2»

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Awesome, thanks @Dragonfolk2000
  • AncientGrendelAncientGrendel Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2017
    Linux Mint 17.3 x86_64 KDE
    AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    xserver-xorg-video-ati Version 1:7.3.0-1ubunto3.1 (Switching to the fglrx drivers is not an option. They break the entire installation.)

NWN:EE > ./beamdogClient-2.1.3-x86_64.AppImage /tmp/.mount_GlFTXw installed: X-AppImage-BuildId=81b9d8c0-626c-11a7-2cfb-11ea8d6540c3 image: X-AppImage-BuildId=81b9d8c0-626c-11a7-2cfb-11ea8d6540c3 A JavaScript error occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: Error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_GlFTXw/usr/bin/bd/linux/libbeamdog.so) at Error (native) at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20) at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:583:18) at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20) at Module.load (module.js:473:32) at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12) at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3) at Module.require (module.js:483:17) at require (internal/module.js:20:19) at Object.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_GlFTXw/usr/bin/resources/app.asar/bd.js:53:18) at Module._compile (module.js:556:32) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:565:10) at Module.load (module.js:473:32) at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12) at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3) at Module.require (module.js:483:17)

I tried running it in a root terminal (I think I can trust you...):
    NWN:EE # ./beamdogClient-2.1.3-x86_64.AppImage /tmp/.mount_ic7CDN ** (zenity:8900): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/16x16/status/dialog-information.png' (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/16x16/status/dialog-information.png' (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/32x32/status/dialog-information.png' (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/16x16/status/dialog-information.png' (zenity:8900): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/oxymentary/32x32/status/dialog-information.png' /usr/local/share/applications/appimagekit-beamdogClient.desktop: warning: value "Beamdog Client" for key "Comment" in group "Desktop Entry" looks redundant with value "Beamdog Client" of key "Name" xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found. A JavaScript error occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: Error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_ic7CDN/usr/bin/bd/linux/libbeamdog.so) at Error (native) at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20) at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:583:18) at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20) at Module.load (module.js:473:32) at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12) at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3) at Module.require (module.js:483:17) at require (internal/module.js:20:19) at Object.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_ic7CDN/usr/bin/resources/app.asar/bd.js:53:18) at Module._compile (module.js:556:32) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:565:10) at Module.load (module.js:473:32) at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12) at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3) at Module.require (module.js:483:17)

In both cases I got the window asking if I wanted the icons installed and clicked [Yes]. The icon showed up in my applications menu but attempting to run it failed. I got a new tab on the taskbar but it eventually just quit without anything showing up.

So I thought this might be relevant:
    apt show libstdc++6:amd64 Package: libstdc++6 State: installed Automatically installed: no Multi-Arch: same Version: 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3

Thanks for your assistance.

Edit:

Additionally, the Beamdog Client installation didn't actually exit. It just hung and I killed it with Ctrl+C in both attempts.
  • Dethangels_ShadowDethangels_Shadow Member Posts: 10

Thanks for the feedback.

Added "Make sure you click on the language button in the Beamdog Client on the Drop-down and manually pick Head Start (see English-Head Start on the screenshot below)!" to the OP.

This is, perhaps, the most important part of the information. Perhaps it's really a test? :evil: (where's that emoji? I miss it!) :lol:
  • ZandelarZandelar Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2017
    Issue is as follows;
    I purchased the NWN EE DD for a friend. He received the emails, downloaded the client, went to the website and entered the key. The strange thing is under the "My Games" tab on his account page it is only showing the standard english version, however on the "My Games" tab on my account page I have an additional NWN EE DD game and it takes me to the page with the "Get Started" button. I can provide the order number for the transaction if this will help get this sorted. As well on his client no matter which option he selects from the dropdown it takes him to the "Buy Now" page. Please help!

Update 12/11/17-So we have now gotten the game the head start to show up on his beamdog client, but is the english head start and not the Digital Deluxe. I purchased the digital deluxe...I tried to file a support ticket but the system would not let me complete it.. Any help would be appreciated.
    Post edited by Zandelar on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Zandelar said:

Issue is as follows;
    I purchased the NWN EE DD for a friend. He received the emails, downloaded the client, went to the website and entered the key. The strange thing is under the "My Games" tab on his account page it is only showing the standard english version, however on the "My Games" tab on my account page I have an additional NWN EE DD game and it takes me to the page with the "Get Started" button. I can provide the order number for the transaction if this will help get this sorted. As well on his client no matter which option he selects from the dropdown it takes him to the "Buy Now" page. Please help!

Update 12/11/17-So we have now gotten the game the head start to show up on his beamdog client, but is the english head start and not the Digital Deluxe. I purchased the digital deluxe...I tried to file a support ticket but the system would not let me complete it.. Any help would be appreciated.

