Skip to content

January 19 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Greetings!

Enjoy the recap of today's stream

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/01/january-19-livestream-recap.html

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited January 2018
    They said they would like to put a shortcut to flip from Enhanced Edition to vanilla like Halo and Monkey Island.
    It should restore bugs to be appreciated.
    There may be a couple of features coming from Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
    Next friday I'll ask them to spoil if FRAME RATE SLIDER is included. (Has it been already asked?)
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Does PST support Multiplayer at all?

If they implement a Framerate slider, they also need to implement a way to force the Host's framerate setting over to Clients in Multiplayer, otherwise, that's a no go.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Thels said:

Does PST support Multiplayer at all?

Luckily, no.
    ThacoBelltbone1lujo
    edited January 2018
    Every Friday guests asks new Enhanced editions, especially TROIKA games but Troika died badly then I think getting codes and rights is hard.

I supposed games from Black Isle catalogue were more feasible and (lost IWD2 original code) Fallout 2 and Lionheart Legacy of the crusader only remain. But they spoke negatively about Lionheart: what did they say at 32:05? No one would buy an Enhanced edition of it?
    Post edited by rede9 on
    edited January 2018
    At 11 minutes Trent speak about better models difficulty @Shandaxx . My English is bad, what are the jargon terms: appendant and attached?
    By the way, in the end it will require an absurd amount of time but luckily NWNee is a long term project.
    [Deleted User]
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    torso, head and extremities are appended to (hung on) a skeleton, and some other, additional, elements can be attached to these primary pieces (at specific joining points, at a specific angle...)
    JuliusBorisov
    edited January 2018
    I missed the part about backporting at 15:53: PST is not a sibling of Infinity Engine games but rather a distant cousin. There are some pretty big code base difference in there even though we've done what we can to bring them together make them play nicely.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I would be happy if they backported the option to disable SPACE for advancing dialogs from PSTEE. I've probably skipped several dozens of dialog lines by accident because of it.
    edited January 2018
    argent77 said:

I would be happy if they backported the option to disable SPACE for advancing dialogs from PSTEE. I've probably skipped several dozens of dialog lines by accident because of it.

In the vanilla game the dialog window often gets stuck (maybe with longest line? Maybe due to widescreen mods? I don't remember a pattern) and only SPACE unstuck it.

Anyway, I tried to generate subtitles with youtube but still I do not understand what Phil says about Lionheart at 31:58: What does "Now you can get somebody to phone us about the rights to Crusaders no remorse and Crusaders no regret, please do it" mean?

• lujolujo Member Posts: 236
    edited January 2018
    If you'll be doing Fallou2 - I'd be VERY interested to be involved. I've done extensive Fallout 2 modding / bugfixing before and am aware of age old issues which were fixed only recently, just before the No Mutants Allowed forums died. Just saying.
    rede9
    lujo said:

If you'll be doing Fallou2 - I'd be VERY interested to be involved. I've done extensive Fallout 2 modding / bugfixing before and am aware of age old issues which were fixed only recently, just before the No Mutants Allowed forums died. Just saying.

I take Fallout 2 for granted because hitherto Beamdog has done only enhanced editions of Black Isle GAMES. Am I naive?
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Such a pity... :(

We want to stick with the role of being a curator for the Baldur’s Gate franchise, so there are no plans to officially support the Ascension mod for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition. We’ll allow it to work - yes, but we won’t include it into the game.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    But they could have made a module interface that allows mods to be detected and loaded upon selection. It would require thought on strrefs and appending of scripts and such but could have easily been a scope.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    rede9 said:

Next friday I'll ask them to spoil if FRAME RATE SLIDER is included. (Has it been already asked?)

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/33661 "There should be an option to increase framerate on IOS" was closed as a known issue.

rede9 said:

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/33661 "There should be an option to increase framerate on IOS" was closed as a known issue.
    "Unfortunately, we won't be able to get to this feature. This may have to do with how complex it would be to implement, or it's possible that we're addressing the same issue with a different solution.".
    Is the FRAME RATE SLIDER the alternative solution? No one has closed my ticket yet: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34286
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    argent77 said:

@argent77: I remember this drove me crazy in BG. I disabled it by assigning "on space" keybind to a different dialog UI element, with no action command, which has overridden the hardcoded keybind of the advance dialog button.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Some of us USE the spacebar to advance dialogue. I wouldn't want to see it gone. Wouldn't reassigning hotkeys be enough?
    rede9
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    ThacoBell said:

MrSexton said:

We want to stick with the role of being a curator for the Baldur’s Gate franchise, so there are no plans to officially support the Ascension mod for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition. We’ll allow it to work - yes, but we won’t include it into the game.

