Skip to content

BGII:EE Android Tweaks

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Violation, welcome to the forum. I would love to add Level 1 NPCs (being a user of it in the past) however, it isn't EE compatible. Depending on what you wanted out of the Level 1 mod, have a look at NPC_EE. It , or components of it, might suit your needs...

Gus
  • ViolationViolation Member Posts: 18
    Ok, let's give that a try if you please. I mainly wanted to change a few npc's classes, I did not realize it was bg2ee incompatible. The thing i saw on that is Jaheria is not changeable, sad puppy i wanted to make her a pure druid class or kit. Lolz and i'm sorry but minsc is so dumb he just has to be a barbarian lol.
    I have not played this in so long I am really unsure as to what kind of mods there are I have been looking but I am not quite Pleased with the current class/multi class changes on some of the bg2ee characters.
    Is there by chance a mod that removes armor and weapon restrictions for classes that may be used on NPC's. So far the batch you made for Rosetyler is working perfectly :) thank you for that :)
    @Violation. No probs, it looks as if (the NPC_EE readme) you would have no problemsin changing Jaheria to a prue class, then in game you can also give her a kit. With NPC_EE you can change various classes in game by using a spell button (very well done).

Tweaks Anthology v4 has a relaxed Armour/Weapons component for multi/dual class cleric or druid.

The best way to go about putting it al together is to go through both readme files (Tweaks Anthology and NPC_EE) and select which components that you would like. Place them in a spoiler and were good to go.

Tweaks Anthology is the replacement for BG Tweaks (which was used to Rose's modfile). Nice to know that the modfile is being used by others as well.

Gus
    Ok will take me a lil bit but working on that list now :) something new to read :)
    Ok here goes :) Thanks Gusinda.

Cosmetic Changes
    Remove Helmet Animations
    Weapon Animation Tweaks
    Icewind Dale Casting Graphics
    Commoners Use Drab Colors
    Icon Improvements
    Force All Dialogue to Pause
    Fix Boo's Squeak
    Make Magic Shields Glow
    Unique Icons
    Unique Containers
    Remove Blur Effect from Equipped Items
    Separate Resist Fire/Cold Portrait Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)
    Protection from Cold and/or Protection from Fire icons, as appropriate.
    Content Changes
    More Interjections
    Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
    Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six
    Add Bags of Holding
    Reveal City Maps
    Add Map Notes
    Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items
    Multiple Strongholds
    -This component comes in two variants. The first is the original from Ease of Use, which allows any
    character, regardless of class, to acquire as many strongholds as wanted.
    Bonus Merchants

Female Edwina
    Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items
    Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time
    -This component allows you to choose the length of forging time to be instant.
    Give Cespenar Cromwell's Recipes
    Rule Changes
    Universal Clubs
    Weapon Styles for All
    Change Experience Point Cap
    -Remove completely (characters can advance without restriction up to level 50)
    Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P
    Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor
    Expanded Dual-Class Options
    Wear Multiple Protection Items
    -No restrictions. Players can wear as many items together as they wish.
    Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level
    Multi-Class Grandmastery
    Change Grandmastery Bonuses
    Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table
    Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table
    Alter Mage Spell Progression Table
    -The first option is the same table from the deprecated Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression component.
    Alter Bard Spell Progression Table
    -The first option is the same table from the deprecated Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression component.
    Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table
    Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables
    -Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression; and Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression.
    Triple-Class HLA Tables
    Alter Multiclass Restrictions
    -Allow both: All races have access to every valid multiclass combination.

Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes
    Alter Dual-class Restrictions
    -Allow non-humans to dual-class: This option will allow non-humans to option to dual-class. The actual requirements for dual-classing (stat requirements and the like) remain in place.
    Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits
    Paladins Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression Tables
    Rangers Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression Tables
    Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions
    Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Clerics
    Change Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Druids
    Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization
    Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields
    Lightning Bolts Don't Bounce (Angel)
    Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats
    Max HP at Level One
    Higher HP on Level Up
    -Maximum - This option will ensure that the dice roll will always be the highest available.
    Allow HP Rolls Through Level 20
    Maximum HP Creatures
    -Joinable NPCs only (cheating version of this component)
    Identify All Items
    Easy Spell Learning
    -100% Learn Spells and unlimited spells per level. In addition to the above, this implementation removes the limits on the maximum number of spells learned per level.
    Bottomless Bags of Holding
    Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells
    Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party ..."
    Increase Ammo Stack Size
    -unlimited (999).
    Increase Jewelry and Gem Stacks
    -unlimited (999).
    Increase Potion Stacking
    -unlimited (999).
    Increase Scroll Stacking
    -unlimited (999).
    Happy Patch
    -NPCs never get angry about reputation
    NPCs Don't Fight
    Prevent Aerie-Haer'Dalis Romance
    Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation (Luiz)
    No Traps or Locks
    Invisible Cloak of Mirroring / Spell Trap and Physical Mirror
    Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell
    No Drow Avatars on Party In Underdark
    Romance Cheats
    -No gender requirements (i.e. Aerie romances females)
    -No racial requirements (i.e. Anomen will romance a half-orc)
    -Multiple romances
    -Nothing kills romance (requires multiple romances)
    -Start romances for new games in ToB
    Rest Anywhere
    Disable Non-Hostile Rest Spawns
    Sellable Items
    Stores Purchase All Item Types
    Recoverable Ammunition
    -100% chance to recover after a successful hit
    Recoverable Throwing Weapons
    -100% chance to recover after a successful hit
    Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots
    Personalize Automatic Save Names
    Joinable NPC Tweaks
    Adjust Evil Joinable NPC Reactions
    Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
    Change Jaheira to Neutral Good Alignment
    Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party

***NPC_EE***
    Could you maybe also include a ultimate or mega portrait pack to use when I start a new game. The Current pics are like used a lot. I want to add some variety to the pics and game. I tried to simply download a pic pack and install it into the pics folder but nothing changed in game.

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Actually @CrevsDaak made an updated version of Level 1 NPC compatible with EE games, if you still want it.
    Appreciate the info but as i do not own a computer anymore I do not want to burden the gentleman kind enough to help me with the files that he is making for me I am already grateful for the assistance he is currently offering.
    edited January 2018
    @Isaya. Thank you very much, I wasn't aware. I shall make a clean install and give it a whirl...

I was looking at Tweaks Anthology and notice that the 'Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)' component was withdrawn in favour of One Pixel Productions version. I have a had a look around and found '1ppv4.1.0' (Smart Avatars Smart Armour) but it is dated 2012 and not much info as to whether it is fully compatible with v2.x. Looks abandoned. Are you aware of any other versions?

@Violation. I have grabbed the info for your modfile and will set it up today. Two Qs come up:
    - Would you prefer Level 1 NPCs? If so, which components?
    - For the NPC_EE mod, which NPCs would you liked changed and to what? I am guessng that you would like the last component which will allow for changes ingame.

For the pictures, are you talking about CHARNAME pics? If so, then they should be placed into the folllowing folder:
    '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/portraits'

In 1.3.x, you then use the Custom button to select the custom pictures. The picture will only show when you select the image name. You can have a large and medium image and make that the naming convention is correct; xxxxxxxL.bmp and/or xxxxxxxM.bmp. You can still use xxxxxxxS.bmp but I don't worry about them anymore. The size of the images I use are: M = 210x330, L = 420x660 but they scale so if you want, you can just use 210x330 and you would be fine. They will show at when creating a PC or you can use the customise feature ingame to try.

Hope this helps
    Gus

Edit: fixed sizes for images
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    edited January 2018
    @Gusinda :
    I have played bgee and bg2ee so many times in the past pure unmodded and modded alike on my pc when I had it. Since my PC is now bust, I am playing on the android version via my nvidia shield tv.

I just recently purchased the game and i missed modding the most. I like to play a male type char with the rest npc females, just for the kicks. My most recent playthrough I am / was playing a paladin then after imowen got taken away and i didn't keep yashino i lost my thief abilites in game oops.