@Zandelar Send a message to support@beamdog.com
  • ZandelarZandelar Member Posts: 7

Zandelar said:

Issue is as follows;

@Zandelar Send a message to support@beamdog.com
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks! Sent!
  • therdretherdre Member Posts: 79
    Do you get a steam key for the head start or do you get the steam key when the game actually releases? Thanks
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    You get a Steam key when the game releases on Steam, assuming you ask for the Steam key.
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    Hello everyone! I'm really excited about Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition and had often wondered if and when it would be developed if at all. I intend to run it under wine like I'm running the original NWN.
  • StSBossStSBoss Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I just bought NWN EE. I downloaded the head start. When I click play I get this error message. Please help. THANKS!

The Beamdog Client encountered an error trying to run Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (English - Head Start). Please contact Beamdog support and mention exit code: 3221225781
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @StSBoss You can try the suggestions on this page.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722

@StSBoss You can try the suggestions on this page.

If that doesn't help, please, file your problem on support.baldursgate.com
  • GanakaGanaka Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    NVM... Haha... Got confused between website and client.
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    Hello I have downloaded and can play the game but for some reason I cannot resize my UI I click it and it will not change from 1x has this not been fully implemented yet?

Hello I have downloaded and can play the game but for some reason I cannot resize my UI I click it and it will not change from 1x has this not been fully implemented yet?

Check this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67120/ui-scaling-what-should-we-expect#latest It's still on the to-do list.
  • NotsonobleNotsonoble Member Posts: 6
    VivienneL said:

Hello everyone! I'm really excited about Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition and had often wondered if and when it would be developed if at all. I intend to run it under wine like I'm running the original NWN.

So as someone who's also running the original Diamond Edition in wine, I was hoping that the EE in linux would be better behaved. It installed quickly and loads, but sound is weird (randomly loud and quiet) and framerate is WAY lower than under wine. HOWEVER, I'm willing to help troubleshoot this. I'd like to see the native client get some love and care. If people will let me know what info they need from me, I'll at least be a test dummy.

Thanks
    Notsonoble
    Okay, so some of this is in the Ambient Occlusion, but it shouldn't be this drastic of a difference I think for the machine I'm using.

3.8 GHz i7-7700HQ (2.8 up to 3.8 GHz – 6MB Cache – 4 Cores – 8 Threads)
    Intel® HD Graphics 630
    16 GB DDR3

True that's integrated, but it's MODERN integrated, and all the other enhanced edition effects don't change the performance at all.
  • ArxerisdamArxerisdam Member Posts: 2
    Hi ! i need a little help, when trying to play any module (including game campaing ) the game says it can unpack and load the modules, does anyone knows whats going on ?

Thanks in advance!
    @Notsonoble Developers are working on Ambient Occlusion. If it affects your performance, turn it off; it's an advanced effect.
    @JuliusBorisov I do know that it's an advanced effect, I also know that while it does, in the end it shouldn't based on what they've said in the friday streams, eventually. I was merely posting my experience. :)

Also, anyone else have an issue where the mouse cursor is behind menus and popups? If so I'll report, if not I'll see if its a config issue.
  • DamastLDamastL Member Posts: 6
    Hey guys! Hi all!! I think have a problem/question. I've bought today the version of NWN EE. In the section "My Account" I have two key, "The Game Key" and "The Steam Key". Install on steam but I have not tried it yet. Then I tried to install it from the beamdog client and if I try to download the "English Head start" it tells me that I have to buy the game. I wanted to understand if then I can use only one of the two keys that are put in the beamdog.
    I seemed to have read that those who would buy the game initially, would then have had the opportunity to play on steam, so I thought you could do the opposite. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll waiting your help! Ty so much :D
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    @Notsonoble
    We've seen a few instances where the mouse shows up behind a window, I believe several of them on Linux.
    If you could file those instances in Redmine after confirm it isn't due to mod content, it'd be much appreciated.

@DamastL
    Hi there!

You currently cannot purchase from Steam, you only get access from it either from a code granted by the developers, or by having pre-purchased on the Beamdog store.

Did you ensure to opt into the head start via the instructions on the first post of this thread? Once you do that, you can switch the drop-down in the Beamdog Client to English-Head Start and attempt to download from there.

The Steam key, you would redeem in steam, whereas the Game key is your CD key which is used to identify you in Multiplayer.
  • VifurPLVifurPL Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2018
    It's over 27 III 2018 so should we replace Head Start with the regular version or it doesn't matter?

I'm asking because my Head Start Deluxe gets really laggy when I try to find online serwers on the internet, doesn't show any and the game crashes when i try to use Cancel button.
    @VifurPL Hello! Do those online problems still happen for you now?
    About replacing the Head Start Version - right now, it doesn't matter. You can choose the retail version in the drop-down menu, though.
  • VifurPLVifurPL Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2018
    Hey there!
    I've just checked out and the problem does not appear anymore :)
    Thanks for info.
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    So there's an update of 10GB. I have a few questions:

1. What's the difference betwixt an update and a patch? Is there any crossover?
    2. Does the update incorporate any of the1.72 community Shadoow update?
    3. Where is the list of changes/fixes?