Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition FAQ

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Greetings!

We have prepared the most detailed FAQ for you!

https://store.beamdog.com/nwn_faq

Roadmap - https://trello.com/b/K0C0i8wF/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition
Input - https://trello.com/b/Lb79bbgy/neverwinter-nights-input

The Roadmap board is a public read-only board where interested parties can inform themselves on what is going on in NWN:EE land, development wise.

The Input board is something I and other developers can fill with data based on what the community are saying. Then you (each of you!) can vote on that data to prioritise it. Developers will pick features from that and move it to the Roadmap board to indicate "this is great, let's do it"

If you're interested in helping to make NWN:EE better, go vote in the Input board, and share the feedback on the main forum.

Now the Roadmap board provides all the Live Stream links. We have also added the patch archive list and put a card with the NWN:EE release notes there.

The full list of changes between Neverwinter Nights 1.69 and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is here.

Everything about the Head Start is here.

Patch Notes v74.8150
Patch Notes v74.8151
Patch Notes v74.8151 & v74.8152
Patch Notes v74.8153
Patch Notes v74.8154
Patch Notes v74.8155
Patch Notes v74.8156
Patch Notes v74.8157 & v74.8158
Patch Notes v74.8159
Introducing the NWN:EE Development branch + Development Beta v8160 Patch
Development Branch Build 8161
Patch Notes v74.8162
Development Branch Build 8163
Patch Notes v74.8164

Instructions on how to report bugs in NWN:EE.

If you purchase NWN:EE and then decide to get the Digital Deluxe, it’s possible to upgrade - just send a message to our support (support@beamdog.com)

Interviews:

(Dragon+) An interview with Trent Oster and Jonathan Hill about vibrant communities and modern-day mods
https://www.pcgamesn.com/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition/neverwinter-nights-modules
https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2017/12/Neverwinter-Nights-Enhanced-Edition-Interview-with-Beamdog-CEO-Trent-Oster.html

Livestreams:

Find videos here
December 1 Livestream Recap
December 8 Livestream Recap
December 15 Livestream Recap
December 22 Livestream Recap
January 12 Livestream Recap
January 19 Livestream Recap
January 26 Livestream Recap
February 2 Livestream Recap
February 9 Livestream Recap
February 16 Livestream Recap
February 23 Livestream Recap
March 2 Livestream Recap
March 9 Livestream Recap

How To Get Your Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Steam Key

Instructions on how to upload files to the Steam Workshop
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
Aedan[Deleted User]DoubledimasOxvataclane[Deleted User]AndariandeltagololienKenjiBelgarathMTHgugulug5000islandkingogrillionNonnahswriterAnduinanastiel

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited November 2017
    At launch Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will support English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Polish. Italian and Spanish localizations are both text-only.

Yay!
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I'm super hyped! Any idea on release date?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

I'm super hyped! Any idea on release date?

When does the game come out?

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is currently available for pre-order on Beamdog. NWN:EE pre-order owners are eligible to be selected for Head Start access to the developer build starting November 21, 2017. We'll have more to share about other platforms like Steam soon.

https://www.beamdog.com/nwn_faq#02
    lolien
  • devSindevSin Member Posts: 32
    Does the macOS version have full shader support (presumably it's not a Metal renderer)?
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Will the EE correct problems such as invisible characters on higher resolutions?
    NK1990
    taclanemf2112Montresor_SP
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    devSin said:

Does the macOS version have full shader support (presumably it's not a Metal renderer)?

Shaders will be same on all systems.
    lolienjackjack

Shaders will be same on all systems.

Nice, thanks.

Is the "shiny water" setting shader-based (and usable on macOS) now?
    Correct!
    lolien
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    And for the most important of questions... are there any new forum badges coming for NWN? :smiley:
    [Deleted User]Montresor_SP
    taclane said:

And for the most important of questions... are there any new forum badges coming for NWN? :smiley:

Yes! Give us some time, the badge (or s) will be here.
    taclane[Deleted User]mf2112lolien

taclane said:

Yes! Give us some time, the badge (or s) will be here.
    Well, that's all I needed to know. I'm off to put my preorder in. :tongue:
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    taclane
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Any improvements coming for the single-player game, like allowing more henchmen/companions at once?
    AedanThacoBellRandomPerson
    Shandaxx said:

Uhm... I might be missing something but... didn't you just ask what I was asking a few posts above?

@Shandaxx Some things are so important that they are worth independent verification!

Also, critical brainfart on my end. I'm not at all sure how I managed to miss noticing that question being asked and answered a half-hour before I posted...
    [Deleted User]
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Can we manage our follower equipment in the OC?
    GodRandomPerson
  • DeleDele Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2017
    Will i receive an email in case i get chosen for the head start beta? I just preordered.
    [Deleted User]Enilwyn
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    The head start is supposed to start today?
    Everyone, check this promo out: https://neverwintervault.org/ee-reveal/ (created by @niv )
    [Deleted User]taclaneFinneousPJ
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    @JuliusBorisov any word on the Head Start? FAQ says it's available today. Excited to sink my teeth in!
    MadHatter
  • ben0914ben0914 Member Posts: 9
    I noticed the FAQ says the Aurora Toolset is still going to be Windows-only, at least for now. Are you going to look at options to get it to work for Mac/Linux. I wouldn't mind too much if it was just basically Wine wrapped, or if you guys would be willing to look into issues if we ran it in Wine ourselves. I would just be happy to have it usable in Linux. I assume most Mac users would appreciate this too.
    [Deleted User]RandomPerson
    Do you guys expect the Head Start beta to be usable in Linux right from the start, or is it going to take longer to get it to a usable state for Linux?
    [Deleted User]
    @typo_tilly Thanks, I found out about the stream too late, and only caught the last 10 minutes or so.
    [Deleted User]
    ben0914 said:

I noticed the FAQ says the Aurora Toolset is still going to be Windows-only, at least for now. Are you going to look at options to get it to work for Mac/Linux. I wouldn't mind too much if it was just basically Wine wrapped, or if you guys would be willing to look into issues if we ran it in Wine ourselves. I would just be happy to have it usable in Linux. I assume most Mac users would appreciate this too.

The toolset is still Borland, so it's basically stuck on Windows.

They talked about it a couple times on the stream; porting it over isn't really an option for them (they'd have to basically rebuild the entire frontend from scratch). It was mentioned that they'd try to at least remove any obstacles of it running in Wine, where possible.
    [Deleted User]RandomPerson