Skip to content

*.tra files on Android Version?

Hello guys,

I've figured out how to add custom portraits and sounds to the Android Version of IWD:EE. However, I'm not sure what I should do with the .tra file that comes with a sound set.

Also, is there an easy way to rename a sound set without individually renaming every wav file?

Thanks!

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @martinistripes, welcome to the forum...

The .tra is used by WeiDU to edit the dialog.tlk (contains the subtitles) and charsnd.2da (for adding the soundset)... Have a look here for some 'Awesome Soundsets' but more importantly for yourself, a shell that allows you to add your own custom sets (you will need a PC to assist in initial installation prior to creating modfile for moving to Android). May or may not help (depending on your access to a PC), but all the editing is done by the shell. If you haven't yet created a modfile for Android, place a question here and assistance will be given.

As far as renaming multiple files, I use Bulk Rename Utility (free for personal/private use) which is reasonably easy to learn and quick.

Hope that helps
    Gus
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • martinistripesmartinistripes Member Posts: 20
    Thanks, Gus. I haven't created a modfile for Android before. I was just manually copying files across to the 'Android/Data/com.beamdog.icewindale/files' folder. Any direction in creating a modfile would be appreciated.
    JuliusBorisov
    @martinistripes, a couple of questions..

Do you have the PC version of IWDEE as well? I mod my PC version first then make the modfile out of that so that I have the same mods and can copy my saved game between them. Actually, I don't any more but when I had my table I did. I use a hybrid notebook these days but still maintain a version on my phone if the 'must play now' feeling comes up...

Do you intend to mod BG series as well? If so, we can do it the long (more correct) way because of different versions between the devices.

I am guessing that your skills in moving around android and PC file systems are good. As part of the toolset, I use WinRAR on PC and ES File Explorer on Android for packing/unpacking.

As a starter, have a read of this discussion and download 'centralfix.exe' from there; and based upon the answers to the Qs, we can create the modfile the easy way or the long way. I also find that for the first modfile, it is better to start with somethink like Tweaks Anthology and select only a couple of components until you understand the process. Once you understand what is happening, your mod list can grow.

Enjoy the read
    Gus
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
    I own IWDEE on Android, and just regular IWD/HoW/IWD2 on PC.

I followed your link to the discussion. The instructions seem simple enough. The problem is when I open my Icewind Dale folder in Android/OBB there are no files listed. I have hidden files and system files set to visible in Windows Explorer. I have seen files there previously (months ago) and I'm wondering if it's because I'm now running the beta version.

The only mod I'd really like to add is the Awesome Soundsets Vol. 2 (voices from IWD2).
    Cancel my last post, the files are there now. I believe the game was still open in the background on my tablet -that's why the files didn't appear in explorer.
    JuliusBorisov
    Hi @martinistripes, how did it all go? Need any assistance?
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov