Skip to content

Dorn's story by Dave Gross (Dragon+)

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Dragon+'s new issue is out.

It comes with the original story of Dorn Il-Khan by Dave Gross.

There's even a fifth edition character sheet for Dorn available for download now!
lolienGusinda[Deleted User]BladeDancerelminsterRodrianZaghoulCalmarGrimjackMVGenderNihilismGirdleFina92Blackbɨrd

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Unless he's got some other bonus, I think technically rancor would be 2d6+5 damage. In 5e you don't add proficiency bonuses to a weapons damage.
    JuliusBorisovRodrianNimran
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    I thought he had 14con but whatever...
    JuliusBorisov
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I think this is really cool! I like it so much that the creators of 5E acknowledge BG so often. I don't mind 'canon' much, to me, the recognition is important. After all, for me and many people I know about, BG is the reason for becoming interested in Dungeons & Dragons in the first place. :smile:
    JuliusBorisovlolienBlackbɨrd
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Enjoyable story. A nice nod to Raiders of the Lost Ark there, lol.
    JuliusBorisovCalmar
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Dorn's a great character, some of Beamdog's best work in my opinion. Thanks for sharing!
    JuliusBorisovBlackbɨrd
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    Wait, so before Barrow Kryll left Dorn for Simmone, who is likely in his 60s by then...
    idk how to comment on this, is it even a thing? But I just feel, um, necessary to point this out...
    JuliusBorisov
  • AutocratAutocrat Member Posts: 68
    Very cool. I hope you get around to re-releasing the Corwin and M'Khiin short stories from the Familiar, as well!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • GrimjackMVGrimjackMV Member Posts: 151

Dragon+'s new issue is out.

It comes with the original story of Dorn Il-Khan by Dave Gross.

There's even a fifth edition character sheet for Dorn available for download now!

Very cool!
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I know I'm late to the party but I love this!!
    JuliusBorisov
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    I did enjoy previously and now again, reading about Dorn and his blade Rancor. How he got trapped, the process of learning about the sword and the final sections with Simmeon. I like Dorn, he's an interesting character. I made a cinematic tribute of Dorn and it only feels right to post it here:
    JuliusBorisov
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Bit of a necro, but I figured this would be an appropriate place for this request. Dave Gross worked on origin stories for all three characters—Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad—before BG:EE got released. Any chance to get those novellas collected in a PDF anthology as a download bonus for owners of the game? They were good and it would be a shame if they got lost.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Maybe. Hard to say. The focus atm is not on IE games, especially extra goods. We'll see.