Skip to content

How to dispose of items?

I'm sorry if this has been answered (probably has), but I've been searching and haven't found a solution. Is there anyway to dispose of items that can't be sold or have no value? Junk, basically? I usually just throw it on the ground but it never seems to despawn. I've tried testing it, waited 72 hours in game and it's still lying all over the street. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Does it have to disappear? Just leave it somewhere and walk away. Though non-essential items are supposed to despawn after about 8 hours. Either after leaving the area or resting should make it go away after 8 hours. If they are sticking around, they may be key items.
  • TescTesc Member Posts: 2
    I guess it doesn't have to disappear. I don't know, I'm just ocd about having junk laying around everywhere.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited January 2018
    You can drop things into any barrel or chest you find if you don't want to litter the Sword Coast. Some items don't disappear like the normal loot and this is intended. You normally see it when they have this *sack* icon on the ground instead of one representing a specific item.
    It's a flag in the itm-file that controls it.