Skip to content

Fallen Archer Questions

In my current playthrough my Archer has become a Fallen Archer due to Khalid accidentally killing two commoners (Okay in reality, Khalid killed one commoner and only attacked another before his weapon broke. However, since a hostile character sitting in the Nashkel Inn was going to prevent me from resting, I had Neera kill the other commoner)

Are there any consequences to this falling? I'm going to keep it even though I could fall back on the save because I'm in Chapter 3 now and I'm trying to roleplay my character anyway.

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    "Fallen" means you lose the class abilities, so for an archer that would be the called shot and the added thac0/dmg. I'd reload if I were you.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Skatan
    Duly noted, but I'm RPing and doing Beta so I won't be reloading

What about strongholds?
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    In BG2 you can redeem your archer in the ranger quests. That's a long way to go though :) I don't think there's a way to do that before the Ranger Stronghold quests in BG2, but I might be wrong.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    You can uncheck the Fallen box in EEKeeper.

Or you can do what Skatan told.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Do fallen rangers lose their stealth ability also?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Balrog99 said:

Do fallen rangers lose their stealth ability also?

Yes.

That's mechanically stupid, but yes.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Zaghoul said:

One of the most satisfying runs I ever had was running a Fallen Ranger from early on in BG, all the way through to getting his status back in BG2. Just felt extra special when getting the stronghold and redeeming his status.

I regret that I have but one like to give this post!
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    What about Called Shot? Do I lose that?
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    You lose Called Shot, stealth and specific to Archer kit THAC0 and damage bonuses. You keep your stars in weapons proficiences.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    when you become fallen for paladin or ranger, you basically just become a fighter who needs more XP to grow up levels, and can only have 2 proficiency points per weapon
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Fallen archers need special boots. :smiley:
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2018
    Edit: still a fighter is nice to have in the party
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    sarevok57 said:

when you become fallen for paladin or ranger, you basically just become a fighter who needs more XP to grow up levels, and can only have 2 proficiency points per weapon

From what I understand the archer is a bit of a special case, in that they can achieve grandmastery in bows even while fallen.

Similarly falling does not grant them the ability to place more than 1 pip in melee weapons.