Skip to content

SoD: Achievements and the ending

EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 941
Hey everyone,

A couple of early findings: The previously bugged achievements "You chose... poorly" and "Grim deeds to come" still don't seem to unlock in the new beta. I'm using an unmodded game (on steam) and tried both achievements with three different saves from three different groups.

In addition, the ending of SoD seems to be bugged now - once you get out of the city, reunite with your old companions and the cinematic where you get overwhelmed by shadows plays, the credits don't roll - instead, the game reverts to the ingame interface, but with a black screen, and nothing happens - it's simply stuck.

I'd like for people to confirm my findings!

Enuhal

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I can confirm this. I wonder if the same happens with new saves as well.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 941
    I already consoled a new party through the game to make sure this would occur with new saves as well, and it did.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    It may well be that SoD is not a part of the beta: it isn't mentioned in the blog announcement and it wasn't mentioned during last week's stream (only BG:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE are mentioned).

I'd need an additional confrimation, though, as @argent77 says the SoD beta is available for him on Steam.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited December 2017
    SoD DLC content doesn't appear to have changed (date of mod.key in sod-dlc.zip is still 06/06/2016). BG1EE content and the game executable have been updated though.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 941
    Well, that's good to know, but also kind of sad, as there were quite a few issues in SoD that I would've liked to test.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Closing this as the beta does not - indeed - include SoD.
This discussion has been closed.