Skip to content

Transferable items?

Is there an exact list of items which can be carried over from BG EE and SOD to BG2?

Basically I'm looking for a complete, fully updated list.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    I'd like to know as well.

As far as i can tell, SoD is just one big exercise in futility, as far as char/item progression goes.

Truth be known, i can scarcely remember much of SoD or the items gathered. If memory serves, i used balduran items and varscona for the entire campaign.
  • Sophiel777Sophiel777 Member Posts: 54
    joluv said:

From A guide to new magic items in Siege of Dragonspear *SPOILERS*:

ajwz said:

The Following Items transfer over to BG2:EE from SoD:
    Voidsword +3
    Voidhammer +3
    Robe of Red Flames
    Belt of the Skillful Blade
    Archer's Eyes
    Helmet of Dumathoin
    Bard Hat
    Biter +2
    Tangled Strings
    Buckler of the Fist +2
    Dragon Blade +3

Note that you need to have these items in your inventory when you import to bg2 in order for them to appear.

Thank You joluv, but does this list include all items from BG EE?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    No. The answer is more complicated there, and it has varied by version. @Nerva posted a link to an archived Dudleyville page, which may or may not exactly reflect the current behavior.
    Torgrimmer
  • Sophiel777Sophiel777 Member Posts: 54
    joluv said:

No. The answer is more complicated there, and it has varied by version. @Nerva posted a link to an archived Dudleyville page, which may or may not exactly reflect the current behavior.

Thanks. But this seems like a vanilla BG item list. I'm asking specifically about new items introduced to BG EE. Can some of these new items introduced to BG EE be carried over as well?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Ah, I misunderstood. I've never encountered or heard of any non-SoD new BG:EE item carrying over to BG2:EE, but I'm not certain. Hopefully someone with more expertise will chime in.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

joluv said:

Thanks. But this seems like a vanilla BG item list. I'm asking specifically about new items introduced to BG EE. Can some of these new items introduced to BG EE be carried over as well?
    as far as i know, there is no BGEE ( non SoD ) weapons or items that can be imported into BG2
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    sarevok57 said:

joluv said:

as far as i know, there is no BGEE ( non SoD ) weapons or items that can be imported into BG2
    After the 1.3 patch for BG:EE and BG2:EE you can import one weapon from BG:EE (non SoD) into BG2:EE. At first it was available from Malaaq, but now it can be found on the table in the room with a Golem (for which you need to find an activating stone) in the starting dungeon. The weapons that can be imported are not from the weapons added by the EE, though, in BG1, they're vanilla BG1 weapons.

This is a restored component which didn't work in original transfer.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37637/now-when-the-weapon-transfer-is-available-what-would-your-choice-be/p1