Skip to content

Spawns Everywhere (1.3.2064) Mac

I played BG2 years ago, but since my old discs are all scratched up decided to give BG2EE a try... Just starting TOB now after struggling through SOA with this bug and now its just getting too much.

I have random spawns everywhere after a rest, after an area load... It started out in the beggining of SOA with just a hobgoblin or two, maybe some pheasants, but it seemed to get progressively worse through out the game. To a point where I have HUNDREDS of pheasants, handfulls of hobgoblins and npc or two or ten (so I can't just fireball the horde when I see them). The game is getting unplayable for me. Theres times in small maps where I can't get to an exit without killing dozens pheasants, hobgoblins etc.

I've researched so many times to see what the fix is... First fix I read, stop using quicksave... I stopped doing that and it still happens.

Second Fix - "It was fixed with the updated Patches and shouldn't be a problem now" But seeing as I have the 1.3 patch i'm really not sure what is going on...

Are all patch updates automatic?

Seriously though. I love this game and would love to enjoy it without all this BS and I would greatly appreciate any help.

Comments

• thebardthebard Member Posts: 12
    I have the same problem. Admins on this forum are absolutely worthless. Hopefully the bug gets fixed but I think the devs are too brain dead to make their own game playable by fixing even the most blatant of glitches. No idea what they're doing with their time but obviously it isn't giving a shit about the game
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    1.3 is a very old patch that came out years ago, as of now, the game version is 2.3 or 2.4, if you are using steam you should easily be able to update to the latest patch

if you dont have steam you can get a steam key ( if you own it through beamdog or some such ) so then you can download it for free on steam

this used to be a problem years ago, and it indeed has been fixed with the newer patches
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    The Mac version has been soms time without a patch though. So they will jump from 1.3 to 2.5 when the new patch hits.

What could help is making a bug report on Redmine. Most of the times the devs can alter your savegame so you can continue. See for more information this thread.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137

The Mac version has been soms time without a patch though. So they will jump from 1.3 to 2.5 when the new patch hits.

Only the version in the app store. I'm playing 2.3 on a Mac right now.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    joluv said:

Only the version in the app store. I'm playing 2.3 on a Mac right now.
    You are right. Mac app store only.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited January 2018
    @thebard and @Bootyluong We're sorry about the time customers from the Mac App store have to wait for the next patch.

As soon as the 2.5 patch finishes the beta stage, it will be available across all stores and platforms, including the Mac App Store. We thank every Mac App Store customer for being patient.
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/01/january-12-livestream-recap.html