Skip to content

Half Orc or Dwarf

2»

Comments

• PteranPteran Member Posts: 388

Grum said:

The dwarf charisma penalty is because of the jealousy of others.

Exactly. People accuse the Dwarfs of being bigots and overly dwarfcentric - it's like they expect the Dwarfs to just up and pretend that they are the equal of all the lesser races...just so inferior specimens will feel better about themselves.

Don't blame the Dwarfs if you are a dud. It's not their fault you were shat on by nature. Just take solace in the fact that your race serves a very important purpose - making the Dwarfs look so damn good! Haha!
    This isn't Little League! We're not giving out participation trophies. Dwarves are superior, and the other races need to learn to accept that.
    MoradinAerakar
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Dwarves may be hard to beat in some ways but I'd rather share my bed with an elf...
    RAM021
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Why share your bed with an elf if you could just as well use an ooze as a bed?
    Really now... sometimes I can't comprehend multicellular organisms.
    jesterdesuGrum
  • Tad_Has_A_Cold_OliveTad_Has_A_Cold_Olive Member Posts: 183
    But can dwarves dance?
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388

But can dwarves dance?

I don't know, you tell me.

• KvotheRM8KvotheRM8 Member Posts: 54
    Dwarven Defenders are stoic, mob slaughtering, armored machines! Make sure you get Horror for your middle chapter skills. 1. you are already all but immune to poison anyways. 2. get surrounded by a powerful mob and realize you bit off more than you can chew and are too slow to run away? Watch THEM all run away. It’s a great Uh Oh button when your main Uh Oh button isnt enough, saved my bacon is SoD twice already.

Honestly, the Drizz’t or Sarevok fights can be won by a vanilla fighter with a 10 str. All you need are the right potions. Hell there are like 50+ potions of heroism in the game, I once drank 20 of them and got my saves in the negs, hp over 300, and thacos way down in the negs. Of course you will wanna kill that dude with the arrows of dispell magic first and formost.

I don’t think being slightly better at offense is better than being all but unkillable at defense and make no mistake DD still are strong fighters! I had one of the most epic Lich fights ever in SoD had to kill the damn thing three times in a row before it died for good!
    RAM021
  • KvotheRM8KvotheRM8 Member Posts: 54
    The only thing that bothers me about my DD is the entire plot is flawed unless I am lead to believe that dwarves reach maturity at the same rate as humans (20 years in Candlekeep) and that Gorion was in live with a female dwarf! But worst of all, Viconia wont have me and that makes me want her even more! lol
    RAM021
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    with the original +5 bonus to saves dwarves are better choice. half-orc can be a better choice only as a wizard slayer. WS can't use potions of strenght and STR enhancing items exept weapons which comes later in the game, so half-orcs 19 native STR can be better or more convenient than save bonus. but you can still roll for 18/00 STR for dwarf and there is not that much difference between 18/00 and 19 STR so basically in the end dwarves are simply better.
    RAM021
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I'd play a H/O anytime over a dwarf, and it's not because of bonus this or bonus that. It's just because I like the race and the fact that they are not fully accepted by either side (and anybody else for that matter), less common, loners more often than not, and have a more interesting array of orcish deities to choose from based on my preference for darker oriented characters. Them being, at least in part, of that vast empire of humanoids that are usually portrayed as enemies appeals to me as well.
    Nothing wrong with a dwarf, just not my thing in over 35+ yrs of RPing.
    Bonuses, smonuses, if ya like something, play it, and for the love of pete, whatever ya play, get into it for something more than a number (and I'm sure many do). B)

If your a number cruncher forget all I just said, as I know it doesn't matter. ;):)
    ArctodusAerakarThacoBellRAM021
    My dwarven barb eats half-orcs for breakfast. Hmm....

GusindaAerakar
    standing on a HALF (hehehe, get it??) - orc, he can reach anywhere.
    Raduzielgorgonzola
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Gnomes > Dwarves > Halflings > Elves > Half-Orcs > Half-Elves > Mildly interesting fungal growths > Humans.
    InKalAnduinRAM021toolarg
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Pantalion said:

Gnomes > Dwarves > Halflings > Elves > Half-Orcs > Half-Elves > Mildly interesting fungal growths > Humans.

Hm, you don’t work for the IRS, do you? Just a hunch.
    RaduzielStummvonBordwehrGusinda
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Pantalion said:

tbone1 said:

Pantalion said:

Hm, you don’t work for the IRS, do you? Just a hunch.
    One of my roles includes customer service. Misanthropy is a class feature.
    [clicks tab]

Huh, third thing in the kit description. Would have thought it was second.

PokotaPantalionBalrog99ThacoBell
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I think this discussion is avoiding the blatant white elephant gnome (or any other colour) in the room.

It could be because it's cast invisibility... Being masters of illusion and such...
    AerakarRAM021
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited March 2018
    Half Orcs make the best druids (my love of 3rd edition is speaking here). Dwarves make the best barbarians.

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844

Half Orcs make the best druids (my love of 3rd edition is speaking here). Dwarves make the best barbarians.

Halflings make the best sandwich.
    Balrog99StummvonBordwehrGrum
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

I hope that doesn't sounds like that stupid "get me a sandwich" excuse for a joke, but I think that my wife is a halfling.

A 180 centimeters halfling.

McDonald's and Burger King never saw my money again since I got married.
    Ardul
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    Raduziel said:

I hope that doesn't sounds like that stupid "get me a sandwich" excuse for a joke, but I think that my wife is a halfling.

A 180 centimeters halfling.

McDonald's and Burger King never saw my money again since I got married.
    A double halfling perhaps? Or just a wholeling?