Skip to content

Stupid AI

Hey guys,

Is there any setting/mod to make the AI be a bit smarter than "lock in forever on target" ? It is so easy to micromanage the AI by just having one character walk around while others are shooting him with arrows or magic.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    SCS
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    Link ?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Sword Coast Stratagems (http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/). But it doesn't support IWD (regular or EE).
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
    Wait, it doesn't? Well, shoot. Sorry about that @saox
    JuliusBorisov
    Ah okay. Is there anything else out there to make the dumb AI behave ?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @saox, you could have a look at Sarevok57's Mega Icewind Dale Mod.

Gus
    JuliusBorisovsarevok57semiticgoddess
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Post 2.5 patch SCS may be usable with IWD via EET installation. We can dream :).
    EET installation ?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    saox said:

EET installation ?

Enhanced Edition Trilogy. Basically a huge mod that let's you play BG1+SoD+BG2 as one continuous game.
    ThacoBell
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @saox is talking about IWD so i don't think EET is going to work here?
    sarevok57 said:

@saox is talking about IWD so i don't think EET is going to work here?

I believe EET was mentioned because adding IWD to EET has been an ongoing project.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Just make yourself invisible. Every enemy in sight will suddenly surround you and crowd you so much you can't move. AI doesn't get any better than that!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @sarevok57 How does your mod works?

It improves AI/Resources for a higher difficult or

Acts like a LoB/HoF, giving the enemies boosts in stats, classes and HP?

Thanks
    @Raduziel

first of all, all spell casters have been completely overhauled, instead of just having a couple of spells then going to melee like chumps, their spell books are filled, and they will go through their spell books before they go melee ( or ranged )

elite type characters will also have extra abilities associated with them that they will use in combat ( things like haste or rage or maybe even called shot or kai strike sort of thing )

lots of enemies will use potions as well when their health is lower to help give them a fighting chance

and some enemies will even use wands or other potions as well

but all of this is based on the difficulty you are playing on, for instance, if you are only playing on core rules, then enemies might just using a standard healing potion in fights and perhaps only one of their special abilities, and they won't be blasting off their best spells, but the higher you go in difficulty, the more abilities/items enemies will use and the better spells they will use and the stronger enemies will be ( having improved versions of certain enemies) and more enemies you will encounter

now perhaps the AI might not be perfect, but it is at least A LOT better than what IWD EE had before, ( at least on core rules or higher, not sure how easy "easy" difficulty is, since enemies will basically be complete chumps ) but if you try your best to exploit the AI as much as possible then yes, it still might be easy, but when i did my trial run on insane difficulty with double damage on, double XP off, it was living up to it's name with being insane, some fights were diabolically brutal, and even though im not a fan of ascension or SCS, i could only imagine this is what ascension or SCS would incorporate sometimes

so i say, worse case scenario, if the base IWD EE is being kind of a bore, just use this mod, and worse case scenario if you don't like it, all you have to do is copy paste your original talk file back, and just delete everything in the override folder ( make a back up of this before you install my mod )
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Seems nice. I was afraid that it was one of those mods like "let's give everyone 25 in every stat, +200 HP and +12 APR".

Extra items, more enemies and class abilities for them are totally fine with my gameplay style.

Thanks!

PS: Why aren't you using Weidu?
    JuliusBorisov
    Raduziel said:

Seems nice. I was afraid that it was one of those mods like "let's give everyone 25 in every stat, +200 HP and +12 APR".

Extra items, more enemies and class abilities for them are totally fine with my gameplay style.

Thanks!

PS: Why aren't you using Weidu?

i didn't use weidu because i have no idea how to use weidu, although sometime this summer if i have time, i might check it out and see how it goes and try and figure it out then
    JuliusBorisov