I guess I just kind of want to play by ear when creating npc companion classes and kits. I do not know if lvl 1 npc's has the ability to choose class kits when you change or make a new npc i have never used it before where the npc_ee sounds like it does allow kits with class changes.

I looked at the npc_ee site and the read me so i did not find or see mod components to pick / choose like the other one you linked me.

Since you have used or tried both I believe, I will let you decide on which one you think is better and let you set it up as you see fit.

Thanks

Violation
    @Gusinda

I think I understand what you meant by options or choices now with the Npc's Take a look and see if this might be possible, I am thinking Level 1 Npc's

Aerrie: Totemic Druid
    Hexxat: Swashbuckler
    Imoen: Wild Mage
    Jaheira: Archer
    Mazzy: Cavalier
    Nalia: Shaman
    Neera: Dragon Disciple
    Viconia: Priest of Tyr? Change Alignment to Lawful Neutral?

-Allow druids one star in any weapon type a fighter can use.
    -Allow thieves and thief multi-classes three stars in dual-wielding - a la aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing.
    -Allow clerics one star in any weapon type a fighter can use - If your deity's weapon is a sword, you should bloody
    well be able to use a sword! :)
    -

Optional: Mod an NPC
    Set all the females to 25 in every stat please if possible?
    If not no worries I can still do it in game via CALUAConcole and tomes/manuals.(Just takes a while)

Just realized after some research that I missed one tweak that sounds useful in my case. Please add this one the the list please.

-Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues
    Hi @Violation, I have put the pack together and gave it a small test on a Note4. I created a Dwarven Ranger/Cleric using Hammer/Axes/Crossbow and collected Imoen and Jaheria just to see stats and classes etc. Seems to be working fine.

There are two modfiles for downloading:
    - BG2EE2064.ModFile.Violation1.zip - This is the Tweaks Anthology v4 request only. It doesn't contain any of the Level1NPCs mod (this is for when you get tired of the OP ladies).

- BG2EE2064.ModFile.Violation2.zip - Contains both Tweaks Anthology and Level1NPCs components.

There is also a text file which explains what components of the mods couldn't be installed and why. For Level1NPCs, there was a requirement to allocate weapons (and spells for the arcane classes) which is also documented in the text file.

Portraits.zip is just a bunch of 210x330 portraits slammed together from various sources and is really only to test the waters. If it works and you can see the images, it will be easy to get others more suitable to your desires. Just place portaits.zip into the same folder as the baldur.ini and unpack, keeping folder structure (as for the modfile). This will give you '..\files\portraits' with a bunch of pics. Delete the file when unpacked so it doesn't confuse the BG2EE game itself.

As you are prob aware, this modfile will need to be redone when v2.x is released.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Happy gaming
    Gus
    haha @Gusinda you are awesome while reading and stuff yesterday I learned that I could make custom characters myself and import them into my games on the go. Lolz at the OP ladies :) and you were correct the portraits pack i downloaded worked and were in the right place I just must have been tired and didn't realize the custom button on the portraits part in character creation. I don't have the apps yet on my system to work with pictures individually yet, something I will have to look into but I will have fun much later when i do get tired of the npc banter and such and ever play a full team of 4-5 just full player made characters :)

thank you for this, I seriously miss having my PC.

Vio.
    ok double checking my files but none of the npc's are changed in a new game so far Imoen/Jaheira
    facepalm nvm i installed wrong mod first doh !!! lolz
    but i did notice that the give all classes 4 weapon slots was not there my new f/m/t only had 2 weapon slots not 4
    Yes, I noticed that as well. I forgot to mention it in the notes... I have it installed it on a 2.3.x version and everything is working as expected (ability to hold 4 weapons but not avail in main screen), I am also running a FMT. I am thinking that it is hard wired into 1.3 but configurable in 2.x but not written into the readme.

