Skip to content

BG2 Redux : Athkatla - DA Mod - Irenicus!

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @rimaan The project had already begun for Module 1 when I joined the team. DA has fairly good lighting and model support though... so I just went with the flow.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited September 2012
    @Cuv. stupid question here but ill give it a go : Is there any chance of making a mod, that actually could make it possible to use your map in BG:EE II? The map your making/make for the redux edt.
  • rimaanrimaan Member Posts: 12
    @Cuv But woudn`t it have been a lot easier, since you could have just used the nwn2 ruleset or am i talking nonsens?
    thx for the answer btw :)
    @lordkim. You really like my maps that much eh? Hehe, suppose I could make a mod that replaces for BG2:EE!

@rimaan Probably, but it was the new thing. If you want to use the assets to make it in NWN2 engine, you can when it's released:D
    lordkimAndreaColomboRyrythegreat
  • RyrythegreatRyrythegreat Member Posts: 1
    Simply amazeing.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited September 2012

THIS is just INCREDIBLE! They really put alot of emotion in that dragon age engine scene and did the movements correctly! Irenicus Reborn and the other main characters!
    Dahlialynn
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Kaliesto

Yeah, @Cuv is one of the people working on that DA mod. I merged your thread with the one he created.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited September 2012
    I still couldn't believe what I was seeing, I haven't seen that much ambition for a modding cutscene ever.

I really believe BeamDog would "love" you on their team, I can't believe you recreated the promenade of Athkatla!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Well, technically @Cuv is part of the team- the beta testing team, at least :-)
    Cuv
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    edited September 2012

Bloody amazing - a lot of you will have seen this, but for those of you that haven't, watch it!

I'm a cynic of fan-made videos, but this was awesome.
    NielsKunddahl
  • RoutsRouts Member Posts: 7
    I've watched the first one but didn't know they made a second. Thanks for sharing.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Been posted several times on this forum already. The original is in the modding section, here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4026/bg2-redux-athkatla-da-mod-irenicus/p1
    Cuvlordkim
  • Sort of looks clumsy to me, a hand-drawn cartoon or a cinematic could accomplish a lot more imo.
    Still interesting to see though, thanks for posting.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    So did DA:O...

But this rules :P
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2012
    It looks amazing. They really managed to match each character's spoken lines with meaningful gestures and facial expressions.

For example Irenicus' movements really show disdain, the thieves show terrified, frenzied movements, Imoen is twitchy, panicky...

I think they not only captured the feel of the original cut-scene but used the DA technology to add another layer of depth to it.
    DahlialynnCuv
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Merged the threads.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Very impressive work!
    AndreaColombo
  • This is great, watching the movie made my day!
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Tanthalas said:

Merged the threads.

Thanks @Tanthalas.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Wow! That's amazing. Good job! I look forward to seeing the rest in game.
  • NielsKunddahlNielsKunddahl Member Posts: 5
    The best modding work i have seen.
    AndreaColomboCuvXanthulBelgarathMTH
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Wow that looks awesome!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Hi, I just tried this. It's freaking amazing! I can't believe how it brings Irenicus' dungeon and the four npc's in there to glorious 3-D life!

I also can't believe I didn't know about this project. Is there any news about when module number 2 with the City of Athkatla might be released? I see that it's been over two years since module 1 was released.
    @belgarathmth Module 2 is still in production. There is no set release date for it yet.
  • gabriel0307gabriel0307 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I decided to create an account in this forum just to congratulate you for this exceptional peace of work. I really hope the mod goes gold so that I can enjoy it. Any chances to recreate a party of 6 rather than 4?
    Cuv
    @gabriel0307 I am afraid not on the 6 person party. Something might change in the future, but currently we have nobody skilled enough to not only rebuild the main GUI flash file nor an easy way to make use of it if that were done. The best we can do is the Dog Slot... but that looks hoaky. So that could potentially be 5, but we are not concentrating on that aspect yet. Perhaps the next module.
  • gabriel0307gabriel0307 Member Posts: 4
    @Cuv thats fine, I knew I was asking for too much :)
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    Cuv said:

Hello everyone -

@Cuv: BGR Module 2 Project Lead/Level Design
    @DahliaLynn: Module 2 Opening Cinematic Designer
    @Ablaine : Character/Organic Lead Modeller
    @DarthParametric : Environment/Level Lead Modeller
    @Piet: Environmental Modeller/Textures

Cuv

All of you -- amazing, amazing amazing work! I can't wait to actually play it in DA. It may be the one mod that I actually play from that toolset!