Skip to content

BG:EE Android: Download failed because you may not have purchased this app

msgmsg Member Posts: 2
Hi

I purchased these apps long time ago just to support you because I knew eventually I'll play them... That time has come now and I am trying to run it on galaxy s7 edge running android nougat so I can purchase the extra adventures with IAP but unfortunately is giving me problems to open the games.
I see that the games downloaded around 2GB and took a while to install, then I open the games and I get "Looking for resources to download" 0/0Mb and after a few seconds the screen change to "Download failed because you may not have purchased this app".
Well, I definitely purchased these apps on google play store and this problem is preventing me to purchase the extra content...
Could you please check this?
The same problem is happening with BG:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE and probably all android beamdog games, didn't try PST:EE & SoD yet...

Best regards

By the way, thank you for SoD for android too! Planning to buy it and NWN:EE once it is ported :smiley:
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello! Sorry for your experience.

Can you please check if you can opt-in the beta according to the instructions here: http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/the-25-update-beta-is-here.html

- or it still gives you this message.
  • msgmsg Member Posts: 2
    Thank you @JuliusBorisov
    I found that I had an app that made a backup/reinstallation of the game itself and that caused that the app was not originally installed from google as expected. In the tablet I didn't and it work properly, so after I disabled the app on the phone and reinstall the app it works fine.
    Thanks to you I am in the beta now on both, phone and tablet and I was able to do some IAP. This beta is a HUGE step up over the stable version! I don't know when was the last update of the beta, I am waiting to get a new beta with all the reported and fixed bugs applied and report the ones that I found if there is any.
    This ?old? beta is not as stable as I wish, It crash so often when you reload a game or use map with area map background enabled on the config or try to see the map button in the area were you meet imoen but even with that crash problems this version is by far much better than the stable.
    I also noticed when I made the IAPs on the phone the tablet didn't recognize it and the button to restore IAPs on the tablet is not usable, I had to reinstall the game again on the tablet in order to make the content available.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The new beta build is about to be released (for BG:EE).

Don't forget to report the issues you mention here on support.baldursgate.com - our dedicated bug tracker - so that nothing is missed. Include information about your device and OS, please.
  • ParagoneParagone Member Posts: 4
    Hi! I'm having the same exact problem with Planescape Torment, BG1 and BG2. Do you know which app did that to you OP? It's weird, too, because I managed to make PS:T work a few days ago, but after clearing the game's data it shows the same message again...