Skip to content

[Football] UCL thread

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Already 2 beautiful goals!
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @JuliusBorisov Very beautiful indeed. So far so good regarding my prediction, after the first half.
    JuliusBorisov
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    How good was the juve goal! Can see ramos getting a second yellow soon too!
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisov
    Ah shite
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Juve absolutely dead in the 2nd half. Unexpected.

But credit where credit is due. Excellent 2nd time from Real.

Judging by the game, Bayern in 1/4 were a stronger team than Juve...
    FinneousPJ
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Ramos is a dick we can all agree on that. Part the reason I hate Spanish football bunch of dicks.
    FinneousPJ
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Great goal!

Weird Champions League year for me. Imagine how upset I was when Roma, Atletico, and Chelsea were all drawn in the same group this year! Now only Roma is left in the fight, but with little chance against Barcelona.
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisov

Were you guys watching?

Yeah, "definitely past his prime", "he's done", "his legs are off", "he's in decline".
    FinneousPJ
    FORZA ROMA!!!!!!!1

FORZA MANOLAS!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FinneousPJJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    Well done Roma!!
    booinyoureyesFinneousPJJuliusBorisov
    Oh yeah congrats Roma! Who would have guessed.

Also too bad about the wrongly disqualified goal of Man City.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyessparkleav
    Indeed, overall, these are 2 most unexpected results.
    booinyoureyesStummvonBordwehrsparkleav
    By Guillem Balague (I've found it very insightful):

"The Champions League is a competition that has always thrown up a number of surprises. But what is most interesting is a new trend; teams that make the most impact during their league campaign seem to be running out of steam as the "squeaky bum time" of Europe's most prestigious knockout tournaments loom into view.

Manchester City, Barcelona and Juventus are all flying high on the domestic front. The first two are now out of the Champions League while the Italians, barring a four-goal winning miracle at the Santiago Bernabeu, will also say goodbye to the competition.

Both City and Barcelona's seasons are now being judged by their latest results, although the fact is that both of them, barring meteoric collapses in form, are going to win their respective league titles easily.

And if winning your domestic title is not an indicator that you are the best in your country, what exactly is?

In truth, aside from the platitudes and clichés that proclaim that cup tournaments are a sprint while league campaigns are a marathon, what they normally tell us is that while a league table will show what the best team in a particular country is, tournaments like the Champions League point out the best team in the Champions League in any given year.

Perhaps, even more simply, it tells us who can produce the goods when it comes to a knockout competition. And that is also important. It tells us who has the character to function under pressure and who comes short at that crucial point.

Also winning the Champions League requires different weapons and constituents to those needed to win the league, not least of which is luck, the rub of the green."
    FinneousPJbooinyoureyessparkleav
    edited April 2018
    Are you watching that?....

Against ALL odds Juventus have hit 3 times....
    Buffon is sent off on the 90th minute
    The penalty is given...
    What a way for Buffon to wave goodbye to the Champions League....
    And Ronaldo scores...
    StummvonBordwehrFinneousPJsparkleav
    So dramatic. But Ronaldo is magical.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited April 2018
    What do you think about the red card? There's a big accusation thrown ("A human being can't just 'knock out' a team after such a game with such a dubious scene: Instead of a heart he probably has a trash can. If you don't have the personality you should be in the stands with your wife eating fries, not refing this game" - Buffon about Micheal Oliver). But in the same time it was completely correct, according to the Rules. * Although there's another point of view.

Also, this:

What is your take?
    I can see both PoVs. But I do not think the game was made by this call. As for the picture it's not the same match so who cares.
    Bayern Munich - Real Madrid
    Liverpool - Roma

So either Liverpool or Roma in the final. Who would have guessed that in Autumn or even in February... Good job and good luck!
    booinyoureyesFinneousPJsparkleav
    Great draw for us, though we are still the underdogs.

Daje Roma!
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
    Cool!
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
    Alas.

booinyoureyesFinneousPJ
    Tyvärr
    I don't know if that's a final decision, especially since it was a joke in a commercial. I still have hope!
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisov
    This was funny

It was very nice of Zlatan to invite Jimmy Kimmel onto his show.
    Hahahaha, brilliant.
    JuliusBorisov
    @booinyoureyes Gogo Roma tonight!
    booinyoureyes
    @booinyoureyes Sorry bro :O
    booinyoureyes