Skip to content

Working on a Portrait Pack - Some Peek Previews inside

blinkdogblinkdog Member Posts: 32
edited February 2018 in Fan Creations
I've been working on some Matte-Painted portraits for my own personal use for a little bit, kind of a merger style between BG and BGII, but seeing the reaction I got on tumblr, decided to work on a portrait pack! One or two of these may end up being used for the mods I have lined up with @thenegaverse as well, but we'll see as the stories get further developed (I'm the writer, but we'll see what lands our level designer wants to take us to, thus editing the outfitting). Some of these, since they were for personal use aren't as 'changed' as I would like from the original photo used, so before releasing it, I would probably merge it with a few other people's features and paint over it more as to differentiate it from the original work. Anyway, that's sort of the style the portraits would be looking like.

The first portrait I've been using for one of my story characters and a Bard I rolled a 97 for in BG:EE, and the last two portraits I've been using for a Beastmaster I rolled a 98 for in BG:EE and have since ported to BG:ToB (I will spend HOURS rolling). I'm considering the first portrait for an NPC in one of the mods, but we'll see. Anyway, I'll try and find some consistency while I work on the pack, but it should end up somewhere in these lines.

@thenegaverse @LavaDelVortel here's some of them!

Post edited by blinkdog on
ThacoBellLavaDelVortelAerakarlefreutGusindaJuliusBorisovSanctiferashafetovlolienRaduziel

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Nice! :) Thanks for tagging me! BTW, I think they have this IWD atmosphere, even though most IWD portraits show full body. Just a thought though :) I hope to see more once they are ready! :) Cheers!
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    Wow, friend @blinkdog, these are amazing works! Thank you for the peek!
    JuliusBorisov
  • blinkdogblinkdog Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2018
    @Atrophiederic oh thank you so much! I'm glad people enjoy them. I haven't been working on them the past week or so due to some unforseen issues arising but what can you do, haha. Anyway, the mods are still in story stage, and that's going strong, so we're very excited to find the right 'look' (and voice!) for the chars. I have one of those voices where I'm borderline can sound like a guy if pitched down a bit or can sound like a very high pitched fey if tweaked. Versatile skillset, hahah.

Post edited by blinkdog on