Gus
    Yeah I personally like playing archer types and I was trying to find a way originally to equip all the party members with a longbow, shortbow, or crossbow. had way too many fights with jaheira using a sling and getting that my weapon does not do any damage banter when fighting. the bows and melee were working fine.
    ugh forgot neera was a dlc npc also :( and i remembered way too late that i shouldn't have bought hexxat dlc oops too late now lol. so neera and hexxat neither one can be changed unless i have a pc and the shadowkeeper argh.
    hmm the mod text file says you made neera a dragon disciple for me but she is still wild mage in game.
    edited January 2018
    @Violation, that interesting... here is a copy of the section of the log concerning Level1NPCs:

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any NPC components): v2.1 (2017-03-10)
    ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes (a la Ashes of Embers and aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing): v2.1 (2017-03-10)
    ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Update game references to NPC classes/kits: v2.1 (2017-03-10)
    ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1201 // Aerie: v2.1 (2017-03-10)
    ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1206 // Imoen: v2.1 (2017-03-10)
    ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1207 // Jaheira: v2.1 (2017-03-10)
    ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1211 // Mazzy Fenton: v2.1 (2017-03-10)
    ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1213 // Nalia De'Arnise: v2.1 (2017-03-10)
    ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #7702 // Neera: v2.1 (2017-03-10)
    ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1215 // Viconia De'Vir: v2.1 (2017-03-10)

I also checked the debug file and it shows the Dragon Disciple being selected and successful writing of the files. Wonder what happened!

----Snip----
    Type new attributes as whole numbers separated by spaces, or 0 for no change.
    Press "Enter" when done. Do not include exceptional strength % bonuses (you
    will be asked about that later if relevant). Valid range is 3 to 25.
    User answer: "25 25 25 25 25 25"

Current attributes: Str=11 Dex=17 Con=14 Int=17 Wis=10 Cha=11

Changed to: 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    Defined Inlined File [override/kitlist.2da] (length 6847)

Select a kit from the list below, or enter 0 if you prefer No Kit/True Class.

0 None of these things interest me.

1 Dragon Disciple

User answer: "1"
    ----Snip----

In the meanwhile, ref Hexxat and Neera, if you upload your saved game (zipped), I can make some modifications for you.

Gus

Edit:
    OK - Had a look a Neera using Nearinfinity and found that of the 6 creature files that are Neera, the level 10 one was not modified by Level1NPCs. So levels 8, 11, 12, 13 & 15 have her as a Dragon Disciple; Level 10 - Wild Mage. All of the creature files less 10, also have her as a Level 1 character whereas 10 give her to you as a level 10 NPC...

Edit 2:
    Also found the problem in the mod itself, within level1npcs.tp2, there is a space between Neera and 10 and there shouldn't be. Shall see if I can report to @CrevsDaak.

Edit 3:
    I have edited the NEERA10.CRE file (rename the file to NEERA10.CRE and place the file into your override folder) and made her a DD but this will not fix it for the current game as you have met already her and therefore in the saved game file. If you have a saved game prior to meeting her, you could reload that. If you want your saved game modded, upload it and we can fix.

Gus
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    ok I messed up my save and had to delete them all and start over. Neera was a DD when i got her the second time through. But I messed up call it being tired. I jacked her spells up.

I gave up on hexxat after i started her quest and forgot how evil / annoying the quest actually is.

would it be possible for you to maybe fix the save I am going to upload?
    1.Give Neera all the mage spells possible.
    2.Give Everyone 5 blips in Xbow,Longbow,Shortbow?

Hi @Violation, all done. Attached is the modified saved game. I am sure you are aware that there is a limit for mage spells so I gave her what I could and increased her memorisation to 20 (based on a really OP party that is going on). To get all the spells in play, don't forget to have a little afternoon nap... (which is probably the tired bit :smile: )

Enjoy
    Gus
    @Gusinda
    Thank you so much.
    Gusinda said:

don't forget to have a little afternoon nap... (which is probably the tired bit :smile: )

Enjoy
    Gus

@Gusinda
    Lulz ya had to say it :P Nodded off around 5pm, now 10pm can't go back to sleep now lol.

