Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    edited January 2018

Am I correct in thinking that Gavin, Xan and Montaron are not available in SoD?

Yeah, you'll lose everything they have equipped. Very annoying, very poorly signposted.
    Wise_Grimwald
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Pantalion

Whoopsy doopsy.

If the part involving being thrown into the fight without warning is that problematic I can do something about it. It's just a huge pain in the rear to make scripts fire based off the party's exact location on the map, but I'll figure something out.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Pantalion Hard Luck
    JuliusBorisov
    edited January 2018
    @Pantalion

There’s a hidden thing. Kryn will offer the orb to any Mage who initiates conversation with him, not just the main character. So you could’ve used any Mage to pick up the orb and then held it until SoD.

Probably won’t do you much good now though...

By the way Nym is getting deleveled in the next update.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwaldlolien
    edited January 2018
    @Pantalion

Okay. I'm looking through the Shadow Adept's AI script, and bear in mind I wrote it months ago, and I have no idea what I was smoking. Unmask is the only spell that they will cast repeatedly, once every five rounds, without a care for whether they actually know the spell or not. I... I don't know what my state of mind was when I wrote this. Note how the chat box simply says "Nym Phaundal: Unmask" rather than "Nym Phaundal: Casts Unmask" as a mage spell would be displayed. That's a sign that it's a "cast instantly regardless of whether you know the spell" script.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    Grond0 said:

Enuhal said:

Where enemies are refusing to follow a visible character through a transition, a tactic that usually works is to send a single invisible character to them - enemy scripts then tend to force them to seek out visible members of the party (in this case downstairs).

That is something that I discovered the hard way against the spiders at the bottom of Candlekeep.

I used a thief to disable a trap and moved him away so that he could hide with the result that the phase spiders jumped straight to a mage who was a long way away and almost killed her. :( Those scripts can work for or against you, but if you know how they work, you can usually make them work for you. :)
    Grond0JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrlolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

I remembered that the code for getting into the secret room was pi. In my previous game in SoD I guessed the code. Perhaps reading all the paperwork would have given me the answer. I didn't, but used my intuition instead.

Interesting. I could never remember the code either and have just experimented with combinations of 1, 3 and 4 until it opens. If it's pi though I might have a small chance of remembering it for next time :D.
    ArctodusRaduzielJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
    edited January 2018
    Grond0 said:

I remembered that the code for getting into the secret room was pi. In my previous game in SoD I guessed the code. Perhaps reading all the paperwork would have given me the answer. I didn't, but used my intuition instead.

Interesting. I could never remember the code either and have just experimented with combinations of 1, 3 and 4 until it opens. If it's pi though I might have a small chance of remembering it for next time :D.
    A number of computer games use pi as a code to open doors etc. It's always worthwhile giving it a try.

I was expecting it to be at LEAST one more digit, being a Land Surveyor I had it memorised to 3.1415926 as I used it so often.

Then Texas brought out the pocket calculator (which had pi hard-coded) which meant that both the Curta and 7 figure logs were a thing of the past. I went to the Science Museum in London about 20 years ago, and already all my tools in the 60s were exhibits: Slide Rules; Computer Punch Cards amd Peters six figure tables. It made me feel old even though I was then still well below retirement age. :D

Journal of Storak Swiftaxe

I left without the Wardstone having missed seeing a door. Shows how long it is since I last reached SoD!!
    I had to go back and look again. I made a minor mistake in fighting the priestess just because she was evil.
    As a result Safana was killed and Harper's Call had to be used followed by Heal.

The party has now entered Bridgefort and has spoken to Khalid.
    StummvonBordwehrGrond0EnuhalAerakar
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I got that pi reference in SoD, but I couldn't figure out how to do that button puzzle until I looked it up. Knowing the secret is 3, 1, 4 doesn't do you much good if you don't know which button is 3, which button is 1, and which button is 4.