Skip to content

[MOD] PS:T Unfinished Business - Reloaded

Comments

• lujolujo Member Posts: 236
    The thing is that the ring uses the same streff as it's identified and nonidentified name.

Also - the thing with angering golems, the feedbacks should then be:
    "Touching the downstairs compartments angers the golem upstairs, making it look like applying the salve angers the upstairs golem. It also kinda doesn't make sense."

Oh, and I'm reporting some bugs, so if you don't mind helping out with one bit of info - does setting traps to 100 difficulty mean they become undisableable?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    lujo said:

The thing is that the ring uses the same streff as it's identified and nonidentified name.

Yeah, that's because the ring name can't be found in the game's dialog.tlk. I'll add a new string to the mod.
    lujo said:

Also - the thing with angering golems, the feedbacks should then be:

"Touching the downstairs compartments angers the golem upstairs, making it look like applying the salve angers the upstairs golem. It also kinda doesn't make sense."
    Their scripting is restricted, as both golems are based on the same creature. It makes identifying them individually rather difficult. I haven't found a way to improve their behavior that works in both PSTEE and classic PST.
    lujo said:

Oh, and I'm reporting some bugs, so if you don't mind helping out with one bit of info - does setting traps to 100 difficulty mean they become undisableable?

Yes, traps with difficulty 100 can't be disarmed. The same applies to locks with 100 lock strength, which can't be picked or bashed. A Knock spell may still work though.
    lujo
    Thank you a lot for the info, there's traps missflagged as 100 worth and there's 100 str. traps which would be better off as regular ones.

Feedback: Able Ponder-Thought seems to be capable of researching things in the same conversation as when you ask him to. As in, you ask him, and instead of it taking him some time, you can immediately ask about it and get a reply.

Question: Do you know if Curst restorations from UB messed up locks in the Curst prison? In the sense that it changed what the keys are to various doors on the Curst prison map?

lujo said:

Feedback: Able Ponder-Thought seems to be capable of researching things in the same conversation as when you ask him to. As in, you ask him, and instead of it taking him some time, you can immediately ask about it and get a reply.

Is that still the case? I thought one of the early betas has fixed this issue. Does it always happen or only for specific topics or conversation branches?
    lujo said:

Question: Do you know if Curst restorations from UB messed up locks in the Curst prison? In the sense that it changed what the keys are to various doors on the Curst prison map?

The mod does only add several actors to the prison map.
    lujo
    I'll check. The only thing I was able to ask him was whether he could look up deceased people who looked like me (not even sure what triggers it).
    I was able to improve Sheryl's dialog somewhat. You can now ask her the usual bunch of generic questions even after she told you of her plight.

Regarding the golems in Lothar's home, I thought about adding another dialog line that is used when you raised the golem's "alert level" by unlocking one of the containers.
    [spoiler]This is the line that is currently shown unconditionally:
    The golem's massive frame resembles an enormous ghoul, complete with sharp claws and a black tongue. It stands motionless and stares straight ahead. There is no indication that it is more than a simple statue.
    This is the updated line when you've drawn the golem's attention:
    The golem's massive frame resembles an enormous ghoul, complete with sharp claws and a black tongue. Its eyes are fixed on you and follow each of your movements. Apart from that, there is no further indication that it is more than a simple statue.
    Thoughts?
    [/spoiler]
    lujobob_veng
  • SoulReaverSoulReaver Member Posts: 33
    Here's my suggestion.

[spoiler]
    This is the updated line when you've drawn the golem's attention:
    The golem's massive frame resembles an enormous ghoul, complete with sharp claws and a black tongue. Its gaze seems to be firmly locked onto you, its eyes following wherever you go. Apart from that, there is no further indication that it is more than a simple statue.
    [/spoiler]

argent77
  • stibiusstibius Member Posts: 18
    What about this?

The golem's massive frame resembles an enormous ghoul, complete with sharp claws and a black tongue. It's gaze seems to be firmly locked onto you, it's eyes following your every move. Apart from that, there is no indication that it is more than a simple statue.

argent77
    Sounds good, too. But I think they don't read as smoothly because of the two clauses starting with 'its'.
    edited January 2018
    "Its gaze" not "It's gaze". I think. That might have been mine, I managed to major in English and never fully come to terms with the apostrophe in English.