So been playing all morning / afternoon with the save. found out the class kits override shadowkeeper, Mazzy as a Cavalier still can't use and ranged types. haven't tried throwing weapons yet. Nice work fixing my spell mess up on Neera, totally forgot sorc's limit on spells or how they learn them. As i noticed while playing all the characters had xbow, longbow, shortbows except Neera you forgot to add them to her :)
    It is actually the weapon that has the restriction (in this instance) for Mazzy. It seems that you want to use Taralash as the bow, so I have modded that bow to allow her to use it, same for Neera. I have also added the profs to Neera in the saved game.

Rename and drop BOW23.ITM into you override...

Enjoy
    Gus
  • JustThatGuy26JustThatGuy26 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2018
    @Gusinda I just wanted to say nice work on these modded files. I was wondering if it would be possible to make another that would be personalized to me. Ive played bgee and bg2ee numerous times vanilla and I had a working laptop until my 8 yr old daughter spilled her drink on it. Please let me know. Thanks.
    @JustThatGuy26, welcome to the forum and no probs. Just put you needs into a list and I will see what I can do. What device do you intend to play on (not that it should matter)? If you are looking at one for each, could you start another discussion in General Modding? This will keep any BGEE stuff out of the BG2EE Mods topic (and keeps it clean..ish...)

eCheers
    Gus
    edited February 2018
    I appreciate you agreeing to help
    Post edited by JustThatGuy26 on
    edited February 2018
    @Gusinda Thanks for the welcome. I just want BG2EE for now as I've just finished the first again. I'm on Android on a galaxy S8. I listed mods from the Tweaks and also what I'd like from stratagems if that would be possible as well.

Tweaks

Remove Helmet Animations
    Nalia Avatar Change
    Viconia Skin Color Change
    Weapon Animation Tweaks
    Icewind Dale Casting Graphics
    Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items
    Commoners Use Drab Colors
    Icon Improvements
    Force All Dialogue to Pause
    Fix Boo's Squeak
    Make Magic Shields Glow
    Unique Icons
    Unique Containers
    Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors
    Remove Blur Effect from Equipped Items
    More Interjections
    Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
    Improved Athkatlan City Guard
    Gradual Drow Item Disintegration
    Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues
    Add Bags Of Holding
    Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items
    Shapeshifter Rebalancing
    Multiple Strongholds-Any Character variant
    Female Edwina
    Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items
    Give Cespenar Cromwell's Recipes
    Universal Clubs
    Weapon Styles For All
    Change Experience Point Cap-None
    Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P
    Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor
    Alter Weapon Proficiency System-Second
    Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level
    Multi-Class Grandmastery
    Change Grandmastery Bonuses-True Grandmastery
    Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
    Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table
    Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table
    Un-Nerfed Mage Spell Progression Table
    Un-Nerfed Bard Spell Progression Table
    Un-Nerfed Cleric Spell Progression Table
    Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables
    Triple-Class HLA Tables
    Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters
    Remove Summoning Cap
    Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials
    Alter Multiclass Restrictions-Allow Both
    Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes
    Alter Dual-class Restrictions-Allow Non-Humans to Dual-Class
    Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits
    Paladins Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression Tables
    Rangers Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression Tables
    Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions
    Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Clerics
    Change Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Druids
    Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization
    Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters
    Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields
    Bottomless Bags of Holding
    Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party ..." 
    Increase Ammo Stack Size-999
    Increase Jewelry and Gem Stacks-999
    Increase Potion Stacking-999
    Increase Scroll Stacking-999
    Happy Patch-Angry but Never Leave
    NPCs Don't Fight
    Invisible Cloak of Mirroring / Spell Trap and Physical Mirror
    Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell (Weimer) 
    No Drow Avatars on Party In Underdark
    Romance Cheats-No gender or Race Requirements, Multiple Romances

SCS

All BG2EE mods turned on to hardest difficulties except for moving the Robe of Vecna. I still want to buy it.
    Post edited by JustThatGuy26 on