to the main menu then closing and restarting the app - YES, DIDN'T HELP
    3) Do you have iOS cloud settings set up to backup game data - DONT SEE THIS OPTION IN ICLOUD MENU. IN "APPS USING ICLOUD" SECTION I HAVE "GAME CENTER" SET TO ON, "ICLOUD BACKUP" OFF, "ICLOUD DRIVE" OFF.
  • foardefoarde Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased and downloaded all of these games, plus Siege of DragonSpear for IPad 12” and having the same problem. Any resolution?

— no pun intended
    Torgrimmer
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @foarde Please create a bug report with screenshots at support.baldursgate.com