I like the sentence with two its, has rhytm to it.
    argent77
  • stibiusstibius Member Posts: 18
    You're right. It's supposed to be its. I rewrote it a bit:

The golem's massive frame resembles an enormous ghoul, complete with sharp claws and a black tongue. Its gaze seems to be firmly locked onto you, its eyes following your every move. Apart from that, there is no indication that it's anything more than a simple statue.

lujo
    I like it except one word in it, I noticed in-game just now. The "simple" statue somehow doesn't feel right, like it's a word too much, and it kinda comes up at the end of a longish paragraph of looking at what's supposed to be... a simple statue. Comes across as a bit naive or something. Try all that without the simple, I think, it'll be better.
    I thought about removing the last sentence completely, as it feels strange to mention its moving eyes, followed by stating that it could still be a statue (simple or not).
    lujo
    You can remove the "simple" from the other description too, I think. I don't have the updated version, it struck me as a word too many there.
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'll probably stick with my initial version, but remove the 'simple' from the first description and remove the last sentence from the second variant.
    lujo
    I'm locking the mod now in preparation for the first stable release. Any pending additions or non-critical fixes will be dealt with after the release.

I'm still looking for translators for the following languages: Italian, Polish, Russian and Spanish. If you're interested, shoot me a PM or post in this topic.
    All right but you know I need to still do the editing work on the Dreambuilder quest (it really shouldn't be called "expanded Deinoarra's truth", it has nohing to do with her) and check Able Ponder Thought.
    Srry, update - Able still researches "deceased similar to you" in the same conversation. Also Ravel. Not sure if you can get him to research anything else.

He gives Ravel info wihout any research, if you just ask him (and seems to repeat it if you ask him to research).
    edited January 2018
    lujo said:

All right but you know I need to still do the editing work on the Dreambuilder quest (it really shouldn't be called "expanded Deinoarra's truth", it has nohing to do with her)...

This would be a pretty big change, that should be tackled after the first stable version is out.

Regarding Abel, I couldn't find anything wrong when I tested it some time ago. I'll try again with the latest beta.
    I've tested the Able Ponder-Thought dialog again and could find no coding issues with his research topics. However, there may be a design flaw. It is possible to ask him to research all three subjects at the same time. Regardless how many subjects you have asked for, he will present all answers after a single day.

It might be possible to change his dialog structure, so that you can only ask him to do research on one topic at a time. I'll add it to my to-do list.

The topic about Ravel is handled unusually, but still correctly. He will tell you some common infos about her without doing research. After researching the topic he will tell you just a tiny bit more, before the conversation returns to the dialog branch with the more common info.
    lujo
    edited January 2018
    He presented the answers to me in the exact same conversation. Like, you ask him, then ask him whether he has researched something without leaving the conversation, and he'll just have it researched. I can upload you the save game.

Edit: Uploaded. If he can not research all 3, console up the relevant triggers for them.
    Interesting. Able's dialog works fine with my own saves. I had to wait a full day before the dialog option appeared. With your save I was able to get his research result immediately.
    lujo
    God, I hope I don't get that reply for the 1 000 000 bugs I reported on the official bugreport forums :(
    It might have something to do with current party composition. I was testing with a small party while your save contained the full set of available party members (except Ignus). Maybe the many interjections from Morte, Grace or Annah interfere with the timer. I'll look into it further.
    Might be although I actually tested with only Dak'kon and Annah, too, and the bug was the same.
    edited January 2018
    After some more testing I'm pretty certain that the issue is caused by a game bug that is related to current game time. The timer doesn't appear to work correctly if game time is too high.

I've initially tested the dialog with an early save from the Mortuary (using console to teleport), which didn't trigger the bug. In a regular run you would always run into this issue, since Clerk's Ward is available rather late in the game.
    lujo
    A word of advice - add the generalized biffing as an automatic install component until that bug is fixed. Otherwise you just know that even fairly clever folks will mess their game up. The nature of that bug is such that you only notice that you messed the game up once you exit the Modron Cube, and you can enter it and spend hours in there before you go out, and then it might be alltogether too late to apply the biffing.
    edited January 2018
    Generalized Biffing can only be safely installed once in the modding queue. It wouldn't make sense to force-install it for this mod if you plan to install more mods afterwards. A warning in the mod's readme has to suffice.

It would also interfere with BWS, which already auto-installs Generalized Biffing for PSTEE.
    BWS?
    edited January 2018
    lujo said:

BWS?

BWS!