Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

I know where IWD:2 source code, might be!

Look no further, my rebellion begins tonight, On ward, I bet its GoG.com, are hiding the code, It would hurt sales of the original game which only they have. But you might say, Beamdog sales games on GoG.com, why would they do that, easy, at the present time GoG.com is the only digital retailer who offers IWD:2, if they gave up the source code, then we would have an IWD2:EE, which means, Steam, Beamdog client, and GoG.com. It would be bad for GoG.com bc it would cut into profits from being the only seller to now being only 1 of 3 maybe 4 sellers.

I say we organization of resistances and final get what this community been thirsty for "TO THE VAULTS OF GOG.COM!!!"

ThacoBell

Comments

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 419
    I can't tell if this is a joke thread or if you're really that dense.

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 61
    Dev6 said:

I can't tell if this is a joke thread or if you're really that dense.

kinda both, more joke though. Just throwing rants out bc I want IWD2:EE so bad but yet know its impossible at this point, but yeah just trying to keep it in the spotlight whether joke or not, but yeah this is a joke thread.

ronaldobooinyoureyesQuartzmashedtaters
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 2,194
    @semiticgod 's IWD2EE run made me play it more than ever.

semiticgodQuartz
    @Raduziel, i think you mean IWD1EE bc there is no IWD2EE yet, this thread is to drum up support to get a IWD2EE made, which most likely wont happen bc no one cant find the source code it seems, BUT IM NOT GIVING UP HOPE!!!!!

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 2,204
    IWD2 had the best start of any of the IE games in my opinion. The goblin fights and the bridge battle were awesome! Unfortunately, after the Aurilites, it lost my interest fast. I've never been able to pin down why, but it just got boring after that for some reason. I made it to the Severed Hand several times but I never finished the game...

TorgrimmerWarChiefZekeShandaxxmashedtaters
    @Torgrimmer I meant IWD2, not IWD2EE or IWDEE.

TorgrimmerQuartz
    Raduziel said:

@Torgrimmer I meant IWD2, not IWD2EE or IWDEE.

@Raduziel Not a problem, Bro/sister. You did good, was just confused.

Raduziel
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 87
    Paranoic conspiracy theory - GOG makes that much of IWD2 sales that yea...makes perfect sense lol.

IWD2 was a horribly boring game anyway, I don't get why people would want it ressurected.

saox said:

Paranoic conspiracy theory - GOG makes that much of IWD2 sales that yea...makes perfect sense lol.

IWD2 was a horribly boring game anyway, I don't get why people would want it ressurected.

In my case, OCD.

booinyoureyesmashedtaters
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 84
    EEKeeper work With IWD2? I just Might get it from gog And roll a few parties?

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,042
    thrudd said:

EEKeeper work With IWD2? I just Might get it from gog And roll a few parties?

You’ll need Dale Keeper 2. You can get it here:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/index_editors.php

RaduzielMathsorcerer
  • FirecrowFirecrow Member Posts: 55
    edited March 27
    saox said:

On HoF mode IWD2 much more difficult than IWD1 and even more hardier compared IWD:EE. This alone already adds some interest. Also IWD2 has many mods, especially Tactics4IWD2. Solo HoF druid in Tactics4IWD2 was the hardiest play for me in all my life.

• XorinaXorina Member Posts: 37
    Bit of a Noober question, but, can't you simply decompile the code from the discs themselves? If that's the right word to use?

Firecrow
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 1,893
    @Xorina: "Decompile" is the right word, but "simply decompile" isn't the right phrase.

The problem is basically that compilers aren't one-to-one, meaning that there are many different programs that will compile to the exact same executable. So given the executable, there's no way to know for sure what the original source code was. Even if you don't care about getting the exact original code, it's very difficult to design a decompiler that will reliably output human-readable source code as opposed to some obfuscated mess.

Mathsorcerertbone1StummvonBordwehrQuartz
    edited March 28
    "The problem is basically that compilers aren't one-to-one, meaning that there are many different programs that will compile to the exact same executable. So given the executable, there's no way to know for sure what the original source code was. Even if you don't care about getting the exact original code, it's very difficult to design a decompiler that will reliably output human-readable source code as opposed to some obfuscated mess."

Can it not be translated to assembler or machine code or another language? Surely the authors know what the original code was, as in what it was written in?

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 1,893
    They know what language it was written in, but that's not the point.

As an analogy, suppose I make some complicated image in Photoshop, and then I hand you a print-out of it and tell you to list all the steps I took in creating it. That's an impossible task, because there are many different ways to produce any given image in Photoshop.

Or alternatively, suppose I ask you what two numbers I added to get 185. Again, it's impossible.

Compiled code is like that. It's not "translated" in a reversible way.

RaduzielThacoBellQuartzmashedtaters
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,813
    joluv said:

Even if you don't care about getting the exact original code, it's very difficult to design a decompiler that will reliably output human-readable source code as opposed to some obfuscated mess.

For most values of "human". Though I can remember a couple coworkers who could not only ork a cow but could, apparently, only communicate in ones and zeros.

joluvStummvonBordwehrRaduzielmashedtaters
    Some so-and-so must have the code, perhaps a worldwide call with a suitable reward is necessary, an invite to the launch party, say.

• Jeppeboy1Jeppeboy1 Member Posts: 5
    I bought the game from GoG.com. I found the 3e rules utterly confusing - particularly because several feats are bugged and dont work in the original game. Reached the ice temple but my interest fainted quickly. There are so many repetitive fights, same loot, and almost no interesting side quests. A year later I have not picked it up, and I am fairly convinced I never will.