Skip to content

Latest update on patch status, IWD II, and Beamdog Client

124»

Comments

• BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    In 2019.
    MERLANCE
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

2.4 is purely about IPv6 and 64-bit support, and those features are more for 2.5.

Confirmed! Duke Nukem Forever: Enhanced Edition after version 2.5!

Sorry, I'll stop now.

MERLANCE
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

According to the news I've read it is not entirely sure that the iOS will be released at the same day. But still, that means maybe only two weeks to go...

iOS 8, 9, and 10 have all been released about a week after the annual September iPhone announcement. So, I'd expect iOS 11 around Sept. 18-20.
    StummvonBordwehrtbone1
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354

2.4 is purely about IPv6 and 64-bit support, and those features are more for 2.5.

Does this mean that 2.4 will look more like a 1.4 patch for mobile, with the 2.0 UI update happening for the 2.5 release? What does this mean for the many game patches and balance issues, such are nerfing assassins?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Blash said:

Some sort of ETA for 2.4 on Windows versions? Pathfinding with 2.X has become horrible, it's quite frustrating seeing NPCs getting blocked among them not reaching the enemy for melee.

damn, are you serious? So we are supposed to play a game in bg:ee 2.3 for now, am I wrong?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited September 2017

The 64-bit updates are apparently damn close, but will they be released before iOS 11 hits? That's the million gold question.
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
    AstroBryGuy

The 64-bit updates are apparently damn close, but will they be released before iOS 11 hits? That's the million gold question.
    iOS 11 drops Tuesday, Sept. 19th. They have a week.
    _Luke_GreenWarlock
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    So we will see if "very, very soon" and "damn close" is more or less than a week :p
    tbone1ThacoBell

forgot to check for the release date before posting :-).

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    lefreut said:

So we will see if "very, very soon" and "damn close" is more or less than a week :p

Vegas has it at even money.

forgot to check for the release date before posting :-).

The release date was announced during the iPhone event today. I think about 45 minutes after your post.
    edited September 2017

I'll be travelling during the next few days, so there's a chance I won't be able to log in here as often as I would like. So, here's a hint for our forum users:

Pay attention to the Beamblog today and tomorrow (or subscribe to it). Something may happen, and you will know first.

...A whisper follows as you stride away, something vestigial and sinister that you recognize, but yet have never heard, 'You will learn...'"

In a commanding voice:
    They act sooner than we had anticipated!

Safe travels Julius!
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
    JuliusBorisov
  • shaddoshaddo Member Posts: 3
    IWD2 EE Yay or Nay???
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    shaddo said:

IWD2 EE Yay or Nay???

Source code has been lost. So "nay" sadly :(
  • shaddoshaddo Member Posts: 3
    Well.....its a great opportunity to make a IWD 3 or remake IWD 2 :smiley: with a modkit.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    ThacoBell said:

shaddo said:

IWD2 EE Yay or Nay???

Source code has been lost. So "nay" sadly :(
    Hmmm, I must have missed that post, but that is very distressing :(

Perhaps it'll force me to pick up the mantle of module building again for NWN: EE and attempt to faithfully restore IE through the Aurora Toolkit.

It's a "warm/fuzzy" feeling to say the least :)