Skip to content

SOD IOS import question

StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
What, on your character, imports to from BG 1 to SOD on IOS?
I am guessing everything imports on pc version because it is the same game, but how about the IOS version? They are separate games.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Everything should be imported, just as on PC. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/962029/#Comment_962029
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Thank you.
    So a smart person would take everyone equipment and put them in the main pc’s inventory and export.
    Gotcha.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    So...I hit export character, choose SoD, and nothing happens. iOS. Any ideas?
    is The character on iCloud or google cloud?
    You need to go to that cloud and share it with SOD.
    Yeah.
    Then open up SOD and import it
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited March 2018
    Grum said:

@Grum
    When I exported characters from bg1, I just hit the export button as you did. The character could then be found in character files when you imported.

One caveat though. If you use a name you have used before, the character cant be overwritten - you will have to rename it

Edit: here is a post about importing characters:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/960727/#Comment_960727
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    Grum
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Grum said:

@Grum
    When I exported characters from bg1, I just hit the export button as you did. The character could then be found in character files when you imported.

One caveat though. If you use a name you have used before, the character cant be overwritten - you will have to rename it
    Thank you! It works now
    StummvonBordwehr
  • ZedalionZedalion Member Posts: 8
    I also have a question about this process in iOS. I can export/import a character file no problem, but I can't seem to import an actual saved game file from BG EE to SoD. When I try to import in SoD it says to share from BGEE, but I can't figure out how.

This is slightly annoying because I'd rather start SoD with my actual end game party from BGEE instead of a jumble of randos.
    Jumble of rando’s is the difference between bg and iwd.
    It is for story purposes
    Zedalion said:

I also have a question about this process in iOS. I can export/import a character file no problem, but I can't seem to import an actual saved game file from BG EE to SoD. When I try to import in SoD it says to share from BGEE, but I can't figure out how.

This is slightly annoying because I'd rather start SoD with my actual end game party from BGEE instead of a jumble of randos.

@Zedalion
    I think you have to export each character in your party individually. It will do the trick, and I think its the only way around it.
    You can’t export, for example jareira. You can only export your people
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Try long-tapping the ‘Quicksave’ icon in BGEE
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, all!

There's currently a bug in SoD on iOS which prevents the import of other NPC Party members except a CHARNAME (i.e. the whole party), unfortunately. The team are already working on this bug.

However, you can play a new game in SoD based off the CHARNAME as exported from BG1:EE.

To start a game based off of something from BG1:EE is to do the following:

1) Open the game to export from in BG1:EE (This will have to be prior to the final battle, you cannot load the "final save" for this process).
    2) Long tap on the quick save button. This will Quick Save and open the "Interact with other Applications" menu of iOS
    3) If needed, tap "Open in Application" (however a list of applications to interact with should be showing already).
    4) In the showing list of applications select "Siege of Dragonspear"
    5) Siege of Dragonspear will open and "Import" the saved game.
    6) In Siege of Dragonspear, select "Single Player" and then "New Game"
    7) On the right click "Import"
    8) On the next screen click "Saved Game"
    9) A listing of saved games that have been imported to SoD will come up (see ***)
    10) Select a Saved Game and click "Load"
    11) You will see your CHARNAME's character name in the box to the left, highlight this and click "Done"
    12) Complete Character Import by selecting Appearance and Name.
    13) Click "Accept"
    14) Tap the Difficulty you wish to play on and click "Venture Forth"

This will allow you to start a new SoD game with a CHARNAME as they were (all equipment, stats, etc.) from BG1:EE, however it won't allow you to start a new SoD game with the NPCs in the same state they were when you exported from BG1:EE (which is a current bug).

***The list of loaded saved games you get when you click "Import" and "Saved Game" on character generation is the exact same list of games you should be getting when you click the "Import Game" button on the main interface (the one that currently gives you a popup) so the functionality to move a game from BG1:EE to SoD intact does indeed exist and does indeed work, there's just no functional way at this point from within SoD to start a new game based off of one of those saved games.
    StummvonBordwehrtbone1LazarusNine
    Thank you so much for the information! It's not really too annoying to start with a jumble of random characters, but I think it would help immersion and all that good crap if you could start with your actual end-game party (even if not with their actual equipment), or at least those of them that are playable in SoD.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    Yes, and I also noticed that sharing a compressed version of the PC save to the iPad through a cloud service does not work with SOD like it does with BG:EE. Guess I’ll wait until this bug of importing all party members as part of a save file gets worked out,
    This is so so awesome. Thank you!
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I’m having trouble importing a save from SoD to BG2 on iOS. Is there currently a way to do this?
    Out of curiosity, why a save and not a character file?
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    That's great - thanks.

