Skip to content

Android version scrapped?

2»

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Oh get serious. Yellow buttons? That's just a photoshoop of a government debt calculator; it can only add.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    During the livestream today Phillip Daigle has said that SoD on tablets will happen, after the work on the 2.5 patch is over .
    StummvonBordwehrDragonspearRAM021
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

During the livestream today Phillip Daigle has said that SoD on tablets will happen, after the work on the 2.5 patch is over .

Just tell me when I should have a saved game ready to go.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    So, from what I can piece together is that BD have at least 3 balls in the air right now; BG patch 2,5, NWN EE and a secret project. SoD for android is in a state somewhere between 0 and 100, but not a(nother?) finger will be lifted until BG patch 2.5, which is also in a state somewhere between 0 and 100.

Urgh. If the android sales are so poor they disincentive you, why not just fess up and say "Look, guys, we won't give a date, but for now you are looking at at least half a year!"

Or how about splitting the work force / work effort (yes yes I understand some people are key people whose expertise is needed for all projects) 40% NWN EE, 40% secret project, 10% BG patch 2.5 and 10% SoD? That way, there will be constant progress, and when one project ends, people will not have forgotten all the details on that other project and it will not take 3 months of confusion, frustration and increasingly angry wednesday meetings just to get back on track.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    My current understanding is that 2.5 is supposed to be finished and released for each platform at the same time, possibly excepting review process after Beamdog has submitted it to say gog or app store. Then the patch team switches over to focus on getting SoD to 2.5 and getting it ported to Android. NWN EE and the currently unknown original project are all handled by separate teams already, I believe.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ThacoBell said:

My current understanding is that 2.5 is supposed to be finished and released for each platform at the same time, possibly excepting review process after Beamdog has submitted it to say gog or app store. Then the patch team switches over to focus on getting SoD to 2.5 and getting it ported to Android. NWN EE and the currently unknown original project are all handled by separate teams already, I believe.

Correct.
    _Luke_RAM021ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Could it be that this is the long-awaited sign for SoD coming to tablets...?
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrGusinda
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Haha, nailed it!
    StummvonBordwehr

Could it be that this is the long-awaited sign for SoD coming to tablets...?

Sure. That post has got a little update about the subject of the test :)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Well, butter me up and call me a biscuit!
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.