Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

We need your feedback on the new forum text editor switch.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Silly Familiar Question

How does the ferret cast blur? I can't seem to get it to work... supposed to be able to cast blur once per day?

Calmar

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,504
    I am playing IWD myself currently. I checked and don't see where Ferrets have this option, Pseudo-Dragon does, but not Ferret... however the description of both the Ferret and the spell itself indicate the Ferret gets this. So I'm not sure.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,734
    hookay, so i did some digging and here are the results:

since the ferret's actual class is "thief" it has no option to cast it's blur ability ( since it's blur ability is a spell not a special ability )

so i thought, okay, no sweat, i will just turn the ferret's class to mage/thief instead through EE keeper

so i did the above and now the ferret has the "cast spell" icon and the blur spell is in there, which i though; great now this should be no sweat

but there is a caveat, my assumption is that because ferret's have no casting animations the ferret refuses to cast the spell, no matter how many times i try to get the ferret to cast it, the ferret just sits there and does nothing

now with this all being said, this is with version 1.4 that i tested this on, but if @Melicamp is using version 2.5 then this is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed ( the best way to fix this i would say is give the ferret blur as a special ability and not as a spell like it is currently, or at least currently in 1.4)

on a side note, the test sorcerer i made to do this rolled a 92 on his first try *sigh*/*facepalm* what a waste of what could have been an awesome character for a character i will never use, in fact since of this writing he is forever gone into the ether

StummvonBordwehrMelicampJuliusBorisovRaduziel
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 231
    There's a 2.5? I think I'm on 1.4 but the Apply Update is blank?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 15,843
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 231
    Ah.. Yes, I've been out of the loop. Here's a silly question. We purchased IWD:EE a long time ago from Beamdog, but didn't bother to get a Steam Key because there were no achievements. Is it possible to get one retroactively, or do I need to bite the bullet and drop $20?

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,504
    sarevok57 said:

hookay, so i did some digging and here are the results:

since the ferret's actual class is "thief" it has no option to cast it's blur ability ( since it's blur ability is a spell not a special ability )

so i thought, okay, no sweat, i will just turn the ferret's class to mage/thief instead through EE keeper

so i did the above and now the ferret has the "cast spell" icon and the blur spell is in there, which i though; great now this should be no sweat

but there is a caveat, my assumption is that because ferret's have no casting animations the ferret refuses to cast the spell, no matter how many times i try to get the ferret to cast it, the ferret just sits there and does nothing

now with this all being said, this is with version 1.4 that i tested this on, but if @Melicamp is using version 2.5 then this is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed ( the best way to fix this i would say is give the ferret blur as a special ability and not as a spell like it is currently, or at least currently in 1.4)

on a side note, the test sorcerer i made to do this rolled a 92 on his first try *sigh*/*facepalm* what a waste of what could have been an awesome character for a character i will never use, in fact since of this writing he is forever gone into the ether

Interesting - When I edit the Ferret in EEKeeper, the Blur Spell is listed as level 3. Pseudodragon's Blur is level 2... wonder why it has that weird level 3 blur spell. In any case, it doesn't matter. Even when edit the creature file I also can't get it to work. Heck, even if I make it a mage/thief, I couldn't get the spell icon to come up - probably because the spell was already casted in the instance I tested with Melicamp.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 15,843
    Melicamp said:

Ah.. Yes, I've been out of the loop. Here's a silly question. We purchased IWD:EE a long time ago from Beamdog, but didn't bother to get a Steam Key because there were no achievements. Is it possible to get one retroactively, or do I need to bite the bullet and drop $20?

Yes, send a message to [email protected]

As for the Ferret and Blur bug, it's already logged in https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/33437 (hopefully will be fixed in the full 2.5 patch).

HaHaCharadeMelicamp
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 7,792
    I believe this thread has been opened in the wrong section - this is the Italian one, not the international. It should be moved, @JuliusBorisov :)

JuliusBorisov
    Haha, not that it mattered much :)

Moved!