Skip to content

Off Topic - List of games that you would like to be remade

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Just a little off topic (from Baldur's Gate). Let's put here a list of games that you all want remade (i don't mean the infinite engine or BG alike games, but any game).

Well lemme start this:

1° - Final Fantasy III SNES (VI in playstation)
2° - Chrono Trigger SNES
3° - Legend of Dragoon PSX
4° - Demon's Crest SNES
5° - Flashback SNES
6° - Breath of Fire 1 SNES
7° - Breath of Fire 3 PSX
8° - Ogre Battle 64 N64
9° - Terranigma SNES
10° - Chrono Cross PSX

Well anyone has an old game that would like to see released in PC or one of the new games plataforms?

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Final Fantasy Tactics.

I know it's technically already been "remade." Gimme that re-release in a non-buggy format for PC or Android, Square! It's already on iPhone...
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Final Fantasy IX, damn it!; really slept on.
    Surprised to see your number 3; great atmosphere that game has.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Too many JRPGs, I refuse to stalk this thread until the presence of more WRPGs.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just saw today in facebook a post of Super Mario RPG from SNES, another awersome game.
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691

I'd love to see a remake of Morrowind.

http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    LBA2!

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    age of empires #1 (Yea I know there is Empire Earth and a few other similar games, but I'd like to see a real remake of aoe).
  • SerephSereph Member Posts: 23
    Not an rpg in the strictest sense, and not even a computer game, but I would love to see a graphics overhaul on Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, especially MM. Just dont touch the content, at all. Dont add anything or edit anything, I just want it to look pretty haha
    @Sereph, nice idea, but an overhaul on N64 zelda's are in order, as both games where too easy, so much that later the ocarina of time get an official mini remake called "Master Quest" that hardened all the game battles.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited September 2012
    I want them to make an Ultima 1: HD
    ;)
    Lol this one need to be reborn!!
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    edited September 2012
    Final Fantasy Tactics. Not that PSP bullshit either. Or even better, give it a sequel that isn't kid friendly garbage on the gameboy/DS. Console/PC remake or sequel, PRETTY PLEASE SQUARE. Even though Square hasn't been good in years, I HAVE FAITH.
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Secret of Mana
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    edited September 2012
    Syndicate
    Moonstone
    Cannon Fodder
    Post edited by Khamill on
    Just found a while ago that Legend of Dragoon 2 project was shut down :(, sad news.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    edited September 2012
    @Yovaneth - Morrowind Overhaul looks sweet. Kinda what i wanted Oblivion to be. An updated Morrowind rather than the dumbed-down console rubbish that it was. Bookmarked, Thanks.

Oh, and i`d like for Fallout 1&2 to be updated. Fallout tactics engine should have had better dialogue tree function to allow for a total conversion, but last i read that was a no-go.
    Fallout probally is in Beamdog list of EEs, i believe.
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    1. Speedball 2
    2. Eye of the Beholder (atleast I and II)
    3. Hired Guns
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @mch202 : Hey, *I* wanted to mention that game D:

But it is true, the LBA games held and still hold a lot of promise, they could easily be developed into either a new sequel or into a remake that could sell well. A game for kids, with a story that is actually much darker and grimmer than one might think. It's also very well thought throughout. It's definitely the game that made my youth.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I'd love to see Thief: The Dark Project and The Metal Age remade or fixed for modern computers. I had so much fun with those games and waiting for The Metal Age to come out was the most exciting and frustrating thing!

Judging by the number of Thief avatars on this forum, I can't be the only one.
  • KlonoaKlonoa Member Posts: 93
    BoF3 was my favourite and its history was unfortunate that it got eclipsed by FFVII. I think Capcom pretty much stopped caring about it after that. 4 was pretty but I didn't like the story so much, but some glorious 3d love and better art, I'd be all over that :)
  • Blakes7Blakes7 Member Posts: 83
    If Obsidian were to remake the first 7 Ultima's that would be cool. Also the Krondor and Gold Box games. Off the top of my head...

@Moomintroll I'll second someone remaking the Thief games and I'll throw in the System Shocks for good measure.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    TIE Figher/X-Wing Series. Nothing has come close to those games for me in scratching a certain kind of itch.
    Well not much love for the JRPGs here i see :(!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2012
    Freespace: silent strike (I'm using it as an example, but of the freespace/freespace:silent strike/freespace 2 campaigns it is by far the worst). Yea there has been a lot of fan work dealing with this and other aspects of the fs/fs2 storylines, but I'd like to see a professional remake/new game from that series.
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    Resident Evil 2
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Privateer 2! With not a bad cast for the few cutscenes; Clive Owen, John Hurt, David Warner, Brian Blessed..
    Thief first of course, though I can't help feeling that saying it needs remaking is a small blasphemy.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Mail Order Monsters.
  • AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 110

Resident Evil 2

It would be cool if Capcom eventually did REmake Resident Evil 2 and 3, like they did with the first one.