Skip to content

Which to do first, Sendai or Abazigal?

Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
Which one do you go after first, Sendai or Abazigal?

For me it's usually Sendai first. Roleplaying-wise, her enclave is closer to Amkethran than Abazigal's (8 vs. 12 hours traveling time). Powergaming-wise, there are some neat items in her enclave for Cespenar to use.
  1. Which to do first, Sendai or Abazigal?31 votes
    1. Sendai
      54.84%
    2. Abazigal
      19.35%
    3. Flip a coin
      22.58%
    4. Neither; I never make it that far into ToB
        3.23%
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited November 2017
    I always found Sendai the hardest of the Five - so I take the extra XPs etc from Abazigal to make my party as strong as possible before I face the drow.
    I need to add that I always have Assencion installed, I don't know if there's difference in an unmodded game. Also, most of the time my protagonist can convince Balthazar to join our side (via Wheels of Prophesy mod). I also have SCS, so that may be another factor for my choice. Items are no factor anymore at that point in ToB, if you ask me.
    JuliusBorisovKuselBlackraven
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    I find Ascension Abazigal a lot harder than Ascension Sendai, so I usually always go for her first.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I always go for Abazigal because I got my overdose of drows in SoA, and want to delay Sendai for this reason.
    Montresor_SP
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Abazigal is fairly easy with all the electricity immunities around by that point. (Cleric/Druid 4, for example). Draconis is harder, but still he's a single, albeit difficult, target. Sendai' final battle is a much more difficult to control battle royale.

So single dragon is still one aura use per round. Sendai and the drow reinforcements can strip a Mage of her defenses in a single round. It's kinda significantly much harder.
    Montresor_SPBlackraven
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I go to Abazigal because it lets me forge the Big Metal Unit earlier--and more importantly, the Scorcher Ammunition. The Scorcher Ammunition is great against Abazigal but even better against the drow in Sendai's enclave.

Abazigal is tougher, though, especially with SCS and Ascension, so the theoretically optimal route would be to nab the Bronze Pantalettes from Abazigal's dungeon, go kill Sendai, and then come back for Abazigal.
    StummvonBordwehrMontresor_SPBlackraven
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    I usually abandon my game somewhere between exiting Chateu Irenicus and the underdark in SoA and as such never really touch ToB.. though once in a while i do, and the route i take is basicly just acting on whim
    StummvonBordwehrMontresor_SPBlackraven
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    You can do both. Do half of Sendai enclave and then go and Abazigal. Once you have the nice weapons made from Sendai's placements, you can whack the dragons and then come back to Sendai and give her what she needs.
    Montresor_SP
  • ArvendorArvendor Member Posts: 19
    For me it always felt more natural to do Sendai first in terms of story progression, though looking at it now I can't say for sure why. The game doesn't give you any direction or preference in this does it?
    StummvonBordwehr