What about from SOD PC -> SOD stand-alone App on IOS?

and

same back and forth for BG2 TOB PC <-> Throne of Bhaal in BG2 IOS App ?
    edited January 2021
    You are welcome @DonCzirr

I don’t have a PC version of the ee games. Only the vanilla trilogy.

But my guess would be a process like this:

1) copy your save game from your PC folder

2) upload the game to the cloud. Dropbox would be my choice

3) find the save game and in Dropbox

4) rename your file. The game file should be something like this if it’s an iOS file
    “File name of your choice.bg1save”

In any case rename it to

“File name of your choice.BG2save”

4) once renamed press export on the file

5) choose the BG2:ee app as your destination

6) the save should be exported - I reckon.

Asserted screen shots
    jfp24e4mcpwd.png
    kpnpgbh8gll1.png
    5ynxjxrxevhg.png

This method also works between 2 iOS versions of the game. You can export your save game to Dropbox and the rename it and exporting it into another app. It’s a bit more tedious than the in game method.
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    JuliusBorisov
  • SkettSkett Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2021
    I’m still having problems with this
    I finished Baldurs Gate EE on my iPad Pro watch all the ending credits and it just returns game back to the front page doesn’t open SOD and there is no final save in SOD to start with same crew

Any help would be great

I have version v2.5.17.0
    Skett wrote: »
    I’m still having problems with this
    I finished Baldurs Gate EE on my iPad Pro watch all the ending credits and it just returns game back to the front page doesn’t open SOD and there is no final save in SOD to start with same crew

Any help would be great

I have version v2.5.17.0

You have to export your game - it wont happen by it self.

You export your game by long tapping the Quick save button. Try it a few times so you get.

When you are ready, reload your final save - just before Sarevok dies. Then quickly long tap the quick save button.
    Acifer
  • SkettSkett Member Posts: 5
    So it doesn’t just roll over to SOD
    I keep reading after the credits it opens SOD and starts on its own

I have never watched the credits (gotta do that at some point), so I wouldnt know.

But as far as I know, its either:
    1) exporting your character via the character screen, or
    2) exporting your game, by long tapping the quiclk save button.

By the means of the above ypu can skip SoD and go directly to BG2:ee - which I believe was a priority as well.

This is valid for the PC version when you have both BG:EE and SoD installed. On PC, it (SoD) is DLC. On mobile, it's a separate app.
  • GlassesGlasses Member Posts: 2
    I know this is a relatively old thread on top of an even older thread, but I had a related question.

I don't guess you are able to import the final save, after beating Sarevok, in BG1:EE to SoD? Loading the final save goes directly to the cutscene/credits, and I'm not able to long press the quick save button.

If this is the case, is there anything detrimental to using a save before actually beating BG1:EE?
    @Glasses
    You Can import the final save from BG1:ee into SoD on the iOS. I would advice you do that instead of exporting your character.

IIRC you have to load your latent save from BG1:ee and when loaded “long” tab the quick save button (just hold it down for a while). You will then be given the option to export it to SoD and BG2:ee amongst others. If you load the “final save” you have to be quick about it before the cutscenes and credits come up. Better take a save from before the fight.
  • GlassesGlasses Member Posts: 2
    @Glasses
    You Can import the final save from BG1:ee into SoD on the iOS. I would advice you do that instead of exporting your character.

IIRC you have to load your latent save from BG1:ee and when loaded “long” tab the quick save button (just hold it down for a while). You will then be given the option to export it to SoD and BG2:ee amongst others. If you load the “final save” you have to be quick about it before the cutscenes and credits come up. Better take a save from before the fight.

When loading the Final Save, no matter how quickly I try to long press the quick save, or pause the game, I can't get it before the credits start rolling. No problem exporting an earlier save, but after I initiate conversation with Sarevok, I can't export the save file. I believe its different on PC, where it launches SoD right away. Not sure if the iOS version was completely thought thru in this aspect.