Skip to content

Silly Familiar Question

How does the ferret cast blur? I can't seem to get it to work... supposed to be able to cast blur once per day?
Calmar

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    I am playing IWD myself currently. I checked and don't see where Ferrets have this option, Pseudo-Dragon does, but not Ferret... however the description of both the Ferret and the spell itself indicate the Ferret gets this. So I'm not sure.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hookay, so i did some digging and here are the results:

since the ferret's actual class is "thief" it has no option to cast it's blur ability ( since it's blur ability is a spell not a special ability )

so i thought, okay, no sweat, i will just turn the ferret's class to mage/thief instead through EE keeper

so i did the above and now the ferret has the "cast spell" icon and the blur spell is in there, which i though; great now this should be no sweat

but there is a caveat, my assumption is that because ferret's have no casting animations the ferret refuses to cast the spell, no matter how many times i try to get the ferret to cast it, the ferret just sits there and does nothing

now with this all being said, this is with version 1.4 that i tested this on, but if @Melicamp is using version 2.5 then this is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed ( the best way to fix this i would say is give the ferret blur as a special ability and not as a spell like it is currently, or at least currently in 1.4)

on a side note, the test sorcerer i made to do this rolled a 92 on his first try *sigh*/*facepalm* what a waste of what could have been an awesome character for a character i will never use, in fact since of this writing he is forever gone into the ether
    StummvonBordwehrMelicampJuliusBorisovRaduziel
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    There's a 2.5? I think I'm on 1.4 but the Apply Update is blank?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You most like use an old Client and/or didn't opt in the beta. http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/the-25-update-beta-is-here.html
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Ah.. Yes, I've been out of the loop. Here's a silly question. We purchased IWD:EE a long time ago from Beamdog, but didn't bother to get a Steam Key because there were no achievements. Is it possible to get one retroactively, or do I need to bite the bullet and drop $20?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    sarevok57 said:

hookay, so i did some digging and here are the results:

since the ferret's actual class is "thief" it has no option to cast it's blur ability ( since it's blur ability is a spell not a special ability )

so i thought, okay, no sweat, i will just turn the ferret's class to mage/thief instead through EE keeper

so i did the above and now the ferret has the "cast spell" icon and the blur spell is in there, which i though; great now this should be no sweat

but there is a caveat, my assumption is that because ferret's have no casting animations the ferret refuses to cast the spell, no matter how many times i try to get the ferret to cast it, the ferret just sits there and does nothing

now with this all being said, this is with version 1.4 that i tested this on, but if @Melicamp is using version 2.5 then this is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed ( the best way to fix this i would say is give the ferret blur as a special ability and not as a spell like it is currently, or at least currently in 1.4)

on a side note, the test sorcerer i made to do this rolled a 92 on his first try *sigh*/*facepalm* what a waste of what could have been an awesome character for a character i will never use, in fact since of this writing he is forever gone into the ether

Interesting - When I edit the Ferret in EEKeeper, the Blur Spell is listed as level 3. Pseudodragon's Blur is level 2... wonder why it has that weird level 3 blur spell. In any case, it doesn't matter. Even when edit the creature file I also can't get it to work. Heck, even if I make it a mage/thief, I couldn't get the spell icon to come up - probably because the spell was already casted in the instance I tested with Melicamp.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Melicamp said:

Ah.. Yes, I've been out of the loop. Here's a silly question. We purchased IWD:EE a long time ago from Beamdog, but didn't bother to get a Steam Key because there were no achievements. Is it possible to get one retroactively, or do I need to bite the bullet and drop $20?

Yes, send a message to support@beamdog.com

As for the Ferret and Blur bug, it's already logged in https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/33437 (hopefully will be fixed in the full 2.5 patch).
    HaHaCharadeMelicamp
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I believe this thread has been opened in the wrong section - this is the Italian one, not the international. It should be moved, @JuliusBorisov :)
    JuliusBorisov
    Haha, not that it mattered much :)

Moved!