Probably for the best. It's an unofficial mod that significantly changes ToB. Not to mention the MASSIVE difficulty increase it brings. I love Ascension and never play without it, but forcing it on everyone would be a bad move.
    I respectfully disagree. I think it would be a befitting end. The end now with only one boss is kind of meh...
    It should at least be an option, say click a button in options for the Ascension ending.
    If put to a vote, I think most players would want it in.
    /J
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    As Phillip said during the livestream, - you can try to convince David Gaider about the Ascension mod (or risk he'll block you on Twitter :wink:
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    ThacoBell said:

Some of us USE the spacebar to advance dialogue. I wouldn't want to see it gone. Wouldn't reassigning hotkeys be enough?

PST:EE uses an ini setting to disable spacebar in dialogs. I think this would be a good solution for BGEE/IWDEE as well.
    bob_vengPeccaAdul

As Phillip said during the livestream, - you can try to convince David Gaider about the Ascension mod (or risk he'll block you on Twitter :wink:

Even worse, I think Phil said that if we could convince David to handle the legal stuff involved with getting Ascension officially integrated into ToB they would consider it. If David is a smart man, he'll not touch that with a ten-foot pole. Just to be on the safe side, make it twenty.

JuliusBorisov
    MrSexton said:

ThacoBell said:

MrSexton said:

Probably for the best. It's an unofficial mod that significantly changes ToB. Not to mention the MASSIVE difficulty increase it brings. I love Ascension and never play without it, but forcing it on everyone would be a bad move.
    I respectfully disagree. I think it would be a befitting end. The end now with only one boss is kind of meh...
    It should at least be an option, say click a button in options for the Ascension ending.
    If put to a vote, I think most players would want it in.
    /J
    There have been several threads debating this on this forum alone in the past. I would bet money that AT BEST you would approach about 40% wanting Ascension on by default. The majority of players don't even use mods. It just looks more prevalent here, as mostly longtime/really into the game fans post on forums.
    ronaldokanisathaRavenslight
    Ascension could be integrated as difficulty setting. By the way, the legal stuff are not manageable.
    MrSexton
  • lujolujo Member Posts: 236
    rede9 said:

I take Fallout 2 for granted because hitherto Beamdog has done only enhanced editions of Black Isle GAMES. Am I naive?

Might be an engine thing, though. Plus, it might be Bethesda who owns the licence.
    edited January 2018
    rede9 said:

Ascension could be integrated as difficulty setting. By the way, the legal stuff are not manageable.

I would agree if you would only add the improved bosses as a new 'difficulty level'. And even with that I would hesitate. However, Ascension as a whole adds many more than just difficulty levels of the bosses.

Post edited by Doubledimas on
    ThacoBell
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    ThacoBell said:

There have been several threads debating this on this forum alone in the past. I would bet money that AT BEST you would approach about 40% wanting Ascension on by default. The majority of players don't even use mods. It just looks more prevalent here, as mostly longtime/really into the game fans post on forums.

I am a resolute no-mods player myself, but would love to see the option of both SCS and Ascension appearing at the top end of the difficulty slider. For those of us who do not play mods, the only way we will ever make sense of the community staples is if they get integrated into the main game in some form.

I think the reputation of SCS as a way to create a real raise in difficulty (vs. simply adjusting a few numbers) would merit real interest, if the presumable IP issues could be worked out. Similar goes for ascension, which while played less, has a stronger claim for a pedigree related to the original dev team.

Other than these two mods, I can't think of any others that I routinely hear rate as 'ubiquitous'. There are more than a few popular mods, but these two, and just these two, stand out.
    The problem is that 1.Ascension is more than a difficulty increase, it changes a LOT about ToB, from banters to abilities, even encounter resolution.
    2. I wouldn't want ascension to just be "the end of the difficulty slider". Its already plenty hard just on normal with that final battle. I also don't typically use the tougher bhaalspawn component, so that would need to an all separate option as well.

Having it just a checkbox or a spot on the slider doesn't even come close to making fair or even desirable for all players.
    GreenWarlocktbone1kanisathaBelegCuthalion