Skip to content

Patch notes?

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
Hello!

Is there a link to all patch notes which happen during the head start? It's too interesting just to be ignored!

Thank you!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    So far, there have been only one patch during the Head Start. You can always find all the most important stuff on http://blog.beamdog.com/ (including http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/nwnee-head-start-patch-notes-v748150.html )

Also, the OP of https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66904/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-faq is being constantly updated with all the important information.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Interesting. My Beamdog client just showed an update. So I updated and it broke my game. Tried to verify but didn't work. Trying to uninstall and reinstall now. It literally just happened...was this a patch? Update? Same thing?
    Coincidentally I just got on the forums to look up any patch notes and this thread was updated at the same time.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited December 2017
    There hasn't been a patch since December 1, 2017, as the developers are still trying to fix that urgent problem from last Friday. So probably you have to reinstall the game.
  • MizzajlMizzajl Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2017
    Yeah my beamdog client also asks to update, but we havent updated our server yet so im waiting with installing it. and some people on our server seems to be having problems with this new patch, they are saying it requires some OpenAL dll

Edit: and some of our players have patched and can launch the game, but cant connect to our server because of version mismatch.
    edited December 2017
    If there's an update (shown), I strongly don't recommend updating.
    Too late. I can't do anything now it seems.Verified. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Keeps giving me an error message. Trying again. If I get the error again I'll make sure I copy it so I can post it.
  • dafenadafena Member Posts: 74
    Damn, I've updated and can't roll back.

@NeverwinterWights be sure to have OpenAL installed.
    @dafena I just tried installing OpenAL as per your recommendation and it will not let me install it even with administrator privileges. Not sure what that's all about but didn't have to install it before. Everything was working find until it just decided to tell me to update.
    @NeverwinterWights Did you downloaded it from OpenAL(dot)org? The windows installer? That's strange, it really it's just a simple installer with only the button to install, hmm...
    edited December 2017
    The Beamdog Client encountered an error trying to run Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (Digital Deluxe - Head Start). Please contact Beamdog support and mention exit code: 3221225781

*sigh*
    edited December 2017
    Tried installing OpenAL directly from the site and also tried the one located at the link @JuliusBorisov posted. Ran both as administrator and tried both in compatibility mode. Just keep getting:

OpenAL Installer Message

Permission not granted for writing to the system directory -- try again with administrator access.

Then a second box pops up after saying "Installation complete". Maybe I already had it installed? Like I said the head start worked fine up until about 2 hours ago now when Beamdog client said there was an update.

Also trying to run the toolset from the folder does give me an error message as well about not having OPENAL32.DLL installed. But like I said. Been working just fine until all the sudden.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    All i can suggest, as a temporary solution is, locate your openal.dll you said you have installed, and copy it to the game directory where binkw32.dll is - just right besides nwmain.exe That should take care of openal.dll not being located.
    edited December 2017

All i can suggest, as a temporary solution is, locate your openal.dll you said you have installed, and copy it to the game directory where binkw32.dll is - just right besides nwmain.exe That should take care of openal.dll not being located.

I didn't say I had it installed. I said I CAN'T install it. At all. And after searching for it windows can't find it either. Hmm. I don't know what the heck is going on. All I know is I just spent like 7 hours writing and rewriting hundreds of lines of code and finally got the language system completely integrated into the OnPlayerChat event. I exported the files to a .erf and backed up the mod before I did this update. All I know is that if I have to do it all over again I'm going to punch a puppy...a stuffed animal one...not a real one...that'd be mean.
  • PhenomenPhenomen Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2017
    @NeverwinterWights patcher only make changes to game install folder (BeamdogLibrary). All your user files (modules, haks, erfs, inis etc) are located in Documents/Neverwinter Nights folder and will not be touched at game install/reinstall/update.
    Phenomen said:

@NeverwinterWights patcher only make changes to game install folder (BeamdogLibrary). All your user files (modules, haks, erfs, inis etc) are located in Documents/Neverwinter Nights folder and will not be touched at game install/reinstall/update.

I just got a little nervous when I couldn't import the .erf I saved with a couple scripts (without any new functions) into a new 1.69 module.
    Well I managed to find an openal32.dll to download (since windows won't let me use the official installer). Dragged it into the folder and now the game and toolset will kind of launch. The opening company logo videos now play very horribly with a bunch of stuttering and crackling and will sometimes freeze up and crash the game. So far the toolset seems functional though. Still wish I knew what the heck just happened with the client.
  • melonranchermelonrancher Member Posts: 5
    I updated my NWN (before seeing the forums) and now I cannot connect to any multiplayer servers because of a version mismatch.
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/nwnee-head-start-patch-notes-v748151.html

The patch now has the OpenAL prerequisite set, so it should do the install on Windows.

We know of the issue with those who have already updated their NWN:EE Head Start earlier in the day, and we're working to fix it.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Huh. Mine updated yesterday as well. If that update wasn't intended, that certainly explains all the crashing it's done since.

The patch now has the OpenAL prerequisite set, so it should do the install on Windows.

We know of the issue with those who have already updated their NWN:EE Head Start earlier in the day, and we're working to fix it.

So, no VFX/placeable/creature dynamic scale for this build?
    dafena said:

So, no VFX/placeable/creature dynamic scale for this build?
    During last Friday's livestream, it was referred to as something for the next build. The patch you see now is from Friday, delayed because of the issues found on Friday.
  • LathspellguestLathspellguest Member Posts: 60
    Mac-user here, installed the update last night, and played for a bit. I didn't notice anything weird. We'll see how it goes today.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited December 2017
    Here's hoping the henchman issue is fixed.

Edit: Not fixed. That's disappointing as it's blocking my progress in SoU.
    Post edited by BelleSorciere on
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    I just ran the updater at around 7:30 pm EST and was then greeted with the "OpenAL missing" message, so I'm guessing the issue in't completely fixed?
  • OriginalnwnonlyOriginalnwnonly Member Posts: 28
    use the link in this thread from the first reply worked perfectly

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67715/crash-at-launch-after-update-exit-code-3221225781#latest
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    I updated earlier today, and had the error too. I updated my NVidia driver, and then installed the OpenAL from Beamdog's link, and it worked. However, NOW it shows Update again. Do I really want to click that?

-JFK
  • ThorssonThorsson Member Posts: 190
    I did and it works fine.
    UPDATE: Build 8152, containing a fix for the memory leak issue, is now available!