Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition FAQ

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ben0914ben0914 Member Posts: 9
    @niv Thanks for the link.
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    edited November 2017
    niv said:

The toolset is in the package that everyone gets - if you head-start-buy the game, you get all platforms in the same download.

Niv: Does head-start access come automatically with pre-ordering? I've already placed a pre-order, and would very much like to help with the beta test. I can certainly help with stress testing backward compatibility for hak-heavy mods.
    Proleric
  • Lord_SullivanLord_Sullivan Member Posts: 6
    Greetings folks, I was wondering where would we post requests to added, fixed, enhanced etc... ?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Greetings folks, I was wondering where would we post requests to added, fixed, enhanced etc... ?

You can post your requests here.
    JuliusBorisov
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455

I'm super hyped! Any idea on release date?

When does the game come out?

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is currently available for pre-order on Beamdog. NWN:EE pre-order owners are eligible to be selected for Head Start access to the developer build starting November 21, 2017. We'll have more to share about other platforms like Steam soon.

https://www.beamdog.com/nwn_faq#02
    @JuliusBorisov I don't do early access. When is the production release?
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited November 2017
    An easy-to-use companion system for builders would be absolutely SWELL.
    (mod: OK if you move this to the proper subforum or a request thread of some sort :-))
    Post edited by fkirenicus on
    WarChiefZeke
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    I pre-ordered a Deluxe. Can I get Head Start on Steam (Linux)?
  • docofkultdocofkult Member Posts: 2
    FAQ states that you can request a Steam key but is it too early to do that? Steam page is just up and currently it does not seem to be included in the Head Start access.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    docofkult said:

FAQ states that you can request a Steam key but is it too early to do that? Steam page is just up and currently it does not seem to be included in the Head Start access.

Oh, just wait a bit... I already wishlisted!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is currently available for pre-order on Beamdog. NWN:EE pre-order owners are eligible to be selected for Head Start access to the developer build starting November 21, 2017. We'll have more to share about other platforms like Steam soon.

When the game is ready. According to Trent Oster on the yesterday stream, the game will be released only when it's ready. And that depends on how the interaction with the community goes during the Head Start.
    docofkult said:

Head Start is only available if you pre-order from Beamdog.
    FinneousPJ
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    I just pre-ordered NWN EE :smile: Will I get a badge like for the other pr-orders/orders?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    koteko said:

I pre-ordered a Deluxe. Can I get Head Start on Steam (Linux)?

If you pre-ordered from Beamdog, you can get Head Start, but on Beamdog. There's no Head Start on Steam.
    Altair said:

I just pre-ordered NWN EE :smile: Will I get a badge like for the other pr-orders/orders?

Yes, there will be (a) badge(s), just wait a bit.
    koteko
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I saw it asked but I didn't see any answer so I'm asking again:

@JuliusBorisov @niv @TrentOster - How will one know if one has been selected for Head Start access? How big are my chances?
    Proleric
    @scriver It's night in Canada now. I'm sure they'll figure out the process quite soon.

The latest official reply is 10 hours old:

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    I preordered on Beamdog and would like to be considered for Head Start. Any further action required on my part?
    Andarian
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    edited November 2017
    Proleric said:

I preordered on Beamdog and would like to be considered for Head Start. Any further action required on my part?

Ditto to what Proleric said, with the same question. :) If there's anything further we need to do, please let us know. Thanks!
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    Andarian said:

Proleric said:

Ditto to what Proleric said, with the same question. :) If there's anything further we need to do, please let us know. Thanks!
    It seems only thing we need to do is pre-order. The question is whether all preorder get into head-start or they choose somehow who will get it.

Although, at BD launcher under head start there is a BUY option...
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited November 2017
    @Dele @Enilwyn @Proleric @Andarian -
    I'm downloading the Head Start right now. Clicked Get Started on https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-head-start-english , which let me download it.

edit: I think if you've got Digital Deluxe version you have to go here: https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-head-start-digital-deluxe . Each version seem to have it's own Head Start page.
    aarionn
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455

When the game is ready. According to Trent Oster on the yesterday stream, the game will be released only when it's ready. And that depends on how the interaction with the community goes during the Head Start.
    docofkult said:

Head Start is only available if you pre-order from Beamdog.
    Thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    scriver said:

I'm downloading the Head Start right now. Clicked Get Started on https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-head-start-english , which let me download it.

edit: I think if you've got Digital Deluxe version you have to go here: https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-head-start-digital-deluxe . Each version seem to have it's own Head Start page.

Thank you! Downloading 10,5 gb... :) NWN deluxe hs
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    scriver said:

I guess you have a button here that I do not? :(

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    It is working for me now, had to close the browser and clear cache and then everything showed up. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • NecromyrezNecromyrez Member Posts: 2
    Also want to point out that your account may already be provisioned and everything correct, but you just didn't know that in the client itself, you need to click the drop down Under "Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition", where it says (For me, at least) English. Change that to English - Head Start. Then you'll have the option to install. Mine was just saying pre-loaded until I did that, now it's installing. Hope this helps.
    ben0914JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2017
    Head Starters serving Neverwinter!

The updated information about the Head Start is here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66994/installing-playing-the-head-start-version-of-nwn-ee

That thread will be later updated with instructions on how to report bugs and other related stuff.
    BelleSorcierelolienEnilwyn
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AllatumAllatum Member Posts: 16
    I am sorry if this has been answered before, but what sort of shading is supported? Will extreme vertex shading be possible along the lines of the Minecraft 'acid' shader?

An Example of the Acid shader (Youtube Link)

I only ask because because it'd be excellent to use for the Plane of Limbo or parts of Pandemonium
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hello Allatum,

we're currently supporting full-screen shaders (like the acid one you linked) and texture shaders (material shaders). Both of them are in the early stages, so configuring them from scripting is not implemented yet - but that's something that will eventually happen!
    JuliusBorisovAllatummlneveselolien